RoseTea - Words You Can Trust™

Started by RoseTea, Jun 07, 2013, 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseTea

Hello, I am RoseTea, once a troll on these very forums many years ago as You/Patapon/Touchdown/Other Stupid Names, now a person who merely lurks, wrote a few, to approximately quote Cawliflower, "poorly-written bold text reviews" of servers we thought were somewhat bad, then moved on to do more exciting things with my life than play Ragnarok Online.

I now turn to you, offering my ability to write words.  Words on what?  I don't know, I'm just throwing myself out here.  I wrote an awful lot of words on reviews, maybe you can work somewhere with that.

I am a college student in the middle of absolutely nowhere worthwhile with far, far too much time on my hands and available throughout daylight hours and some nighttime hours of the western hemisphere. 

I have no coding, mapping, or spriting competence.  All I'm honestly capable of is blowing hot air and taking 500 words to say 50.  I know a bit of Spanish, I suppose, which may or may not be worth considering.

I have played Ragnarok Online since about the Abbey update.  This is longer than I feel comfortable with.  I have played on so many servers, good and bad, new and old, that I frankly don't care to list them and in some cases don't want to remember them.  I am very much a Ragnarok math nerd, but perhaps not as severe as Fruit Pie.  I have modest knowledge of Renewal mechanics.

Where could you place me?  Well, I suppose in the generic "Event/Support" column as the empty gesture of a staff position that doesn't really do much of value.  If I'm more for a moderator/enforcement role, I know a thing or two about quality posting (certainly not from my own, mind you) and would run a tight ship on a forum.  If you have something more clever in mind that hopefully involves me writing tons and tons of pointless s***, so much the better.

Based on what I just wrote, there's really no reason to hire me over anyone else.  You can be assured, that these, and the ones I would write in your employment, are Words You Can Trust™.

Axiom

Chu! Ragnarok Online - Your world, your way.

RoseTea

I've dabbled in fiction, but if I had to write fiction for money I have no doubts that I'd starve to death.  You'd think someone trying to major in English would have a little more confidence in themselves, but I know my lack of effort in that department makes that one of my weaker fields. But if Twilight can succeed in this world, what can't?

At least in terms of RO, I know enough about the somewhat-loose, surprisingly-grim lore that I could kick a piece off from there.

yC

Your contact information and available form of contact ... should be included when posting or applying for a job.

RoseTea

The forums have private messages.  If I don't leave any contact info, I'm sure people will be clever enough to figure out PMing me will work just fine.

Or so I thought.

Edit: I guess to especially spell things out in case it isn't obvious: PM me here, I don't do most any instant messaging, and any email I'd make is moot since it'd be a disposable one.