24 hour character rule?

Started by Caroline, Oct 08, 2008, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caroline

This is my first post on the forum so I really hope I can get some help.

Lately, when I go to make a character it'll tell me that I have to try again in 24 hours. But when I come back to do so, I get the same message. Whats going on there? And its odd, becuase its only been happening recently. I've never had this problem before my latest servers. Is it a server thing or a patch error and is there somthing I can do about it?

I'd really appreciate some help! I just got a new server, but I havn't been able to log on once because I can't create a character. I'm dying inside.

Auroraâ„¢

Most servers I've been on that had that problem, it turned out to be a sort of bug that could easily be avoided. When you create your character, keep everything original by not changing the hair or hair color (except for stats, as far as I know, changing those don't affect it) and then try to create it. Also, some servers ban certain text characters from being used, so try to use regular letters/numbers in your name just in case.

» Coming Soon! «

Caroline

Aha! It worked! But on the one character I wanted to put an exclamation point on. Oh well. Thats life.
Thanks so much for your help!

Auroraâ„¢

» Coming Soon! «

Artariko

Lol ur sig is awesome Aurora xD
The rich wage war, but its the poor who die.

Defaced

Wel, most common errors like this is client side. The server only supports 9 characters but the client is patched with 12 characters. Another thing is in server side like src editing and recompiling.