remove pls

Started by ElariaRO, Apr 25, 2015, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElariaRO

remove please, thanks

ElariaRO

Updated & still looking for new team member! Make sure to apply if you're skilled enough (:

ElariaRO

ProtocolXD

Peanut

ElariaRO

UPDATED: Only looking for Event Game Master and maybe a Scripter for storyline based scripts!

Axiom

Hi! If the spot's still open, I'm absolutely down for helping out as scripter. I'm afraid I don't have a resume available elsewhere, so I'll put one on here.

I'm Ryan, 27 and a junior game developer by profession based in the Philippines. I've been with the RO community on and off since iRO was in beta, and went by the handles Ryie, Axiom, and Sergeant Pepper on several different private servers.

As far as staff experience goes, I've GMed in large servers before and owned/developed two of my own: Cerulean Sky and Chu! RO. You can find a gameplay vid of Chu! here. I'm afraid that's all I could find of them that survived. Both servers were very short lived, only lasting a little over a year each, but on both attempts we peaked at 200 and topped RMS's midrate server rankings, trumping servers of much larger playerbases. I think that's pretty noteworthy?

I'm applying as staff now instead of putting my own place up for two reasons:

• I've graduated university and got a job since the last time I've put up a server. This unfortunately bites into a lot of my time, so I can no longer take on all the duties required of an administrator/owner.
  • When I set out to make my servers, my intent was to create original playable storylines for the community to immerse themselves in. I've always been a fan of JRPGs, and I reckon it was time to put the 'RPG' back in RO's MMORPG. This was extremely difficult to do when I had to juggle player concerns and bugs in the emulator itself. Removing these distractions allows me to do what it is I originally wanted to do.

To summarize, I think you should hire me for the following reasons:
  • I like to write stories: I can also mostly code said stories.
  • I'm experienced:
I've run two private servers with exclusive content made by myself that were very well-received by my players. I've also GMed a couple of pretty big servers, I guess.
  • I do not like RO: ... Or I don't enjoy RO nearly as much as I enjoy creating content for it. I very much enjoy interacting with the community, but I don't think I've actually enjoyed playing RO as a game in a very long time. That may sound negative to some people, but you could look at it this way: I'm the least likely to upset the players by mucking around in PVP/WOE/whatever. The worst I imagine I'd do is blow up the server with a broken script, or something.

... And for the record, you should not hire me for the following:
  • Babysitting: I'm not going to lie and say I can commit the time to be in-game regularly enough to run events for people or police the server. I don't. I can and sometimes might even enjoy doing it, but that's not what I'm signing on for.
  • Tech Fixes: I'm of course, ready to lend a hand whenever, but fixing skill bugs or client/server bugs isn't really something I'm interested in doing.

That's about it. I've also found a backup of the scripts of my old server, so you can check them out if you want. Hope to hear from you soon![/list]

Chu! Ragnarok Online - Your world, your way.

Decist

Yelirar

Don't think so, they seem pretty vanished. Think they let the server die again, before it even started.

ElariaRO

We are not looking for staff anymore at this state. Our team is complete :)

Quote from: Yelirar on Aug 19, 2015, 06:01 AM
Don't think so, they seem pretty vanished. Think they let the server die again, before it even started.
^False.
I did un-publish the FB page because people were pressuring me to release the server in a state I don't wanted to release it, that however doesn't mean the project is dropped.
We are working on things. ElariaRO will come back when I think it's ready to come back.