RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: Test Server Info & Client Download [2015-11-06]  (Read 35831 times)

Offline yC

Test Server Info & Client Download [2015-11-06]
« on: Nov 06, 2015, 09:25 AM »
Before you start be sure to backup your Data folder, System folder and Data.ini before you copy and replace any files in your RO client folder.

The test servers are running on the latest rAthena, up to mid-October 2015 and shall get updated from time to time.

Regarding the pre-re server: It is pre-re as far as rAthena allows me (https://rathena.org/wiki/Category:Configuration#.2Fsrc.2Fconfig.2Frenewal.h).  All the renewal features are disabled on the pre-re server.  However, I leave in the 3rd job classes since I know some servers out there are running 3rd jobs with pre-re mechanics.  We don't have to handle any balance issue on a test server, so why not. 

For those of you who are interested in using the test server, here is the client download link:

http://depositfiles.com/files/hg7xvx94u
Mirror: https://www.sendspace.com/file/bd24rl

About the package content:

1. The client exe included to connect to the test server is 2014-10-22b.  It comes with only basic diff features, you may use the nemo-client-patcher to change/diff the client to the way you want it.  As adding more feature could generate alerts on certain anti-virus program (false positive to my knowledge), do it at your own risk.

I am not sure if other clients are allowed to connect, feel free to try if you wish.

2. There is a newprontera.grf because the chosen client exe does not support the default new Prontera in the latest kRO client.  Players going into Prontera will crash without the included .grf.  If you are confident that you will not step in Prontera ever (or use @go 0) you can remove that file from your RO folder and remove the line in your data.ini.  I will not make a lighter client without the grf to avoid people crashing and wonder why later.

3. Because the Renewal and Pre-Re test servers have to share the client files, the included data folder and System folder contain information for Renewal items and skills.  If you wish to see Pre-Renewal client side items and skills description, you may replace your the files provided here to those in the download package.

Known Problem:

So far I wish the buttons (open / close / logout etc) on the test servers to be in English but I haven't looked into replacing them.  I imagine taking something from iRO will fix that.  I will look into that later, or someone can share the solution here.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2016, 06:21 PM by yC »

Advertisement

Offline rheims

Re: Test Server Info & Client Download [2015-11-06]
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2015, 09:41 AM »
Thank you so much for this. Although (maybe precisely because?) I don't have too much time to play RO but still love this game, I missed the test server.
It's really awesome to have this  /no1

Offline scrollLock

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2015, 11:10 PM »
Thanks for this. But is it possible to add mirror links for the download, maybe on Mega.nz, mediafire, etc. These hosts doesn't slows down the download speed.

Thanks again!

edit: downloading at 30kbps/sec  /omg
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2015, 11:27 PM by scrollLock »

Offline heizzen

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Thank you!
How can I fix missing sprites errors?

Offline yC

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Thank you!
How can I fix missing sprites errors?

That would be a client side issue, I recommend you run the rsu patchers to update your client or download the latest available.

Offline shadowsword31

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2015, 04:49 AM »
I'm having trouble downloading the client. I follow the link on how to download the client, but after clicking on regular download it is no any indications that it is starting to download. Any help please? b /sob

Thanks guys, It work already.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2015, 04:55 AM by shadowsword31 »

Offline zefaweed

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2016, 12:50 PM »
how u fix that? exactly the same problem ive been through /wah

Offline adkop

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Hi, executing the client just loads the setup window over and over...any help?

Offline yC

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2016, 04:36 PM »
Maybe you are clicking on the setup.exe?

Offline adkop

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2016, 04:59 PM »
I'm clicking 2014-10-22bRagexe_patched.exe, it just loads the setup and that's it.... (hitting ok or cancel just loads it again)

I have tried two diferent kro downloads and no luck, my private server runs normally

Offline extrafree

« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2016, 01:09 PM »
I can't get into the game, when I click the clients it gave me system error  /sob
It said that aossdk.dll file is missing from my computer. Anybody have a solution?

Offline yC

« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2016, 08:04 PM »
aossdk.dll should be in your RO folder.  It is in the dll package of our kRO download links if you want to download it: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks

However, if you are missing that file you might not have a complete kRO client as well.  Read the download and installation instruction if you decide to download the whole client.

Offline extrafree

« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2016, 06:32 AM »
I've already tried with KRO client and it works just fine /no1
thanks!

Offline edycan777

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2016, 12:13 AM »
Hi all,

i just currently play this RMS test server

as what u posted how to change the korean to english language,

it seems that i am unable to open the link

can i get a new link for it please?

thank you in advance

Offline yC

« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2016, 04:23 PM »
There are already two sources, why is that you can't use them?

If you just need the english files you can get it directly from the git: https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation