NeuRO in need of Support Staff!

Started by Laevateinnxx, Aug 21, 2011, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laevateinnxx

NeuRO is a growing server with a 378 player peak and 200+ constantly on.

http://neu-ro.net/?module=features

We have a professional GM team and are looking for more professional staff to add to our arsenal.
Unfortunately, most of us will be busy with the school year coming up and all, so we need people who can be on during the day on weekdays. International with fluent English would be perfect.

Post your own application, we'd like to see what you come up with, not a spoonfed application, so be creative. We don't need event or anything else just Support. Post the application in this forum.

bizkit06

List of Servers You Have Worked For:

-DernajRO,Chief GM
           -RamenRO, SupportGM
           -UpRO, Police GM
           -ShadowlightRO, CommunityGM.
           -Several other servers but part time. (Long time ago can't remember the name :/)

Reasons For Leaving Past Servers:
           -Server being closed

-Paul

Nationality:
           -Filipino

Language(s) you speak:
           -English,Filipino,French(Still studying) :)

Availability:
           - 6-10 hours a day.

Skills you can offer

-Teamwork and communication skills
           -Completion of work in a timely manner
           -Contribution of ideas and constructive criticism

My Ragnarok Experiences:
           -6 years Ragnarok online experience
           -Played variety low, medium, and high rate servers
           -iRO experience

What I will do if I become one of the Staff:
           -Become an active member of the server and forums
           -Contribute ideas to the server
           -Follow directions and work within deadlines

What I want to achieve if I become one of the Staff:
           -To achieve a greater knowledge in RO..
           -To be a productive member of the community
           -To gain respect from fellow staff and peers

Contact me here:

[email protected]

[email protected].

AmplifieD

About me :D
Hello, my name is Adam Parr, I'm 18 year's old and i live in Sunny ol' England,
I've been playing Ragnarok since around 2004-2005, and had plenty of experience.
I first started playing Low rate and mid rate servers, until i discovered a taste for Super high rates,
but then would usually go back to playing a low rate after a while,

My past experiences?
I've was a GM/Forum Mod at DivinationRO for around 7 months, Admin at AnimeRO however it was recently closed
until further notice (due to an attack)  and Head GM at BlitzRO for 2 years (now a deceased server)
and finally owner of my own servers, including Dynasty RO which is a super high rate server,

Why do i want to join your team?
One thing i've never been a GM on is a server with low rates,
and i'm hoping to get that experience, with a server likes your own

What qualities i posses?
I'm a Calm & Friendly person 9 times out of 10, unless really pushed to the limit,
when dealing with any form of abuse, i do so firmly, and as needed.
I've got a lot of knowledge of RO and technical issues common in RO.

How to contact me?
either via [email protected] (email or msn)
or via my forum, www.dynastyro.co.nr/forum/ user - Akunja

Laevateinnxx

Keep in mind I would like to see something unique in your application, something every applicant has done. Not a cookie-cutter application.

ChocoMoco

We already stated we do not need Event GMs, please do not post it, it will be ignored.
Events is not something unique as like scripting / designing. Please keep in mind. Thanks.
Chocomoco GFX coming back soon!
Chocomoco GFX Thread  Website
Spoiler

Rulebreakers do not deserve any respect and deserve to be publicly humiliated for the deed they have done... Its a shame to see Ragnarok die because of players, who have nothing better to do than break rules...
[close]

AmplifieD

Sorry, i was in quite a rush to get out yesterday, i'll be editing my app now, Just copied it from a previous one that i applied for, so that you could get a general look, at my experiances etc

Rekaro

No cookie-cutting, stay original. Got it. ;_;

My name's Jack Lock, I haven't yet played the server but have noticed how attractive it looks on the website and would like to help it out. I'm 17 years old from Wales/UK (GMT +1) and speak two languages fluently; First is English, second is Welsh.

I've only had one past experience as a GM which lasted for approximately 11/2 years so I'll admit I'm not all that qualified experience-wise. The server I GM'd for was "RebelRO", my main duties were Event/Support (although I often offered to help or was asked to help with scripting).

I've been playing RO for 7-8 years now making my knowledge of the game very extensive.
Although I don't really mind which position I'd be given, between scripting/event/support, I prefer to script, so the position I'd be applying for is scripting (my scripting skills are still at a novice level but there's a fair share I can do, and of course I'll learn more as I go along). If you'd prefer me to be a support GM over a scripter, I'd still happily accept.

As a GM I tend to do more than is asked for me, meaning that even if I was given the position of scripter or support, I'd still do events sometimes because it's a fun way to pass the time and keep people happy.

I could get online for the most part of every day (7-8+ hours) depending on whether or not I've gone out.

Contact details: [email protected]

Well now, I hope that wasn't too much of a "spoonfed" application. D:

Edit* Online Peak: 391 Players (8/23/11) - You lie!

Secret Duckie

We should probably mention, though, that we aren't really in need of a scripter or a spriter, because we already have those. We're looking for support, but someone special who will fit in with us well. ;D <3

Laevateinnxx

Yes, as Duckie and Choco said, we are NOT in need of anything else but support, we already are filled with hard at work graphics, and coding teams.

Neblim

Hello NeuRO Staff,
Please take a look at my resume.

Regards,
Neblim

Neblim

Edit: Short post is too short.
(Delete please)

HellSpawn

If yout still looking consider my resume

Usagimimi

To clarify: during the day EST? What hours are those exactly? 09:00-16:00?

Secret Duckie

HellSpawn, could you please link to your resume?

We are definitely still looking for more people. c:

And I'm sorry, Yusifer, I'm not sure what you're asking?

Usagimimi

Quote from: Secret Duckie on Aug 30, 2011, 09:56 PM
HellSpawn, could you please link to your resume?

We are definitely still looking for more people. c:

And I'm sorry, Yusifer, I'm not sure what you're asking?

The original post asks for online time during the day, but the "day" of what timezone?

HellSpawn

Laevateinnxx

@Yusifer: CST

@HellSpawn: Re-post please as Duckie said, with a more unique application. Read the original post if you need more info.

Secret Duckie

Quote from: Yusifer on Aug 30, 2011, 11:52 PM
The original post asks for online time during the day, but the "day" of what timezone?

Honestly, we're looking for pretty much all timezones. As it stands, most of us are available in the evening of CST and EST timezones. So daytime for us, or overnight would also be helpful. Honestly just having more people is what we need!

Secret Duckie

I'd like to add that Laevateinn needs to update the first post. We now have a peak of 481, and have a constant of around 410+.

BIOSOR

Rekaro

Quote from: Secret Duckie on Sep 02, 2011, 10:41 PM
I'd like to add that Laevateinn needs to update the first post. We now have a peak of 481, and have a constant of around 410+.
Quote from: Neu-ROOnline Peak: 520 Players (9/4/11)
Lol the server peak gets higher almost every week doesn't it.

Secret Duckie

Hahaha yeah. Every couple days we get a higher and higher peak. It's amazing how quickly the server is growing! Today we peaked at 541!

Secret Duckie

We aren't hiring for event GM's, bnonymous. Did you read the first post? O:

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Secret Duckie on Sep 09, 2011, 12:21 PM
We aren't hiring for event GM's, bnonymous. Did you read the first post? O:

Most people dont read the first post, they just copy and paste a resume, sadly . Lets you weed out who cares and who doesn't ;D

MistressPyro

Name: I tend to go by Pyro. Once I get to know you personally I am not adverse to giving out my real info.

Position Applying for: Support GM

Previous experience: Er. . . I worked with a couple of teams but the servers never got put up. So honestly, I don't really have any.

