RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: Homunculus  (Read 12144 times)

Offline Demian

Homunculus
« on: Jun 25, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Hello there.

I want to report some bugs about the homunculus matter...

First one: Homunculus level commands do not work. At all. they are not even recogniced as commands.

Second: Homunculus creation is bugged. If your homunculus dies, sometimes it simply disappears. If you create another one, the homunculus will be exactly the same as before, but with no skills and with the name of the new homunculus you created (EX: Lif but is your dead Flir.).
Also, the created homunculus is at 0 HP, cannot be moved, nor rested-healed-destroyed-deleted.
AND sometimes, the @makehomunculus command won't even create a homunculus. Will accept the command, but will not create the homunculus.

Please, attend to these matters.

Advertisement

Offline yC

Re: Homunculus
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:07 PM »
As stated there will be no support on the server.  The commands came with the eAthena package AS IS that means it is not our interest to modify any part of the code to satisfy players. 

If you need extra help with commands you are free to look into the eAthena command page here http://svn.eathena.ws/svn/ea/trunk/conf-tmpl/atcommand_athena.conf but you may not have access to all the commands listed in there.

Offline Demian

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:14 PM »
So basically any bug regarding the matter won't be fixed at all? Even if it IS an error?...
Wow, that's...lovely. ._. Really apreciated, the profesionalism I mean... ._.

Offline Rbread

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:19 PM »
You do realize that this isn't a private server right?  This is simply a test server that only benefits you.  It looks like you didn't READ before you joined.

http://play.ratemyserver.net/ragnarok/index.php

I suggest you read through that before attempting to think that this is actually a game server.

Offline Demian

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Oh, alright then. ^ ^

This server will only serve for testing purposes, which means you are not recommended to use this server to develop any type of long term character(s). However, testing builds, strategies, quests, drops, etc are welcome.

Would you care to explain how can I make strategies with a HOMUNCULUS and change STATUS, AND QUESTS when youa re telling me you are not going to repair the bugs that WON'T LET ME check the HOMUNCULUS STATUS? >_>
It is not a private server, SO? That means you can have inaccuarate bugs that won't let you check strategies nor the character builds you want to? Since WHEN? O_o

Also, Gungnir spear is BUGGED.
What if you want to do a character using GUNGNIR SPEAR and you have a test server in wich the spear is BUGGED?
"Oh, not our problem! It came broken, so use it broken!"...
That's SUCH a way to test a character with...Eh...Bugs?

Its not a PRivATE SErVEr, but a TEST serve. That gives even MORE reason to fix the bugs.
No, belive me, the homunculus won't be broken in all the servers, nor the Gungnir. I assure you such facts.

Offline Rbread

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I dont think you have read anything yet.  This is a test server based on LATEST eAthena SVN.  Every feature (including bugs) that they incorporate WILL BE included.

There is NO support for issues in-game. These are STOCK eAthena SVN builds. Bug reports, npc scripting errors etc are not to be reported on our forums. You may go to http://www.eathena.ws to report server bugs.

We simply use their builds, update and what not.  It's not OUR responsibility to fix their bugs.

Try using some logic next time.  While you're at it, I suggest that you read the rest of the rules.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2007, 04:38 PM by Riotblade »

Offline Demian

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:46 PM »
I readed them perfectly and I would care to think you would have enough profesional mind to THINK for yourself and see that it is not your responsability but "OH!" it WOULD HELP the people.
If it nothing that will give you profit, then WHY won't you do it FINE.
Those bugs will be fixed sooner or later, WHY can't you fix it now? Lazyness? Stubborness?

Or you simply do not know how?

Seriously, MY common sense? Yours dropped blow 0 if we are going for those facts.
If you don't know how to fix the bugs, SAY IT, and no one will ask. If you don't want to because you are lazy / you careless about the quality of the project SAY IT ASWELL.
DO not put excuses like it is nothing of your concern, because seriosuly, IT IS.

AS SAID; The bugs will be fixed later when they are applied, if you do it NOW, we all guess a simple truth;
IT WILL HELP Everyone Whom NEEDS TESTS >NOW<.
Is it SO hard to fix a minimal bug that you would do everything in the stubborness not to do it? ._.

Offline Rbread

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:53 PM »
*SIGH*.  Your relpy shows that you are not understanding.

There are no GM's on the server. However, we do have loyal players who will report any problems going on within the server. If we find out that you're plotting to spam every player on the server, you will be banned permanently. Likewise, if you're planning to nuke the United States, you will be handed over to the CIA.

If you still don't understand, there IS NO IN-GAME MANAGEMENT.  We simply put up THE LATEST SVN builds for people to test on.  If these bugs were to fixed, then it wouldn't be the latest and it'll be considered MODIFIED.

If you don't know how to fix the bugs, SAY IT, and no one will ask. If you don't want to because you are lazy / you careless about the quality of the project SAY IT ASWELL.

Me out of all people?  You gotta be kidding.

Offline Pancakes

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2007, 04:58 PM »
What Riot is trying to say is that the test server uses the latest SVN, and they won't fix any bugs because if they fixed any bugs, it wouldn't be the latest SVN anymore. It would simply be the servers own?

Offline Slaw

« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2007, 05:03 PM »
The problem at hand here is lack of understanding. Demian seems to miss the whole point of Riotblade's argument, being that the server in question has no ingame management, and therefore no bug fixing (Unless, of course, the emulator developers fix the bug and updates the SVN).

Riot, however, also manages to miss a very important point of this whole discussion. That is that Demian, due to his complete lack of common sense, and very poor knowledge of the English language cannot understand a simple answer such as "no in-game management", "no", or "shut the hell up".

Please, Demian, READ Riotblade's posts. He clearly states that there will be no bugfixes from his side. If you want the issue to be fixed, go to the server emulator's website, and talk to them about it. Yelling about it here like a loud moron will only make you look stupid.

Thank you.

Offline Demian

« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Alright, since aparently none of us is getting any point at all and we are just going to keep on the same on and another...
Lets leave it as it is.. Did got the point...No management at all.
Though I do not see were would've the problem of having it modified, but so be it. Will simply have to use it once a more suited server is found.

And Slaw, I do hope you will understand the matter then, bless me with your knowledge...Shut the hell up.

Offline Rbread

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2007, 05:07 PM »
Glad we came to an understanding.  Topic is being locked.