RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: Test Server Info & Client Download [Updated 2012-09-30]  (Read 86732 times)

Offline WanderingDatabase

Re: Test Server Info & Client Download [Updated 2012-06-20]
« Reply #15 on: Jul 13, 2012, 02:52 PM »
So, I was having the same problem of those guys, i downloaded your texture folder again, and still, the files that the game can't find aren't present on the folder. Knowing that, i tried to put a random bpm file with the names of the missing bpm files so i could play, and guess what? It errored me again, now, with missing .act files of the sprite folder that isn't even present on the data flder you guys provided, or at least, wasn't on mine. I extracted with winrar, and spent almost 24 hours to download the kRO client, updated it and still havin problems with the sprite\shadow.act and more 5 others files with alike names. The sprite folder isn't on the link you posted here, yC, so how can i fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Offline yC

« Reply #16 on: Jul 13, 2012, 10:40 PM »
The sprite folder is inside the grf, we do not have to provide it to you.  Show a screenshot of a detailed view of your RO folder and the size of your rdata.grf and data.grf plus the content of your data.ini.

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2012, 03:20 PM »
I'm sorry, but i didn't found the data.ini file you said. Where it should be? Anyway, here is thr screenshot of my kro folder with the data and the rdata sizes. if it helps in any means, when i first open the rms file, it alerts me: "Ragnarok_RE.exe is changed. Press ok to restart", then, when i click ok it shows the error: "Load MapInfoTable failed!", and then, when i click ok the RO starts and error because of the sprite missing files.

Offline yC

« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2012, 06:12 PM »
The DATA.INI might not matter because when you are without it the client should create a basic one.  You could try create it yourself with the name in all caps DATA.INI and put inside:

[Data]
1=rdata.grf
2=data.grf

« Reply #19 on: Jul 16, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I searched on google how to properly create this file, and did it, but didn't changed a thing. The errors still the same, nothing changed. Here is the SS of my DATA.INI, did I something wrong?

Offline yC

« Reply #20 on: Jul 16, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Honestly, I have no more suggestions.  Usually if you are missing the very basic stuff like sprite\shadow.act it means the grf is not being read.  Were you able to get onto the login screen? char screen? in game?

« Reply #21 on: Jul 17, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Im' not being able even to open the ragnarok.  /hmm When i double click to play the server, i got the two errors i said before (something about ragnarok_RE and then "Load MapInfoTable failed!", then the ragnarok starts, and before it load the first screen it crashes missing the files Colorchip.bmp and Warning.bmp in different folders of my texture folder. This two files aren't on the texture folder, even the second and more complete one you provided, so since they aren't that important to the game, i put some randon .bmp files and renamed it so the game could recognize. That was when i started to have this shadow.act problem. If you want, i can SS the intire process of error, thought wil take like 5 or 6 SS.

Offline Tsunderekun

« Reply #22 on: Jul 27, 2012, 01:00 AM »
Holy smooch lol my character selection turned into dark ro skin hahaha... But I could still play on it  /heh

but when I go to Port Malaya Field its error D:

There isn't just one truth out there. Everyone involved carries their own form of the truth.

Offline yC

« Reply #23 on: Jul 27, 2012, 12:40 PM »
Tsunderekun, consider updating your client.  Such as running the rsu patchers and make sure it gets to July 2012.

Offline Tsunderekun

« Reply #24 on: Jul 28, 2012, 02:07 AM »
it wont patch D: it says failed to get patch <insert date here>gdata.grf somewhat that

There isn't just one truth out there. Everyone involved carries their own form of the truth.

Offline genuine

« Reply #25 on: Jul 29, 2012, 06:16 AM »
HELP. i cant open rms after i finished patching rsu

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline genuine

« Reply #26 on: Jul 29, 2012, 06:22 AM »
oops sorry i forgot to reattached rms.problem fixed /kis

Offline genuine

« Reply #27 on: Jul 29, 2012, 07:52 AM »
now i have a new problem, evrytime i summon bakonawa after 1sec of seeing .rms close like auto alt f4 .but its not a spr error or gravity error or evrything else nor pop up. its just automaticaly close. Help me i dont know how to fix this /pif

Offline Tsunderekun

« Reply #28 on: Jul 29, 2012, 09:53 AM »
I tried repairing Ahura Mazda but it won't let me equip saying that the item is damaged  /omg

Offline yC

« Reply #29 on: Jul 29, 2012, 12:09 PM »
@genuine bakonawa might be too new in general that the server not yet support it or too new to you.  That isn't something in my control.

@Tsunderekun that is game-play problem, not an error with the server you don't have to report that.  Any "bug" you discover can go straight to rAthena.  Depend when you downloaded your client and last successfully patched, you might need to download the client again from the newer links.  Read the message on the download page on the site for details.