Availability: Well, I am online too much. I can be online whenever you need me on a pretty much all day basis. I would say 40+ hours a week including weekends~

About me?: I have no idea if you are looking for any information like this but here goes. I am laid back and friendly, I am usually pretty hyperactive and happy kinda person. I have been playing a low rate server for the last 6 years and would like to think I have decent knowledge of how things are done. I am dedicated and LOYAL, something you don't see to often now a days. I have some experience in graphic design as well. If you would like a link to my work I have a horribly outdated deviantart but I have uploaded tons of newer stuffs. What can I say, I am totally a people person~

How to contact me: Just shoot me a PM here on this forum and I will reply and give my msn if its needed. I have skype, aim, and yahoo. I usually keep all of them up at one time. >_> I am not a fan of trillian. <3~

Frost

Name: Frost

Position Applying: Support GM or Event(If Available)

Currently residing:
United States of AMERICA

Time Zone: Pacific Standard

Bringing to the Table: Mostly bacon, some ham, and Cake.

What I can do:
I'm a bit of a Jack of all trades, but I prefer to be a support and answer questions, play nice with players. Get to know them and stuff. I usually play nice with the staff unless they have a Pole shoved up their butts, Those are usually the ones I try to avoid since their life is bleak and serious, something that is quite useful in the business industry, but not on a game server. Then again you can argue the RO server is like a Business industry, but then I would question why you would waste your time on such Low Long term net profits when you could go for other things that benefit you much more money-wise.
Anyways back on track, I study a bit of everything throughout my time here at RO, My dream was to run my ideal server, but as you can see it's much more difficult assembling a group of people who share the same ideals and are willing to work for free. My main field of Expertise is mapping, but I suppose anyone with browedit these days can claim they are a mapper. But my works tend to Break the boundaries set by gravity's pre-determined models if you know what I mean. If you don't feel free to ask, I'm willing to drop more clues and hints as to the answer to my riddle.

My personality is Always professional, if you want vouchers I can get some, but what you read here is the real me. I don't put on a Mask of Professionalism to fake my way into a team and then go berserk. The Humor, the honesty, the proper spelling and grammatically correct sentences are all the one-deal package. Though I may start to Lose the Grammar and spelling part when I stay up late.
But other than that, I'm pretty tolerate against players. I have met the Lowest form of life in the bottom of the cesspool of the community and I've taken care of them in the most professional manner possible.

Why Should you hire me?:

-Shrug- idk, Hire me, don't hire me, I'm just doing this because I love player interaction and I feel this is another way to kill time. True there are many other contenders here, but let facts speak for themselves, I can be more useful then just a simple Support GM to you. I feel to classify one self as a GM, they must have specific knowledge and attributes to contribute to the server other than typing words and opinion. After all, The title of Game-Master doesn't mean your simply the master of the game because you can type words. My words may seem one-sided and Blunt, but when it comes down to it, the real useful Game masters are the ones you go to when problem Arises and you need help to fix it.

Experience:

I've Worked for A LOT of servers, some that never stayed long enough to make a name for themselves, while others already made a name for themselves while I came along for the ride. I've seen server Fall, I've seen Server rise, I've seen stupidity at it's pinnacle when a Admin is corrupted by greedy, and I've seen brilliance at it's greatest when an admin developes a new system for RO. Reading this may make it seem like I'm an old man, but I've just been fascinated by RO for so long at a very young age.

Comments:
Well I don't know what else I can include, usually applying for a support position doesn't require much proof besides honesty, and evidence showing you are professionally fluent in English. I can provide images of my works, but then again I'm just applying for a Support position, so i don't think that may help. My reason for applying? Isn't it Obvious or shall I expose the little shame everyone here is also trying to "hide"? Most application reasons are because your server is growing and people are attracted to that. More players = more people to worship your divine power as you step onto the city pavement in your Jesus white robes (trumpet play), hence Event GM applications and other position that aren't even requested in the first place. My reason? Yeah, one of the reasons is that I enjoy some social interaction when killing time and your server has the amount of people needed. 
Also, what better proof do you need than this wall of text right here? I've pretty much kept you busy all this time without me having to talk to you one on one and your still here to read to the end! See how awesome I am? Yeah pick me!
But yeah if your interested in me Call me at 702-555-HAWT (girls only).
Also if your interested in hiring me for your server you can contact me Below

Oh look! Something to occupy myself while I leave you alone to your own stupidity!

