Download Help needed (about clients)

Started by Yuka, Aug 08, 2008, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuka

I have Windows XP and Flashget, I wanted to download the latest Sakray and kRO in just 1 part (meaning Full Sakray download and Full kRO download) but is there any way to download 0616 with FLASHGET? Every time I try to download it on aDrive, it uses the computer's own slow download program and it refuses to use Flashget. I also tried downloaded it from the Telecharger ce fichier site, but all that gives me in a C:/ prompt. I've also heard that 0616 has lots of issues, so which version of sakray and kRO should I use (please provide dl links)?

Dunno if this should go to support.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Wasn't Flashget full of malware?

Using download manages is kind of pointless now that everything's on torrents anyway.

But to answer your question, from what I remember you have to copy the download link into the Flashget somehow, I can't get you specifics since I haven't used it in six years.

yC

Flashget and other download accelerators are a raper for the hosting computer / server, aDrive or the like are trying to avoid you rape their server by using those accelerators. 

Think about it, why those accelerators make your download faster?  It's because they use multiple connection to download the file by parts. 

So for example, one person uses accelerator can spawn 8 connections to download the files.  Meaning if you are downloading at 100kb/s with your slow broswer downloader, you will be downloading at 800kb/s (if your connection allows that) using flashget.  But think about the host, 1 person uses accelerator give them the load of 8 person downloading.  If everyone uses that, that will rape their server in no time.

So ... just stick with it or use the other sources.