ZealRO corruption

Started by Ariasqt, Feb 15, 2015, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariasqt

Hello my fellow RO players,
in the past 4 months I've been playing on the RO server ZealRO, which is/was owned by the former Admin of AvidRO and met its same fate.

First of all I'm not a hater I'll try to be fair in every way possible.

WHAT happened?

2 Days ago on friday 13.02.2015 the server had a wipe the admin is excusing this wipe with corruption in the staff by one of the GMs "Kenny".
However, this GM was a support GM he didn't have @zeny nor @refine nor @item nor @spawn or anything like that, the Admin - Zeal claims though that Kenny put millions of Zeny and +10 items onto the server which is why it needs to be wiped, even more ridiculous he wants the server to be restarted @ first of march but the people who donated will only get 50% of their money donated back into Gold Coins(Cash Points however it's called on most servers).
So basically Zeal wipes the server so people lose all their earned zeny/donation items and gives half of them back.

Why would Zeal lie about a GM cheating?

Well that's simple Kenny and another GM "Abigail" were the most active GMs on the server also most helpful ones with the most competence. However, Kenny got frustrated due to the decaying population caused by permant lag spikes,(these existed already on the first day and the staff didn't bother to fix them, Zeal even told me in private chat 5 weeks or so before the wipe that these lag spikes are caused by bad coding and it will take max 2 weeks to fix them but they never were fixed) bad management and inactivity by the Head GM and Admins for several weeks. So in the end he finally decided to quit. He misbehaved by kicking merchants and using his only GM power which could be abused: @save and then warping with the acolyte skills to the top of thanatos tower, on this day not a single thanatos was killed, still Zeal says that this event destroyed the economy and the server needs to get wiped due to that. It's proven that this power was never abused since on the website there was a MVP counter showing which MVP was killed at which time. As Mentioned above, Zeal also claimed that Kenny put billions of zeny (with a non existant @zeny command) into the server, but the richest player had about 400-500million which wasn't even from Kennys private characters guild.

How do I know that Kenny isn't guilty?

I'm a good friend of Kenny, I had account success to his private characters and he had mine thus I KNOW that he never had such gears as Zeal claimed he had. The best item which was on his account was a pair of +9 Diablos Boots, which he was given by me as I had monopole on Wounded Morroc and after getting more than 80 pairs of these its not surprising that you get at least 1 +9 out of them (with enriched metals).

Why am I doing this?

For the simple reason that I don't want a friend to be accused for doing bad stuff, abusing his role as a GM. The people who knew him know that he's competent friendly and was probably together with the other GM (Abigail) the most active part of the staff. Also, I don't want new players to get scammed by this Admin as other people did.
I'm posting into this RMS forum since Zeal deleted all my posts from the server forum (ofcourse he doesn't want other people to find out that he's lying) and finally banned me.
I want to add that many reviews even in the forum were written by staff members. One of the staff members (Blackcat) more or less bought his GM account from zeal by donating several hundred $ until Zeal promoted him. This guy also made a review in the forum, a fake positive one.

My conclusion

ZealRO was a balanced server regarding item balance and economy but the inactive staff, the will to fix bad coding causing lag, false accusations and finally alot of incompetence  broke it. Do not join this server on relaunch at 01.03.2015 as the admin just wants to make money and stopped caring about his server anyway and it's VERY VERY likely that it will close down after just a few weeks again anyway.

PS: Sorry for my english I'm not a native speaker

Zeal

You made a mistake :)

QuoteI've been playing on the RO server ZealRO, which is/was owned by the former Admin of AvidRO and met its same fate.

Im not Avid.

Quotebut the people who donated will only get 50% of their money donated back into Gold Coins(Cash Points however it's called on most servers).
So basically Zeal wipes the server so people lose all their earned zeny/donation items and gives half of them back.

