04-12-2013 kRO Client Folder

Started by j2rhyme, May 29, 2013, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j2rhyme

I would like to ask if someone would give me more information about kRO from this link: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks.

I have patched both clients "2012-04-15-rsu-kro-rag-lite and 2012-04-15-rsu-kro-renewal-lite.

I'm planning to create a private server and I know that you do not support on how to make a server, but I would like to know what .exe do I run in order to get into my server? Do I still need to download a separate launcher to get into my server? Or do I simply run the kRO .exe files?

If I open Ragnarok.exe (not the patcher) it simply redirects me to the kRO website, (same with the Ragnarok_RE.exe).

And if I use the patchers to open the game (rsu-kro-rag-lite) it works fine but if I press the button it closes:

Here is a screenshot of my Ragnarok folder:

And oh is this the same with ragray?

Triper

This is why we don't provide help with this. Making a server is just too easy nowadays that anyone goes and tries to make a server and forget that they do have a manual aka wiki[don't take this as an offensive thing but it's the true, plenty of people don't care about reading the manual aka the wiki that has all the info about this].

the answer that you need: You've to diff your own exe to access your server.

Read the wiki, check rathena/eathena/hercules/whateveryou'reusing forum topics using search as an adviser tool and diff your own exe as soon as you feel confident with it.

You probably won't get it done at first try so just keep trying and search the tons of topics at their forum. Don't be afraid to ask for help there since they can give you proper help.

Also, this is the best advice that anyone can and will probably give to you:
If you don't know how to make a server, don't try to make it! Yes, I'm serious and this isn't to stop you from doing it or to demotivate you, it's just to not make you waste your time/money with it because there is a big chance that your server will die in a couple of weeks/months. It's pure wasted money for nothing.
If it's just for friends, I can understand it but if you're going to try to make something big, stop right there for a couple of seconds and think twice about that. Maintaining a server alive isn't easy and if you're starting with this and already made a question like this about the exe to run it, I don't want to imagine the drama that you can get when something goes wrong and you don't know how to fix and everybody goes "WTF?! WHY SERVER NO FIXED?!".
Seriously, think well in what your jumping into.

j2rhyme

I just found out what I need to do in order to access my server. I just wanted to know if there was anything wrong in the kRO I downloaded.

I am very well aware on the amount of responsibility that it takes in order to maintain and create a server. (Maintained a Minecraft Server before since I know how to program in JAVA.)

I do not take it as offensive thing and I can understand why you don't provide help with this.

Also, I am making this for my friends so that we can play together, I am not making it big since I am quite new to hosting a ragnarok private server, starting small and learning bit by bit is the best way to go. And the fact that a VPS costs so much money.

Thank you for entertaining my questions, even though it's not allowed. Off to the wikis! :)