Namida

Name: Akira. (Not my real name but it will be disclosed once i am familiar with you)

Timezone: GMT+ 8

Any experience?: To be honest, no.

Languages Spoken: Pretty understandable English
                                 Malay

About Me:

I am mature and I hardly let things get to me. I am good at giving advice and at the same time building a wall between me and the person I am conversing to, to ensure that nothing personal will occur. I do not mix work with play. There is a time when I have to be serious and a time to joke around , that much I am sure of.

I hate favoritism, that speaks for itself.

I easily adapt to changes and also, if given the opportunity, I am very quick to take up skills. I do not jump headfirst to any kind of situation but instead I will analyse it thoroughly before proceeding with what I think is best for that current situation.
Other than that, I easily interact with players and do not mind huge amounts of questions being bombarded at me. If I can answer it, I will, if I can't, I'll apologize and would probably try my hardest to find the answer for them. I am not a pushover either. I handle my emotions well so I do not usually rage or anything like that. If I ever did, it would be out of RO.

Also, I am a very, very secretive person and detests sharing any form of secrets. Unless if it involves the welfare of the entire server.
And I am immune to corruption. I scoff at it.
I also enjoy the company of people, which I suspect GMs have abundance of. I am easy to talk to and can restrain myself when speaking. Speak only what have to be spoken, not what is wanted to be heard.
I am pretty acceptable to many different things which will result in many conversation starters with me. Though of course, I will make it firm if they cross the line.

Oh and I draw (lols).

Why you should Hire me?
To be honest, I am pretty sure there are others who are exactly like me. Mature, professional and level headed. But there are times when people just, snap or give in to temptations. Yes I am human, I do snap and give in to temptations, but all these will be done out of RO. No matter how 'close' whichever player is to me, I would not share any kind of secrets or feelings that would be used against me. I have seen so many GMs in my playing experience who would do that and in the end fall thanks to that. I am also friendly and active, so there is ready branch for the players to reach to when needed.

Availability:
Evening to Early Morning - During School Periods
Early Morning to Late Night - School Holidays.

Reason as to why I am applying?

No. Not the fame. I could care less for the fame really.
I naturally enjoy giving a peace of mind to people. Be it a question answered or helping someone, it gives me that sliver of joy every time. I have tried many things. Being a Guild leader only reaches out to those who are in my guild, which is limited. And each and passing day, I have heard many questions left unanswered due to unavailable GMs, leaving the players lost. If I try to offer a hand, they roughly smack my hand away thanks to me being 'insignificant'.
So with being a Support GM, I could reach out to a number of people. I could be that 'available outlet' for the players to throw questions at and to rage at even *I am hardly affected by rage, i find it quite amusing really*. 

Contact: PMing here would suffice, I check this forum daily for new updates.

Aurora™

Just out of curiosity, would you be willing to hire a duo?

laklaker

I hope i can apply as support staff  ::). Just check my application below  :-*

umu123

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/recruitment/%28application%29-umu-resume/

•RO experience: Active PVP/WOE/MVP ++
•Languages: English / Tagalog
•How long you've played: 5 Years ++
•How long you can be on for: 2 hours ++
•Previous GM positions with server names: None just Helper @ MyRO
•Timezone: GMT+8
•About yourself: humble,active ingame support
•Why you want to be a GM: i want to experience being a gm, ever since i played RO, never been GM once, i want to be a good active gm :)

sacredheart

Full name

Leomar Jane

GM Name

GM Z y e

Positions desired

Technical Support / Support GM

Contact information

YM: [email protected]

