LifeRO

Started by pusanginamoy, Oct 20, 2014, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bashph

Quote from: mugen89 on Dec 10, 2014, 10:26 PM
after the reboot there were barely any players left so he decided to close it altogether.

That's what I'm saying earlier. If he'll be doing another long maintenance, this will be happening. He's in a 'No Choice' situation.  /ok

pusanginamoy

No need to repeat what i've/we've said, a warn to potential and server seeking players  to avoid LifeRO:

https://www.facebook.com/liferagnarok
http://board.lifero.co/

If you want long term enjoyment and to avoid any inconvenience sooner or later play the servers that lasted for years which is proven already.  /no1

Playtester

Quote from: Kore on Dec 10, 2014, 02:44 PM
Okay, I just read what this sky said as the "Major Issue" that can only be resolved by a wipe. I don't want to outsmart anyone here but what he said was just complete non-sense for me.

He said that some entries were truncated. But upon checking the DB, it's there. How the hell could that happen? He doesn't need to do a wipe for that because the DB is probably not the issue, it's the config file or an issue with a code. He said the entries are there, just not getting read.

Also, he said "the features of a typical rAthena emulator is very limited". If the problem is his server files getting messed up, can't he just revert to an earlier repo where everything is running smooth?
I would assume he tried to update from eAmod / rAmod to latest rAthena to get all the fixes from it, but eAmod / rAmod probably has some custom database columns for additional feature that vanilla rAthena isn't reading.

Of course it's non-sense to say that it can't be fixed, because... everything can be fixed, it's just a question of time. But really trying to merge say eAmod together with latest rAthena while maintaining all the database data is probably months of work. So generally you're much better off just starting fresh from latest rAthena and then slowly updating in your custom features one-by-one.

Though honestly at this point I don't really see many people who would even be competent enough to properly add features to their server. Most people just take what's there. That's why so many just base their server on a completely outdated version.

Nano

I read the whole thread.

More than a rant and rave, i just see a random pinoy (pusanginamoy) bashing a random server.

Feels like a kid making a fuss to his mom caue he didn't get his candy.

If you don't like a server, or it dies, find another server and start over again. Every couple months threads about "QQ wipe gm so bad" pop up; it got old looong ago.

This thread should be moved to spam :v

pusanginamoy

Quote from: Nano on Dec 11, 2014, 11:18 AM
I read the whole thread.

More than a rant and rave, i just see a random pinoy (pusanginamoy) bashing a random server.

Feels like a kid making a fuss to his mom caue he didn't get his candy.

If you don't like a server, or it dies, find another server and start over again. Every couple months threads about "QQ wipe gm so bad" pop up; it got old looong ago.

This thread should be moved to spam :v

thank you for hitting my credibility. Like in GOT you know nothing.

infectedstyle

Quote from: pusanginamoy on Dec 03, 2014, 08:10 AM

Pathetic and lame excuse..."this is just a game". Players invest time and donate to make the server up and running then if it goes down they can all say is this is just a game. hahaha.

Like i said in previous post, The Game is all fine all along and then a sudden rollback happens, then server restart..went hiatus for few months then re-opened again. LMFAO.

^ DonSclario is a player. It is just a game. Never once did the GMs act as if they where fishing for donations.

QuoteThat is just sad. This is a clear example of people who make servers just to make money(Even though it's small). All i can say is anybody thinking of donating to Life-RO(Or any other server run by that bewb) please think twice. Cause it's just a game. And you never know when he gets his period and does another wipe. I'm so glad that i only played this server for 2 days and didn't invest too much time on this s***.

Good that you think of it this way. I don't regularly donate. Lifero is the only server I donated for and that is pm;y because I was enjoying my time here and felt like it was worth donating to show my gratitude and get some in-game goodies in return. It has honestly been one of the best RO experiences for me in a long long time. I did donate and I was also fairly rich in-game. I just don't care about this wipe? Why? Because I had a great time. And I love playing in a fresh server. Especially love that they are lowering the rates.

I think the previous server stats and rates where unbalanced. This new server wipe makes it more balanced. So I do have hopes that this will be a long-lasting server. And if it lasts less than a year? Bummer. I hope it was a good year. But besdies that, donation is just that. A donation. Not pay to win. And quite honestly, you did not need to donate on lifero to have a good time and be a winner also. I didn't.

QuoteI was more concerned about the transparency from the staff form the beginning.

To be fair. This is the only truth I gotten from looking at the events. And transparency would have been nice. GMs where fearing losing one of the biggest player base for a server in a long time. So I don't blame it. But I sure hope next time they will be more professional in handling things such as wipes and maintenance.

I know that Sky is very open to communication and making changes. So I am sure that communicating to him about transparency will make this issue vanish.
Also, he made a fresh new GM team that seems much more close and involved with the player base (Don Sclario ftw!) as opposed to his previous team. (Sorry guys, it just seemed this way). This should result in even more transparency.

Hope I can balance the weight of this rant because honestly. I loved lifeRO. And I stand by it.  /kis2

pusanginamoy

Quote from: infectedstyle on Dec 13, 2014, 09:10 AM
^ DonSclario is a player. It is just a game. Never once did the GMs act as if they where fishing for donations.

Good that you think of it this way. I don't regularly donate. Lifero is the only server I donated for and that is pm;y because I was enjoying my time here and felt like it was worth donating to show my gratitude and get some in-game goodies in return. It has honestly been one of the best RO experiences for me in a long long time. I did donate and I was also fairly rich in-game. I just don't care about this wipe? Why? Because I had a great time. And I love playing in a fresh server. Especially love that they are lowering the rates.

I think the previous server stats and rates where unbalanced. This new server wipe makes it more balanced. So I do have hopes that this will be a long-lasting server. And if it lasts less than a year? Bummer. I hope it was a good year. But besdies that, donation is just that. A donation. Not pay to win. And quite honestly, you did not need to donate on lifero to have a good time and be a winner also. I didn't.

To be fair. This is the only truth I gotten from looking at the events. And transparency would have been nice. GMs where fearing losing one of the biggest player base for a server in a long time. So I don't blame it. But I sure hope next time they will be more professional in handling things such as wipes and maintenance.

I know that Sky is very open to communication and making changes. So I am sure that communicating to him about transparency will make this issue vanish.
Also, he made a fresh new GM team that seems much more close and involved with the player base (Don Sclario ftw!) as opposed to his previous team. (Sorry guys, it just seemed this way). This should result in even more transparency.

Hope I can balance the weight of this rant because honestly. I loved lifeRO. And I stand by it.  /kis2

newly created account for what? praise...goodjob.

Just beware of this server and the admins,..that's all folks.

bashph

Quote from: pusanginamoy on Dec 14, 2014, 11:27 AM
newly created account for what? praise...goodjob.

Just beware of this server and the admins,..that's all folks.
good job.  youre also making them famous. This is why peenoise are hated on the internet. (pusanginamoy as example)

pusanginamoy

I warned my friend about my terrible experienced with LifeRO and yet he still gave a shot, now rollback happened and another server wipe incoming? wtf