Name : Ezequiel Ramos (Izzy for short)
Gender : Male
Age : 25
Server Preferences: Although I can moderate on any rate server, I prefer a Mid-High Rate Server, at least higher than the max levels of 99/70. I don't hate those servers, I just like the higher level caps because I feel the PVP is more interesting at these rates. I'm an avid fan of the Disgaea series, so I might have been spoiled from seeing the absurdly high numbers like in those games. Also, I would prefer Pre-Renewal, however I don't mind moderating for a Renewal server. I don't know too much about Renewal, so I don't know how effective I'll be. From my experiences, it seems to be the same, with minor changes to formulas and such.
How long have you played Ragnarok?
- I've played iRO from 2002-2004. I then moved onto a Private Server from 2004-2009. This is where I've gained the bulk of the knowledge of the game, such as builds, items, cards, formulas, areas, bosses, etc... When the Private Server that I habited closed down nearing the end of 2009, I joined a friend's server from 2009-2011. It was then closed down because the owner had health problems and couldn't maintain the server. I made my own Private Server in 2011 before going on hiatus in 2013. I started recently playing a month ago, gathering my bearings and getting a refresher course with myself and a few friends.
Why do you want to become a GM?
- I've played Ragnarok extensively for over 12 years, and I have learned so much about the game, inside and out, ranging from things such as ideal maps to level up, PVP and PVE builds, to GM responsibilities such as using commands with moderation, helping players, making judgement calls in regards to punishment, knowing when to intervene. My experience is flexible in several areas, excluding the more network and script savvy side of the game. Because I was younger then, I wasn't too interested in it, and so I never garnered an interest then. Because I work in Unity for game design, often times it requires that I script. Perhaps in the future I can use that knowledge and apply it in this server, should such a need arise, I would be prepared.
Previous GM Experience
How long have you been a GM on other servers for?
- I have been a GM for about 5 years, from 2009-2011 on my friend's private server, KazuoRO, and then from 2011-2013 on my own private server, ItadakimasuRO.
What was your reason for leaving?
- I felt school was more important than moderating the game. I wanted to make sure that my grades were top-notch and that I wouldn't have to worry about it since I would be on top of it. I never really quit the game, however I did take a break from it because I didn't want to feel burnt out, especially in a game as exceptionally well-made and mechanically challenging as Ragnarok Online. One of the greatest appeals that I fell for was the way formulas work. It encouraged players to really look at their builds and understand what they can do to improve it, because the formulas would be visible in-game, which doesn't happen too often, especially in modern games like Tree of Savior, a game that was declared the "spiritual successor" to Ragnarok Online. Knowing that, I took a break, and got back on it when I felt I was up for it.
What areas do you have experience in? (Event/Support/Police/etc)
- Support and Policing are things I have a good amount of experience in. I was a Support and Police in the Servers I was a GM in. Outside of Ragnarok, I was a Minecraft Admin for a server named Lichcraft for about 4 years before retiring. The reason why I bring up Minecraft is because I wanted to emphasize that I have experience in interacting with all kinds of players, and I have seen all kinds of personalities. I feel this is the kind of experience that would be valuable in a server where the key is to make sure that everyone who comes, stays and enjoys it. Players want to feel like they're being listened to and protected by people who can deal with annoyances or problems reliably, and I am confident I can do so.
Do you have any examples of your work? (Scripting/Spriting/Mapping etc) : N/A
Currently we have no defined roles in our team, but if you were to focus on an area, what would it be? (Forum Mod/Support/Event/Developer/etc)
- I would like to fill a Moderation/Event role. Often times I see people being harassed for one reason or another, and no staff being online at the time to take care of the issue. Ultimately we're all here to have fun and play a game we've enjoyed for so long, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be bullies online. I understand there is competitive banter, and I've experienced it, but even then there are people who just don't appreciate it.
You can contact me on Skype - izzay1991
Or you can contact me on Discord - Rokon#9076
Thank you for your time.