macro/bot or nah?

Started by valhallaknight, Sep 08, 2015, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tang

Quote from: Cazerack on Sep 08, 2015, 10:49 PM
13 minutes yes, however would you have preferred we recorded for a couple of hours? Because, we most certainly should have since, you refuse to accept the truth. OR you do and choose, to keep defending it. Like one of your guildmates said when asked if he would leave if he remained banned as result of being in the wrong "I would leave, regardless of him being right or wring because we are friends." I really do wish the GM's of said server were able to post a log for you, however sadly there isn't.

At this point we dont' care if he gets banned or not, we just simply want some other's view. However you keep bringing in guildmates to defend yourself. Further proves you are hiding something. We want outsider view, not someone from the same guild that has gotten a mutual relationship of getting leeched for exp

Refuse to accept the truth? Who are you to decide what the truth is? As explained above, there are situations that could lead to this without using any 3rd party tools.

I am not in any guild, I don't give a s*** about any of the guilds. I am simply a player that supports the server and I heard about this topic in #main.

Edit: this topic should be closed. It's a childish s*** flinging contest. They've implemented a new rule to deal with this, what do you want?

Cazerack

We never mentioned the server in question, so why would you bother about posting it here then. And if that really is the case, who are you in the game? If you claimed to have been in this server for a long time not in a guild, and has been dbed I most certainly would have seen you at some point. As for the statement about the truth I was out of line there, however I really don't see a reason for you to try to defend something that is about a anonymous server

valhallaknight

Quote from: Tang on Sep 08, 2015, 10:54 PM
Refuse to accept the truth? Who are you to decide what the truth is? As explained above, there are situations that could lead to this without using any 3rd party tools.

I am not in any guild, I don't give a s*** about any of the guilds. I am simply a player that supports the server and I heard about this topic in #main.

Edit: this topic should be closed. It's a childish s*** flinging contest. They've implemented a new rule to deal with this, what do you want?

Yes you have a point there but as stated by Cazerack, the bard is showing a PERFECT pattern almost as if it's automatically using it. Given that you're watching a video then clicking your alch again you can't be serious on having a 20sec interval EVERY TIME you use the skill, I call this BS.

Cazerack from his previous post: "You have a valid point about playing a video, however if you were to watch the time frames on the 2nd video, it is every 20 secs. At time frame 3:07 it stops playing and at 3:27 it plays again and 5:27 it stops and at 5:47 it plays again
on the first video 0:34 to 0:54, and 2:54 to 3:14 most definitely in 20 sec interval"

rizzen

Quote from: valhallaknight on Sep 08, 2015, 11:02 PM
Yes you have a point there but as stated by Cazerack, the bard is showing a PERFECT pattern almost as if it's automatically using it. Given that you're watching a video then clicking your alch again you can't be serious on having a 20sec interval EVERY TIME you use the skill, I call this BS.

Cazerack from his previous post: "You have a valid point about playing a video, however if you were to watch the time frames on the 2nd video, it is every 20 secs. At time frame 3:07 it stops playing and at 3:27 it plays again and 5:27 it stops and at 5:47 it plays again
on the first video 0:34 to 0:54, and 2:54 to 3:14 most definitely in 20 sec interval"

Have you looked at a clock recently? Turns out, it's really good at what it does.

Tang

Quote from: Cazerack on Sep 08, 2015, 10:59 PM
We never mentioned the server in question, so why would you bother about posting it here then. And if that really is the case, who are you in the game? If you claimed to have been in this server for a long time not in a guild, and has been dbed I most certainly would have seen you at some point

As I mentioned, I heard about this topic ingame. My in-game character is Tang, I also have a biochemist named Biochem and a few other alt characters. I have been around since the launch of the server but I'm not very active in the community.

I've argued with the player in question and I honestly think he is an a****** but I don't agree with people getting butthurt and trying to start drama over such petty issues.

Quote from: valhallaknight on Sep 08, 2015, 11:02 PM

Have you ever used a timer app for homunculus farming? They generally have seconds and I will keep focus on my RO window with a video player and the timer always on top, and the second it resets the timer I press the hotkey.

Cazerack

Clock is valid, however, I highly doubt someone would have timing down like clockwork for a few hours. If, you truly believe he is not in the wrong you guys would stop posting by now, but you still havn't and I have been asking for nonbiased replies, however all I am getting are people associated with the person in the video

Cazerack

Quote from: Tang on Sep 08, 2015, 11:08 PM
Have you ever used a timer app for homunculus farming? They generally have seconds and I will keep focus on my RO window with a video player and the timer always on top, and the second it resets the timer I press the hotkey.

now if you are focusing on RO window, with a video player. You most certainly would have noticed getting killed, however if you do say about full screen watching video and pressing a skill. Your timing to reactivate a skill would not always be so precise, but it's happening like clockwork

Tang

Quote from: Cazerack on Sep 08, 2015, 11:11 PM
Clock is valid, however, I highly doubt someone would have timing down like clockwork for a few hours. If, you truly believe he is not in the wrong you guys would stop posting by now, but you still havn't and I have been asking for nonbiased replies, however all I am getting are people associated with the person in the video

ROFL, have you ever actually farmed sharp leaves? I've spent entire days farming leaves in the past, you have no choice but to have the timing down like clock work, otherwise you wont be getting loot.

