RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: Test Server Info & Client Download [2015-11-06]  (Read 36915 times)

Offline edycan777

Re: Test Server Info & Client Download [2015-11-06]
« Reply #15 on: Jul 09, 2016, 04:02 AM »
haha, i dont know why i just couldnt get into the link..

Thanks for your help yc..
but where should i put the data?

sorry i m kinda noob on this

thanks for your help tho :)

all good now..
don't know why after i extracted everything.. all english

thank you
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2016, 04:16 AM by edycan777 »

Advertisement

Offline disaster10

« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2016, 11:29 AM »
server is down? icant connet it said rejected from server.

Offline yC

« Reply #17 on: Jul 17, 2016, 03:01 PM »
Both servers are online at this time.

Offline disaster10

« Reply #18 on: Jul 18, 2016, 05:21 AM »
but icant connect what is the problem?always rejected from server.

Offline disaster10

« Reply #19 on: Jul 18, 2016, 06:04 AM »
how i can fix those CHARACTER_INFO size error?

Offline yC

« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2016, 06:30 AM »
Are you using the client we provided?  That is a client error and doesn't happen with the RMS client.

You might be connecting to another server if your RO folder have other servers installation previously.

Offline Mr Gayman Watch

« Reply #21 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:46 PM »
I've been trying to get the client to work properly for an hour or two now and troubleshooted on this forum and others about how to get the correct client size with different methods but no luck.

Here is a link of what my client looks like
http://puu.sh/q8RFH/d7e4c16f1b.png

I have used the new and the old setup.exe, scrapped the whole folder and reinstalled fresh 3x and still I get a small client. The new setup.exe is able to get the client bigger (but not to the correct resolution I set) however the windows in the client are still as tiny even with the resolution increase so I can't see any of the text.

I downloaded my kRO full client files from..
https://rathena.org/board/topic/102572-kro-full-client-last-update-06152016/

I patched the renewal and pre renewal patches: rsu-kro-rag-lite-UPDATER

please help me out if you can, I'm stuck and not sure whats going on. I do not want to mess with the regedit because I have a client working perfectly fine on the private server I am on and just wanna get on the test server to test some things but am running into more trouble than I want. Hope someone can help, thanks.

Offline tsunderex

« Reply #22 on: Sep 24, 2017, 10:42 AM »
It seems that github link for translation was dead, or it is for me only?   /sob

Offline yC

« Reply #23 on: Sep 24, 2017, 01:39 PM »
Yes, it is taken down by DMCA a while ago because it contain some client exe or that kind of data.  What are you looking for?

Offline bumlife911

« Reply #24 on: Oct 03, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Before you start be sure to backup your Data folder, System folder and Data.ini before you copy and replace any files in your RO client folder.

The test servers are running on the latest rAthena, up to mid-October 2015 and shall get updated from time to time.

Regarding the pre-re server: It is pre-re as far as rAthena allows me (https://rathena.org/wiki/Category:Configuration#.2Fsrc.2Fconfig.2Frenewal.h).  All the renewal features are disabled on the pre-re server.  However, I leave in the 3rd job classes since I know some servers out there are running 3rd jobs with pre-re mechanics.  We don't have to handle any balance issue on a test server, so why not. 

For those of you who are interested in using the test server, here is the client download link:

http://depositfiles.com/files/hg7xvx94u
Mirror: https://www.sendspace.com/file/bd24rl

About the package content:

1. The client exe included to connect to the test server is 2014-10-22b.  It comes with only basic diff features, you may use the nemo-client-patcher to change/diff the client to the way you want it.  As adding more feature could generate alerts on certain anti-virus program (false positive to my knowledge), do it at your own risk.

I am not sure if other clients are allowed to connect, feel free to try if you wish.

2. There is a newprontera.grf because the chosen client exe does not support the default new Prontera in the latest kRO client.  Players going into Prontera will crash without the included .grf.  If you are confident that you will not step in Prontera ever (or use @go 0) you can remove that file from your RO folder and remove the line in your data.ini.  I will not make a lighter client without the grf to avoid people crashing and wonder why later.

3. Because the Renewal and Pre-Re test servers have to share the client files, the included data folder and System folder contain information for Renewal items and skills.  If you wish to see Pre-Renewal client side items and skills description, you may replace your the files provided here to those in the download package.

Known Problem:

So far I wish the buttons (open / close / logout etc) on the test servers to be in English but I haven't looked into replacing them.  I imagine taking something from iRO will fix that.  I will look into that later, or someone can share the solution here.

Hi, I am new here and I am looking for a test server.
What do i need on my end so your test server will work?
Do I need the kRO client?

What I have is the new ROPH client from EXE.

TIA!

Offline yC

« Reply #25 on: Oct 03, 2017, 01:06 PM »
bumlife911, you quoted the post so I assume you read it.  Most of the information is there, no need to repeat.  You can try with the PH RO client as the kRO client in the instruction but you should make a backup of the folder just in case.

Offline reckless

« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Up for this test server

Got Resource Error, after added Snake headgear-double attack
Using latest updated kRO files, no other servers etc, only your 2014-10-22bRagexe_patched.exe

Offline yC

« Reply #27 on: Oct 21, 2017, 04:00 PM »
If a specific item is giving you error, I could only recommend you to drop the item or @dropall.  Not all items in the server side database have a client side sprite / file entry even it is said to be official only.