Languages spoken

English
    Tagalog (native)

Age and/or Date of birth

Born: 31. October

Nationality (optional)

Filipino

Education (optional)

Cavite State University - Bacoor Campus
    Course BS-HRM
    3rd yr undergraduate

Hobbies and Interests (optional)

Playing Ragnarok Private Server
    DOTA
    Killing my PC

Experiences

working at FrozengladeRO, a Event GM
    Technical Support/Event GM @ ExceedRO
    Event GM/Advertiser/Technical Support @ MiniRO
    Event GM/Technical Support @ TensionRO

Availbility

weekdays: 12 hours (between 6pm and 11pm)
weekends: 12 hours (past 4pm)
holidays: 12 hours (I'm always there)

Additional

Why do you want to be a GM?

I want to be GM because I believe I am fit for the job and would be perfect Technical Support / Support Gm.
Also because NeuRO is the best server around.

What do you think would make you a good GM?

I think a good gm should be online very often so he can catch up with things and get to know the player. Also someone who ask knowledge about the game and knows the gm commands. Good Computer so it won't crash during event or if in the middle of doing something important with the server. A gm should be friendly to the players who are playing the game and should never ever curse at any time. A gm should not be corrupted .
someone who has very good vocabulary and spelling for example you should not spell like 'lke dis' you should spell in a orderly manner. One of the most important ones is be loyal always. A gm should be mature in some way but could also have fun and let go sometimes but in a serious situation they should be serious. A gm should be very patient with players no matter what the situation. A gm should have common sense and should
and the ability to make logical fair judgment based on the evidence provided. Also a gm should know at least a little bit about gaming mechanic so he could help out the Admin if he ever needs help with the server. Those are the traits a Gm should have and if I am selected will have.

Oriau

First off I would like to say that I probably won't have as much time as everyone else as I can only be on-line about 3-4 mornings (GMT+0) for approximately 2 hours each day every week. So I would totally understand if you would consider other peoples application before mine. Having said that I would definitely make sure that if I ever get accepted I would spend those valuable hours helping players in anyway that I can.

Due to personal reasons (which I am willing to discuss with the Admin(s)) I wouldn't state my name on this application. I am 21 years old almost 22 female living in England, UK. I am of Asian descent but I consider myself more as English.I am currently studying at University and working part time. I speak both Filipino and English fluently and could understand some basic German words.

Why apply if you are already too busy?
I never really think of being a GM as a chore or a job. I find it more of a challenge. A challenge for me to learn how to manage my time wisely. Also helping people whether it is just on-line makes me feel good.

RO Background
I have been part of the Ragnarok Online Community for about 7 years now. And have been both a Support and Event GM in two different servers. I wouldn't necessarily say that I know everything about RO because that would be plain stupid. All I could say is that I know enough, enough to be able to help others, especially those who are just starting to get into grips with Ragnarok mechanics. I have also played with some organized guilds in the past mostly for War of Emperium and have learnt a lot which I could then apply if ever I get hired as a Support Staff. I am also slightly familiar with most of the GM commands (although a support staff probably won't have much authority).

Useful Traits
First and foremost I am a perfectionist. I would also say that I am a very good team player. Although I love being the one to know the correct answer or to find out the solution, I also know how to take other peoples suggestions and opinions into consideration as this is important in a very special process called learning  :). I learn very fast (at least that's what my boss at work says). Finally, I am not expecting anything in return. The satisfaction of helping others and getting myself through a challenge is more than enough.

PS: I could also help moderate forums.

If you have anymore queries please feel free to contact me via MSN:[email protected] I look forward to hearing from you. CHEERS!

spade29

Hello NeuRO,

Greetings!

I modify this message cause I already sent one.

Thanks,
Al