You know it's bad when players...

Started by Cawliflower, Jun 09, 2013, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cawliflower

So, you know it's bad when your own players PM you a link to a forum announcement that imitates your own announcement you posted a day ago. Is it really that difficult to come up with your own words? This wouldn't be a big deal if the server didn't have a past practice of imitating my projects (click here).

Seriously, please come up with your own ideas going forward. Was it really worth stealing a paragraph from one of my announcements, tweaking the words, and posting it on your server?

Proof is attached.

My original topic
His imitation topic

P.S. Please don't @recall your entire server to this thread like last time to de-rail it and do your dirty work, please don't resort to name-calling/insults as you guys did last time, etc. If you're going to respond, do so within reason because nobody has time for all that childish non-sense.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Necrophiliac

I don't get it, you think you're the first the first person to think of seasonal donation events?

Cawliflower

Quote from: Necrophiliac on Jun 09, 2013, 07:01 PM
I don't get it, you think you're the first the first person to think of seasonal donation events?

My paragraph:
QuoteThe eo-RO Administration has a steep budget through the consistent advertising, increased spending towards improving our hosting, and other miscellaneous expenses. Our plan for the summer is to continue to increase our advertising budget and attract players looking for a server to call home.

Theirs:
A steep budget through consistent advertising, spending towards improvement of the project's hardware, hosting, and other miscellaneous expenses. The goal for 2013's summer is to continue to increase our advertising budget and attract members that are looking for a server to call home. This of course is not possible, without the support of the community.

I'm too tired to bold the similarities. Just read them a few times, rinse & repeat.

I clearly stated it was the copying of our announcement's content, not the promotion idea itself. Everyone does those promotions and if you read everything you'd notice our promotions aren't the same.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

Necrophiliac

Even that seems like the same generic message you'll find in any server's announcements.  Is there really a point to this topic, or do you just like having drama?  I mean does him doing that negatively affect you in any way whatsoever?

Cawliflower

Quote from: Necrophiliac on Jun 09, 2013, 07:09 PM
Even that seems like the same generic message you'll find in any server's announcements.  Is there really a point to this topic, or do you just like having drama?  I mean does him doing that negatively affect you in any way whatsoever?
No. It isn't. Anyway, thanks for coming out!

Yukino

Even if it seems like a generic message, EvolveRO did copy word for word almost. That's still kind of a sad thing to do... regardless if copying has a negative impact or not on the copied server. Not trying to induce drama, but that is how I feel. Oh well, all the best to the two servers (and hopefully, nothing else is copied similarly lol).
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

SukiChii

You would think they would edit it a bit...

RoseTea

Quote from: Cawliflower on Jun 09, 2013, 06:45 PMThis wouldn't be a big deal
It's two sentences.  It still isn't, it's an interesting addition to the original theft, at best.  Get back to us when it's something more substantial that is actively undermining your server.

Klassione

Quote from: Necrophiliac on Jun 09, 2013, 07:09 PM

That's what RMS has been about for a long, long time now. Some community interaction, and a bit of advertising here and there, of course.

But hey, proceed.

Bue

The RMS Commentary Squad is blasting off againnnnnnnnnnn~ Ahhhhhhhhhhh

DeePee

Heh. That's hilarious.

I think that the fact that they copied something THIS SMALL just shows how creative they really are.

Bavington

I'd probably take my skeptical off if you posted the dates when they were posted.

Cawliflower

Quote from: Bavington on Jun 09, 2013, 10:49 PM
I'd probably take my skeptical off if you posted the dates when they were posted.
... Huh?

It says in the screenshots. You can view the original topics via the link. I only SS'd them in case their Administration edited the announcement.

Triper

Quote from: Bavington on Jun 09, 2013, 10:49 PM
Cookie's Server- Yesterday 02:04 AM
Ancient's Server - Today 04:48 PM

This is what I see at both urls but I'm not registered in them neither I know what is the gmt frame in each board or how they're set to work so yeah, it can end being different from the real thing.
The only sure thing is that exists a difference of near 13 hour from each post so one was for sure made before the other.
Which one? Someone go register at both boards and set up, if you're able to, to force the board to auto-detect/manual adjust it to your gmt time at your profile. See if both are working at 100% after that and check those timestamps.

Bue

Triper, its not like you weren't at the previous thread between the two.