SliceRO

Started by Zelos, Mar 05, 2009, 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelos

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4987&itv=6&url_sname=SliceRO There forums and Website are down. There Admin has been gone for a few weeks now.

Edit: Sorry didn't post in Report Dead servers

Absolut Astray

Shaggy and myself are the admins on SliceRO and you're hearing this right from me. SliceRO is not dead, and our site/forums are not down, nor have they been down in a very long time.

Our owner, Shaggy, is on leave for an undisclosed amount of time, and while he is away, i am keeping the server in full working order. This topic is bogus, and i expect to hear a full explanation from you, Creed, as to why you made this topic in the first place.

You stated in your own 'im leaving' topic on our forums that you were going to stick around Slice a little longer, reporting our server as dead is certainly not the way you would go about being welcomed back.

Zone

Quote from: Absolut Astray on Mar 07, 2009, 01:53 AM
Shaggy and myself are the admins on SliceRO and you're hearing this right from me. SliceRO is not dead, and our site/forums are not down, nor have they been down in a very long time.

Our owner, Shaggy, is on leave for an undisclosed amount of time, and while he is away, i am keeping the server in full working order. This topic is bogus, and i expect to hear a full explanation from you, Creed, as to why you made this topic in the first place.

You stated in your own 'im leaving' topic on our forums that you were going to stick around Slice a little longer, reporting our server as dead is certainly not the way you would go about being welcomed back.
Hold your horses there kiddo.
I looked into this as well, your site was offline, your server was offline.
Don't try making s*** seem like he's trying to screw with you.
Now, whether or not the server was down for however long, I don't care.
I looked at it personally, I saw that it was offline.
If you don't want these kind of reports, get a better host for your site and server.

Absolut Astray

You looked into it, but did you check in on it on two separate dates? Obviously not.
Every server drops now and then, its a fact. But does a half hour or so of server downtime warrant a dead server report on RMS? I think not.

Was the tone i took with Creed a little harsh? Maybe so, but he knows me on a personal level just as i know him, and he knows i mean no disrespect by it. But regardless, you'd make a lier of yourself if you said you wouldnt have been just a little choked to hear from a GM of another server that your server had been reported dead from a member who had supposedly left said server 5 days ago, 3 days prior to them filing a dead server report.

I request this topic be closed and/or removed as it is evident that Slice is not dead, and this topic merely proves to harm our server.

Cielte

Quote from: Absolut Astray on Mar 07, 2009, 07:09 AM
You looked into it, but did you check in on it on two separate dates? Obviously not.
Every server drops now and then, its a fact. But does a half hour or so of server downtime warrant a dead server report on RMS? I think not.

Was the tone i took with Creed a little harsh? Maybe so, but he knows me on a personal level just as i know him, and he knows i mean no disrespect by it. But regardless, you'd make a lier of yourself if you said you wouldnt have been just a little choked to hear from a GM of another server that your server had been reported dead from a member who had supposedly left said server 5 days ago, 3 days prior to them filing a dead server report.

I request this topic be closed and/or removed as it is evident that Slice is not dead, and this topic merely proves to harm our server.

Stop assuming things. You admitted it yourself. You're an admin. Which means you would probably do anything to not get de-listed. As for your site? I checked it two days ago. For about 2-3 hours.

Opera : Could Not Connect To Remote Server(Meaning, time out, page not found) Think it's my browser?

Firefox : Time out
Internet Explorer : Page Cannot Be Displayed. I don't think it is.

And you can tell me why you act high and mighty with this.

Quotei expect to hear a full explanation from you, Creed, as to why you made this topic in the first place.

He doesn't owe you one. Just because he was a GM(?) doesn't mean. He can't leave, or report the server dead if it does go down alot.

Cheers.

Absolut Astray

QuoteYou're an admin. Which means you would probably do anything to not get de-listed.

This couldnt be further from the truth. Yes, i am an admin on Slice, but no, i wouldnt do anything to get the server de-listed, if there is a problem with the server, i request people point it out so i may have the issue fixed for them asap, but when there is obviously no problem aside from a little bit of unscheduled downtime and things are taken this far, its a little unorthodox, wouldnt you say? Besides, i have far better things to do with my time then partake in a pointless argument.

Creed and i have already sorted this out and discussed the miscommunication that took place. There is no reason for anyone to continue bashing our server around like you are.

If the site was down, it wasnt down for very long, as i have been on it every day for the past month and havent once had any issue connecting.

You so boldly pointed out my request for this topic to be closed and told me to stop assuming things because i said that slice is up and running. Go ahead, take a look at the main page. www.slicero.net
Look at the server status, its all up and running.

High and mighty? Don't mistake confidence for ego, friend.

Zelos

Yes Abs is right. The website and Forums were down for awhile,so I assumed that frantech had shut down Slice. As I went to check again,everything was up and running. My mistake. Slice is not dead. I'm requesting this topic be closed.

yC

website is up, fluxcp is up.

however, the cp link in the listing is 404.

locking this, server isn't dead.  thank you for your report.