Its 100%

Bad press is good press, looking forward to this topic  /no1

Zeal Ragnarok Online | Coming Soon | Join Our Community
www.zealro.com

Ariasqt

Tell me how Kenny was corrupt? What +10 items? What billions of zeny did he put onto the server?
Also is that all you have to say about it?

pichan

+1 to Arias.
I also tried to say the same on the forum, but I've been banned.

Ariasqt

I also wanted to add the review by the forum member "Snowflake10" is by the staff member who bought his "GM title" called Blackcat. He has less than average game knowledge but due to the many donations Zeal promoted him.

Sekkar

Quote from: Ariasqt on Feb 15, 2015, 10:50 AM
I also wanted to add the review by the forum member "Snowflake10" is by the staff member who bought his "GM title" called Blackcat. He has less than average game knowledge but due to the many donations Zeal promoted him.

Actually Blackcat didn't even start donating a lot until he was a gm. Also originally blackcat was only a forum GM because of his high activity on the forum then we decided later to promote him as a in game support GM.

Rkenshin

Can you prove any of these accusations against the server because I'm not seeing a single bit of proof from you about any of this.
also i highly doubt anyone would pay $700 to any server and if so, where is your proof?

risen

I played this game for atleast 3 months already, and considered its overall gameplay a good one, but recently its admin had shown its true colors.

well i dont know of its problem internally(management), but we noticed that the Zeal hasnt been active since middle december. well he've been telling us reasons and promised us(players) to be active by the succeeding weeks, but each promised has been stoned. so players on zealro is declining bythen not only because of its gm inactivity but of its unsolved problems including massive lags and spikes.

Until recently, as i logged on, im quite surprised that the server's population became 24, as i asked some people on pront what happened. they told me thesame reasons as the author of this post(Reason: A GM has given some players billions of zeny and items few hours earlier) and the server will wiped on few hours.

So i've forwarded my thoughts to zeal on his website chat.
first, why would he wiped the server if he can rollback few hours or a day, before the said GM INCIDENT.
well im quite surprised that he cant produced a single straightforward answer/reason, but still insisting that server WIPE is zealro's sole probability of action.

ive experienced a sudden realization that, Zeal had abandoned us and as well quite angered when i figured that just last week, he has produced promos (50% off) on selected donation items. well i dont know what he was thinking by that time, but not till now. well im prohibited to judge him here so i  will left this to the readers.

well as an "old" player of zeal ro i can certify to the accusations given by the author of the post as a FACT.
hoped that the FUTURE PLAYERS OF ZEAL RO will be enlightened.

pichan

@rkenshin Yes, the proof is that Kenny was a support gm, everybody know that. It should be Zeal to prove what he's saying, because his excuse to wipe is really    ridiculous.
Concerning Blackcat, I can't know that. The only thing i know is that he was the most incompetent GM I've ever seen.

Rkenshin

that doesnt make sense though, Ariasqt is the one making the accusations so he should provide some proof, any proof. we all know kenny was corrupt since we all know he gave away his gm account and watched as his friend muted and kicked people, the fact is that he broke the rules and people seem to think he did the right thing. You do the same thing on ANY other server, I guarantee you will get IP banned just like this one

pichan

Nobody is saying Kenny did well that day o.o He did it on purpose to wake up the admins, they just kicked merchants and warped people. Kenny had no powers to create equips or zeny, so I can't see your point! Obviously his ban is fair, but I don't think my ban is fair, since my only fault was to say in #main that Zeal was  lying.

Rkenshin

Quote from: pichan on Feb 15, 2015, 11:30 AM
Nobody is saying Kenny did well that day o.o He did it on purpose to wake up the admins, they just kicked merchants and warped people. Kenny had no powers to create equips or zeny, so I can't see your point! Obviously his ban is fair, but I don't think my ban is fair, since my only fault was to say in #main that Zeal was  lying.

err no.. he didnt just kick merchants and warp people. People were getting muted and kicked and im not talking about merchants, im talking about people in towns and fields. people that were trying to play and level up or quest were then forced to post on the forum because they kept getting muted and kicked and when they tried logging back on, they were kicked again.

