Yo Kids, If you have Trans in your server, it isn't Classic!

Started by Nano, Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nano

All them kids using "Classic" instead of prerenewal when they have trans make it much harder to find a true classic server these days.

Just sharing my despise of all the ignorant wannabes.

/endrant

sonic7

Yes, we get it. You are the biggest Ragnarok hipster.

yC

Well that happens, and I try to make it as clear as possible (on the listing registration form) but some people didn't meet RO at its oldest time.  I try to be understandable, and I try to fix any listings that are with the wrong mode, possibly once a month.

Dord-san

It is debatable regarding whether the terminology of "Classic" doesn't include Trans-Classes. The whole idea of rebirth really wasn't implemented early on which was true. But however regardless to say implementation of trans-class wasn't as revolutionary in comparison to Renewal mechanics. But nevertheless I still see what you still trying to mean.

Ewol

Classic has a different meaning depending on the person.

Also the official 'Classic' server has trans classes.

Esdese22

not sure about what actually "classic" means, i also assume it has no trans class
but yea i think better to use "no trans class" rather than "classic" just to make it clear enough

EudaldoA

Yo! calm your tits, I met ragnarok 11 years ago and yes, we had trans classes... It's true I didn't get to know the very old classic ragnarok but the balance was definitely there. No need to call people names.

In my opinion when people say classic it's Non renewal classes, no bgs, possibly no dual clients, the old rune-midgard kingdom and without those new MvPs that came shortly after or with the implementation of new areas to rune-midgard. I still find the game fairly enjoyable that of course if we are talking about a low maybe a mid rate... If we push it to a high rate then it's a different story.
See you, space cowboy!

vashgibz13

I cannot agree more. Classic is absolutely pre-trans.

Yozakura

It's not just private servers. iRO calls their pre-renewal servers "classic." Pre-trans is more of retro.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Siren

Quote from: sonic7 on Aug 01, 2015, 12:26 AM
Yes, we get it. You are the biggest Ragnarok hipster.

RMS needs a "like" feature.   /no1

But as already stated, iRO considers their pre-renewal server as Classic.  Although, I'd have to agree that "Classic" is pre-trans. Oh, nostalgia.

Nano

Yo kids, check the labels on the servers:

Classic.
Pre-Renewal.
Renewal.

Common sense, ok?

(Yes, people who play this game tend to lack common sense, but w/e, hope is all that's left.)