[Application] Let's dominate.

Started by Hubert, Apr 15, 2014, 11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubert

What's up? I'm going to post this here for future reference. I don't expect anyone to take any of what I'm going to post here as truth, but that's their problem and not mine now isn't it?

Intro:
Alright, so you're lacking a bit in the personnel department are you? Needing a hired gun to help you out during a tough time? Do you want to start a new server but simply don't have the man power to make it a reality? Are you just not that good at this but you have some good ideas and a bold vision for a server? If you've answered yes to any of these, then I'm your guy.

Current Status: Available

Stats:
Nationality: United States.
Languages spoken: English.

Qualifications:
+ 13 years of Ragnarok Online experience.
+ 12 years of Private Server experience.
+ 120 word per minute typing speed with a 98% accuracy rate.
+ A full understanding of server software (eAthena/rAthena/Aegis) [Do people even use Aegis anymore?].
+ Proficiency in scripts. [NPCs, automated scripts and so on and so forth]
+ A full understanding of the Ragnarok Online game client and it's dependencies.
+ An insane drive to make everything perfect - I don't stop until we get to where we need to be.
+ Creativity - I can develop new and original events as well as quests.
+ I'll be loyal to you, so long as you're loyal to me.
+ I'll show respect to you if you return that respect to me.
+ Adaptability - I can fit various roles as needed.
+ Availability - My day job has me working at a computer so I can be reached more often than not.
+ Knowledge of commonly used forum software (SMF, vBulletin, IPB)
+ I can and will mentor any new GMs that you may wish to bring on board at a later date.
+ An expansive knowledge of Ragnarok Online.
+ I'm a writer as a side hobby. As such, I can write any information pages that you'll want to use for your server's website and/or forum and they'll be original works. I don't believe in looking for a similar server just to copy/paste their documents.

Why you might not want to hire me:
- I'm arrogant, but I back up my arrogance so that might not be bad to some people.
- I'm brutally honest. If your feelings get hurt easily, that might be a problem.
- I will leave your team if you violate our terms of our contract.
- I expect people to do their job. I will leave if your GM team doesn't even try to do their job.
- I will leave your team if I feel that you're not serious about your server and/or you have character issues.
- I'm a big enough jerk to tell you why you shouldn't hire me.
- I don't speak verbally that much. I feel that I can express myself better through the typed or written word.

Past server experience in no particular order:
[ZenRO] - Co-Owner/Administrator/Developer
[YawgRO] - Administrator/Developer
[WWRO] - Game Master
[OriginRO] (NOT OriginsRO) - Administrator/Developer
[MikeRO] - Administrator
[FableRO] - Game Master
There's more, but I really can't remember the names.

A little bit more about me:

I started playing Ragnarok when I was 15 years old. It seems like an eternity ago really. I look around the landscape of private servers and see so many that have promise, but lack the necessary staff to see that promise blossom. I can be extremely kind and attentive, but I won't hesitate to say exactly what's on my mind. That's caused me to resign from a server or two. I try to be patient and understanding with people, but there are things that I just can't forgive. I really like to join a server and get to know the community as well as solve as many of their problems as I possibly can. There's something that's extremely rewarding to me about seeing a lot of happy people be able to enjoy a timeless game like this. I can't really describe the words for how it makes me feel other than saying I become content. I'm a passionate person, dedicated and a perfectionist. I never stop working on something because I always find a flaw in it or see a way to make it better. I love to get the pulse of the people, and make their concerns about a server my own. I want to share in their burden, and do everything in my power to ease that burden. People join a server, they work hard to get what they have on it. They elect to spend some of their, or in some cases, all of their spare time with us. It breaks my heart when we're unable to resolve someone's technical issues, when there's an issue with a server that we struggle to fix and when as a result of those kinds of things, someone leaves us a bad review on this very website. I want to make everyone that joins our server happy, by any means that I possibly can. I only wish to provide them with a stable, secure and just flat out fun place to play. And starting out, that's what we all wanted...is it not?

Preferences
1 - I'd prefer to work for a low or mid rate server, but I'll consider taking a high or super high rate server job in some situations.
2 - I'd prefer to be either a scripter, developer or an administrator but I'll consider accepting a lower position if I feel that the server has enough potential to grow, and I feel that I'll have room to advance my own position.
3 - I want to work with a team that's coordinated. I want us all to be on the same page and have the same vision for our server.
4 - I'm fine with working on a server that has donation only items and custom items, but I don't want to join one that has 9000 silly looking sets of wings or something similar.
5 - I'd prefer to work for a Pre-Renewal server but a Renewal server is by no means a dealbreaker.

Do contact me if you wish to:
1 - Contract me to work for your server.
2 - Knew me at some point and those server names ring a bell, although most of those are ancient so I'm not betting on that.
3 - Request further information or wish to set up an interview prior to considering me for a position on your team.

Don't contact me if:
1 - You're not serious about your server. I don't want to work for someone who's half a**ing it.
2 - Your server isn't based in the United States or Canada. Europe may be considered.
3 - You're planning to set up a money drain server. Not only will I leave once I find out, I will expose you to your players.
4 - You're unwilling to consult with me on various issues regarding your server. I don't want to be left on an island and I will seek for and expect your input and insight on any particular issue. I'll also want you to listen to mine.
5 - You can't speak English at an at least reasonably understandable rate.
6 - You want to hate. Because haters gon hate.

Drop me a line via email [[email protected]] if you have any questions or want to negotiate a contract. I do all of my work for free, so my contracts are ones of principle. It's a quirk, deal with it.

I make no promises that if you inquire about my services that I'll accept. I will however at least listen to what you have to say. On my own time, my associates and I feel as though we're better off playing Pangya for the time being, so we've stopped server hunting. I still however feel that I have plenty of talent and heart to offer to a server that needs it. I believe that if you add me to your team, so long as you abide by the terms of our contract, we can dominate whatever rate market we're in.

So let's do it. Let's make a wonderful and enjoyable for all that come server. Together. Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I know it was on the TL;DR side.

Violentro

Emailed you.
Please check if you like to cooperate with us?

Azul

Id be interested in working with you, I have a international based server, and would like to hear some of your ideas. Ill pm you once I get to the house. Http://yumi-ro.com is the server name, so you can check us out in the mean time.

yumi-ro.com ~ Accepting GM Applications

Fluppy

I sent you a message, I may be interested depending on the reply.