RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: Test Server Info & Client Download [Updated 2012-09-30]  (Read 88282 times)

Offline yC

Couple of news regarding the test servers:

1.  Both of the test servers are wiped, I did put a notice in the login message about 24 hours ago.  I know it was a short notice but there is always the warning that the server will get wiped at any time.  I can't do much if you haven't save your work.  Simply test again ...

2.  Like before, the pre-renewal server is running a copy of the latest eAthena (http://www.eathena.ws/) and will continue to be updated this way from time to time.  Use the link to report bug to the eAthena project if you have to.

3.  The renewal server is now running a copy of rAthena (http://rathena.org/) and will continue to be updated this way from time to time.  It was running on 3ceam before today.  Use the link to report bug to the rAthena project if you have to.

4.  Here is a new download package for the newly updated servers.  The IP and ports stays the same as before, the data folder have some fixes as well a newer client exe is included.  This, from my experience, had fixed the character crash on login blackhole problem.

Download Mirrors:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1kyvds5m1nqmmbn

I believe I have set the commands mostly like before for the rAthena server.  There could be some commands disabled in certain maps due to map flag settings in rAthena.  I intend to keep some of the restrictions to keep the testing environment realistic.

As always, bring any problem to my attention.

Credits goes to Riotblade for updating and setting up the servers, also for creating a new client package.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2015, 02:34 AM by yC »

Advertisement

Offline a_w

Re: Test Server Info & Client Download [Updated 2012-06-20]
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2012, 11:42 PM »
lol. so that's why i keep having CHARACTER_INFO size error.  /heh

Offline yC

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2012, 12:40 AM »
Yesterday on the 3ceam server?  Shouldn't happen on the new client.

Offline genuine

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2012, 08:56 AM »
i cant play... i already download the latest update of RMS  /swt

Offline yC

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Did you use the data folder we provided?

Make sure you have data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º and a bunch of bmp in there with 3 folders.

Use winrar or 7z to extract the file, winzip gave me error when I try to zip it maybe it errors on unzip too.

Offline genuine

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2012, 09:22 AM »
yeah its working now but @cclor 4 = pallete error i wondered how can i fix this

Offline Smoke

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2012, 10:13 AM »
@genuine I dont see an rdata.grf in your folder. That might be why.

Offline a_w

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2012, 10:54 AM »
yeah its working now but @cclor 4 = pallete error i wondered how can i fix this

yup. same problem here. i noticed we have d new Port malaya map now. but i guess we ha to dl d client for d mob sprites. like bakunawa..  /hmm

Offline genuine

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2012, 11:02 AM »
i can play without rdata.grf. and i can play rms know but too many errors like renewal monster like 2318 (bangungot) monster and etc etc. .

Offline alifak1

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2012, 11:18 AM »
I can't connect, it says "Missing btn_del_res.bmp" and a lot of others bmp. Why isn't it included in the data package? my Ro is updated to 13.2, whenever I click on Ro it doesn't want to update more.

Many Thanks ^^

Offline a_w

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2012, 11:37 AM »
i had the same problem too. i had to manually download d missing files. but it works if u have kRO client.

Offline Triper

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 PM »
RMS test server is made with the idea that you're using kRO. If any of you are using another one like bRO, jRO, idRO, somepserveradaptedRO client that isn't kRO is normal to expect errors.

They may work in some parts but you will always have errors soon or later.

Offline yC

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2012, 04:01 PM »
We assume you have the most updated client files, because the severs will get updated from time to time.

You can follow the instruction here to download the latest client and patch it in case of error: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks

If you have a not so updated client, you should just stay on the pre-renewal server ...

About the @color 4, that is out of our control.  It's not an essential command, I can surely remove it.  Just went and changed my test char back to color 1 so the account is not destroyed lol.  Also did for the 3 other chars that has color 4 while I was there.

remove @color? no?

I can't connect, it says "Missing btn_del_res.bmp" and a lot of others bmp. Why isn't it included in the data package? my Ro is updated to 13.2, whenever I click on Ro it doesn't want to update more.

Many Thanks ^^

Check my reply to genuine on the 5th post.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2012, 04:07 PM by yC »

Offline Creme

« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:57 PM »
So I'm having the same issues as genuine and alifak1 are with the missing bmps upon login.  I have an up-to-date kRO, downloaded from your site about a year ago, and religiously updated regularly.  I just updated it today and it can't update anymore without traveling into the future to get patches (like alifak's situation).

I extracted the files with WinRar and double-checked that I had your data folder before running (the folder was there).  However, in your data folder, the missing bmps were not present, and since my RMS Test Server folder was downloaded straight from your download links, I'm wondering where I'm supposed to get these missing files.  I last played your Test server about two weeks ago (before the update) and it worked fine.  Now you update and I'm missing files?  Where am I supposed to find these bmp files without having to completely redownload data.grf (since mine is already up-to-date)?  And why aren't they included in the data folder you provided with the client update?
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2012, 08:27 PM by Creme »

Offline yC

« Reply #14 on: Jul 03, 2012, 08:32 PM »
I don't know how many computer will have problem extracting data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º maybe because of the name but there is no alternative to it.  If that could be your problem you should try 7zip.

I'll include a copy of the full content of À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º from http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Translation_Project/data/texture/ or you can grab whatever you want there.

All the interface files are in it: http://www.mediafire.com/?34r92k1oauf1vw1