Quote from: Cazerack on Sep 08, 2015, 11:14 PM
now if you are focusing on RO window, with a video player. You most certainly would have noticed getting killed, however if you do say about full screen watching video and pressing a skill. Your timing to reactivate a skill would not always be so precise, but it's happening like clockwork

Do you not know what 'always on top' mode is? Here is a clue; it's always on top, you're able to focus other windows while your media player is still on top.

I'm done with this topic. I have no relations with the player in question but I do support the server and it's mind blowing that people can be so childish. Your lack of experience in homunculus leveling is painful.

Note to moderation: Can you please move this topic into the rant section? It's become ridiculous.

Cazerack

Quote from: Tang on Sep 08, 2015, 11:18 PM
ROFL, have you ever actually farmed sharp leaves? I've spent entire days farming leaves in the past, you have no choice but to have the timing down like clock work, otherwise you wont be getting loot.

Do you not know what 'always on top' mode is? Here is a clue; it's always on top, you're able to focus other windows while your media player is still on top.

I'm done with this topic. I have no relations with the player in question but I do support the server and it's mind blowing that people can be so childish. Your lack of experience in homunculus leveling is painful.

Tang your reaction is hilarious, almost exactly like Nomar whenever things don't go his way, I have farmed sharp leafs and I know what always on top mode is, you are quick to always assume that one doesn't, like for example assuming that we were saying a macro was changing from 2 mins to 20 secs. Quit being a hissy fit and just go please. Also again i will mention WE NEVER MENTIONED THE SERVER IN QUESTION SO WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER COMING HERE TO ARGUE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

Nomar

I wasn't gonna reply but I feel the need to address somethings. Tang I have never had a bad discussion with anybody on the server that I can recall. If I did and you were one of the few, that's some bad luck. Heck I help a ton of people who ask for advice. So I'm not sure how we could have ever had a bad discussion. On the topic at hand. I wish you could test my timing precision lol. I've been MMOing for a long time and people use timers for a lot of things. Responding robotically has become somewhat natural for me.

On a final note. I have no idea what these fools were expecting to happen. They seem to think they were gonna get a permaban on a player for a first time offense and have a nuke dropped on their home. It seems rule changes and suspensions(which was what was initially going to happen) just aren't enough for them. They need a plaque and statue built in their honor as well. I mean when the person you tried to have banned ends up instituting some positive rule changes, while you continue to whine. That's just sad. We'll just keep playing the violin behind you.

Cazerack

Quote from: Nomar on Sep 08, 2015, 11:27 PM
On a final note. I have no idea what these fools were expecting to happen. They seem to think they were gonna get a permaban on a player for a first time offense and have a nuke dropped on their home. It seems rule changes and suspensions(which was what was initially going to happen) just aren't enough for them.
And... the mask falls down, good job messing up with your facade of being not in the wrong, you just admitted to having done a first time offense. Way to lose consistency in your story. I am done, confession there.

rizzen

Quote from: Cazerack on Sep 08, 2015, 11:43 PM
And... the mask falls down, good job messing up with your facade of being not in the wrong, you just admitted to having done a first time offense. Way to lose consistency in your story. I am done, confession there.

You somehow managed to find a confession in that post? What drugs have you been taking?

Names

Disclaimer: I do not know either the defending party or the accusing party.

From what I understand: A player dual clienting is farming at les instant respawn spot with a biochemist and its homunculus. To farm faster, he uses a bard with Impressive riff on. This bard uses the skill precisely every 2 minutes 20 seconds. The homunculus is fed once in a while, which is understandable.
According to the defending party, this player is watching videos on VLC with always on top settings on, and a timer, while keeping the focus on the RO window. This way, he can hit the riff key every 2 minutes 20 seconds according to his timer's beep. This makes him competitive in getting kills on Les when multiple alchemists are present and if he's the only one, he just farms faster. Cool.

By the way I noticed that Tang seemed to misunderstand the defending parties posts on purpose to spread doubt in the accusations.

So the guy has four windows open. RO client 1 for biochemist. RO client 2 for bard. Timer. VLC. VLC is always on top. But he sees the timer. He doesn't see RO client 2 according to the testimony but it has focus. It is hidden by the VLC always on top. He doesn't see RO client 1 either. Further evidence that he doesn't see neither is he doesn't notice he was dead.
Let's say he doesn't see the timer. The timer goes beep every 2 minutes 20 seconds. His finger is ready. He immediately presses the hotkey. Wait there's a joke in the show im laughing out loud I'll be one second late! No. What the f*** the guy just got beheaded my finger's not ready! No. The finger is always ready. The finger waits precisely 20 seconds to regenerate SP. He never waits 19 seconds, the beep hasn't sounded yet. He never waits 21 seconds, or else he'll miss precious sharp leaves.