The point i was making is that the owner of this topic should have had some sort of proof otherwise his accusations mean nothing. anyone can make a topic claiming all sorts of things but the only way people will even believe this is if you have proof, screenshots or anything to back up what you are saying.

pichan

Yes He did that. And it's fair he got banned, it's what he wanted, cause he was leaving his role. He was trolling and this is the only way he abused his powers.
Maybe you can't understand, I try to put it easy: Zeal is saying that Kenny ruined server economy giving away billions of zeny and +10 equipments. And that the server need to wipe because of what Kenny did. If it was true, he only needed to roll back 2 hours, and the server was the same! There's no possibility that Kenny ruined the economy since he had no powers to do that, can you understand the problem now? What proof do you want? I really can't get your point... a screenshot of what?
It is Zeal who should post some proof abot Kenny ruining the economy of the server since he had logs of everything, but he's not even replying to this post :)

Zeal

Okay let me quote what i said via our forums.

Not once have i blamed Kenny for the wipe, the wipe and fresh start is because of the reasons below, a 2 hour roll back will not take these away.

QuoteWhen we launched the server, both myself and the staff did our very best to balance out the server in terms of economy, rates and more.

Part 1
Within 1 month of the server opening we then encountered a bug that was heavily abused flooding billions into the server via selling salad obtain by Lunakaligo.

The food was suppose to be dropping at 5% however was dropping 100% even from a poring.

Payers could then sell the food for 6k zeny each and even more with +10 oversell on a merchant.

This caused a lot of items to be able to be bought quickly and lots of zeny to flood the server that shouldn't.

This was the start of the crappy economy we have at the moment.

Most of the zeny was recovered and the bug was fixed but lots of the zeny was unrecoverable and players already sold items that should of been harder to sold/bought if this bug wasn't in place.

Part 2

With a community poll we disabled the sword reject skill on MvP monsters preventing the one shot MvP kills however this was used for a long period of time to obtain lots of MvP gears that should also been harder to obtainin.

After disabling the skill, this gave one group / guild of players a huge advantage as they already had these gears and it was now much much harder for new players to obtain and this group of players then used them gears to be able to horde and kill more and more MvP's

It then become economy breaking as this group of players controlled the market of how much things sell for and how they got distributed within the server.

Part 3

We created a promotion giving new players an instant level 90 pre-trans char, some gears and battle badges.

This was working great and was un-abusable however during this promo we switched to a new host and updated how our logs are stored to minimise the lag issue to the minimum.

Upon changing how the logs were stored there was some human error on how the script reads and was allowing players to obtain the free promo over and over and over again, flooding battle badges, battlegrounds gear, VIP passes, class mounts and much more into the server.

Players were making over 100+ chars and selling all the badges.

This also flooded lots of zeny to certain players that they should not have obtained.

Part 4 - The BIG one

As you know, the MvP rates of the server are 10x and 1x for cards.

Being 10x means that all equips and high tier MvP quips drop at 100%

Can you see the issue here with balance? there is way to much in the server that is causing to much un-balance, economy inflation and more.

Now i know your saying, why did you let this happen? this should of been patched and fixed before launch?

I agree 100% however we are only human and learn from our mistakes.

The one thing i will tell you and i know most of you will agree, I love the Zeal server and love the community.

I will never and have no intentions of closing the server, both myself and you will agree that ZealRO has a lot of potential if these bugs, game breaking features was not available from a fresh start of the server.

This will be my last post here on the topic, ill have fun reading it though  /no1

Zeal Ragnarok Online | Coming Soon | Join Our Community
www.zealro.com

pichan

So Zeal, let me understand.... You told everyone in game that Kenny did a mess and ruined the economy, created billions of zeny and +10 equips and now you say it's not true? AHAHAHAHAHAH
I can't believe it! You banned me in game because I said it was not true, so why you banned me? OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

At least, now everybody can understand the wipe happened because of admins incompetence and inactivity.
Sorry, I'm still laughting guys...  /swt