A new error?

Started by Im4t89, Jan 12, 2009, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im4t89

Yeah, I already posted this problem in the "Error when Patching Sakray" topic, but I realized that it wasn't an error from Sakray - -;;  Anyways, I'm just going to repost it here...  Hopefully I'll get some answers!  And I'm sorry for the double-posting, too!

I've got some problems.  Usually it's something that has been said earlier in the thread, but I think this one's different.  I'm playing CeresRO.  Alright, the problem started yesterday.  I opened the patch, and this error came up, something about some patch list parse error.  I tried opening CeresRO's website (www.ceres-ro.net), but it led me to http://www.gamesites200.com/ragnarok/.  I don't know why.  Is it something wrong with the website or the CeresRO itself?  I asked my friend to try it, but he managed to open it o_O  Oh, by the way, the error opened up when I tried to open the CeresRO patch (the patching before you click 'start' to play your private server).

Anyway, here was the error that showed up.  Sorry if I can't show a picture...

| "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC " - //IETF//DTD HTML 2.0// EN">"          |
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah...  Please help???  I think this is something new, I dunno maybe it's the server itself? 

Omi

It's an error which the patcher can't trace the patchlist.  I'm unsure about the doctype situation, but if ceresRO's website is redirecting to gamesites, then something is probably up with your server.  Try contact a GM in game (if you can even log in) or try see if any other members are having the same problems.  Your best bet for now would just to run the .exe rather than the patch client.

Im4t89

Run the .exe?  Which one would that be? sakray.exe? ceres.exe? sakexe.exe?  As far as I know, ceres.exe is the patch... :/

Omi

Well, try find out what file ceres.exe runs after you close the patcher.  If the server executable is something like a .dll or .bin, you just have to rename it to .exe. :/

I can't really be of more help since I don't play the server, so sorry :/

Im4t89

It just closes...  I mean, I ran the patcher, the error came up, and the whole patch just closed.  /hmm  And I think the server is already .exe...  Bah, I think something IS wrong with the server ._.

Pandora

Isn't Ceres closed, pretty sure I read that in another topic, that would explain why you can't connect to it.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Im4t89

Whoa!?  They're closed?  Hmm, how come I didn't read anythinga bout that?  Or, heard the GMs say that in-game? Hmm...  Could you link me to that thread please?

yC

their url redirected me to top200 as well.  I'll delist that server.

try another one ...