Quote from: rizzen on Sep 08, 2015, 11:05 PM
Have you looked at a clock recently? Turns out, it's really good at what it does.
Exactly. You got it right mr rizzen. His actions are on a clock.
Have you ever looked at a human recently? Turns out, it's really bad at what it does.

I semi-afk farm while watching my boy Artour's stream quite often. Here's how I proceed:
- I open twitch in popout, have it fill 80% of my screen from the left side.
- I resize the RO client to the smallest possible. I'm not home right now but it's something like 600x490. I put this screen on the right edge of my screen. (Yes I only have one monitor)
- I turn on quickcast (/q1) and have teleport skill (creamy card) in it.
- I watch my boy artour while teleporting once in a while.

Now all of this on paper seems so easy and plausible right?
Wrong.
I f*** suck at it. I forget my homun, his hunger drops to 0. I teleport halfway through a monster because I was watching RTZ too much. I miss action in-game because I switched my attention to RO for 10 seconds.
What I'm saying is a busy human can't be on point with those beeps as good as you think.

In 2015 it's so easy to use a macro on a timer. Just admit that's what he was doing, ground the guy and move on.

On a final note, I can't check through youtube but the OP should validate this information through his initial video recordings. Are the milliseconds at which the songs start always the same?

Detective Names at your service

blackwaltz

I have no idea if he used a macro or not but we're talking about 1 button? I mean seriously this thread makes it seem like it's not possible for a human being to click that one button on a set interval with a timer... What? I know there are quite a lot of macro abusers around in any server but just because it's easy to macro doesn't mean this guy wasn't legit.

I've personally been accused quite a few times and can honestly say I never in my life used a macro, it's not that hard to get the timing right. I play ro quite often with a lot of alts on a seperate laptop just hitting right mouse button to activate the skill I need. And as for not responding to PM's the dude probably gets quite a lot of PM's if his method is really effective (not sure what the point is here, never played your server). I was in a similar situation and there can really be a flow of PM's, some people just want to farm and do something else rather then just prove some random people they ain't botting/macroing. (btw I'm sure you know a homun doesn't need to be fed that often neither does he need to put s*** in his cart every 10min)

From reading this I got the vibe you just desperately want to be right and see the guy get banned even if he would be innocent.

valhallaknight

Quote from: blackwaltz on Sep 09, 2015, 11:04 AM
I have no idea if he used a macro or not but we're talking about 1 button? I mean seriously this thread makes it seem like it's not possible for a human being to click that one button on a set interval with a timer... What? I know there are quite a lot of macro abusers around in any server but just because it's easy to macro doesn't mean this guy wasn't legit.

I've personally been accused quite a few times and can honestly say I never in my life used a macro, it's not that hard to get the timing right. I play ro quite often with a lot of alts on a seperate laptop just hitting right mouse button to activate the skill I need. And as for not responding to PM's the dude probably gets quite a lot of PM's if his method is really effective (not sure what the point is here, never played your server). I was in a similar situation and there can really be a flow of PM's, some people just want to farm and do something else rather then just prove some random people they ain't botting/macroing. (btw I'm sure you know a homun doesn't need to be fed that often neither does he need to put s*** in his cart every 10min)

From reading this I got the vibe you just desperately want to be right and see the guy get banned even if he would be innocent.

Yeah he sure is innocent and please ALL of us can do this s***. Even I can time this so perfectly like a freaking robot. I can time a key so perfectly that it's making a loop, neat huh?  /heh

Assassin Cross of Sunset [Song / Dance] (Skill ID# 320, iRO Name: Impressive Riff)
Stay Duration: 120 sec
Effect Duration: 20 sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdqIKP7nsLc : (0:34 aoe riff ends) -20sec interval- (0:54 bard uses riff) -120sec interval- (2:54 aoe riff ends) -20sec interval- (3:14 bard uses riff) then (4:25 bard dies to Dullahan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGys1jonnTg: (0:11 bard was ressurected using a yggdrasil leaf) (1:07 bard uses riff) -120sec interval- (3:07 aoe riff ends) -20sec interval- (3:27 bard uses riff) -120sec interval- (5:27 aoe riff ends) -20sec interval- (5:47 bard uses riff) -120sec interval- (7:47 aoe riff ends) -20sec interval- (8:07 bard uses riff) ~

Edit: Note that this continued on for more than 30mins AFTER he was resurrected (standing there like an idiot using his riff when his homun is clearly dead) and is still showing the loop, so yeah he's really good at what he's doing. /no1