Website Theft... From an official server's website?

Started by Mushu, Apr 25, 2011, 04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushu

Pretty uncommon (never even heard of anyone doing this before) and just damn funny plus I couldn't find that anyone had pointed it out using the search function so I couldn't resist.

http://playragnarok.com/

http://www.new-world-ragnarok.com/info.php

Anyone see the resemblance? Not trying to "start anything" but I thought we could all join in and have a good laugh together. This of course isn't against TOS blaha blah blah that someone is going to point out, it's for  :o and then  :D that I'm making this thread.

AquarRO

xyuki

This fails so bad that it's almost a win already. x__x
I mean site thefts of pservers is already ridiculous.. but this is just pitiful. xD

AquarRO

first i was going to play a RO with my bro just for fun since we got a new PC so we got was going to play the new world ragnarok but because of this imma search a new one

Mushu

Haha, the background was the same on both servers until this morning when iRO changed their background.
Edit: Nevermind, there is a few backgrounds it randomly chooses from when you reload or load the page.

Yukino

Nothing uncommon here. There are a few other servers that copied from the original RO website (or even just the navigation bar/sword image) that I have seen so far. But yeah, tsk at them for copying the original RO website XD. Didn't really want to post anything about them since more than 25% of the Private servers out there copied their designs from another server ><. Endless chain...
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

l2ue

i hab +10 GB wooth of stoolen peever sirver whoopsites, tat date bak too 2004.

Bat fork yu i sello cheap. $15, no. $5! and $5 dollah more incooled inaages. anada $5 i ad yu lame on whoopsite. ok la?

wate, dun leaf, i make cheap. becruise i nice. $1 becruise i many woopsites. la?

i hab so manly, i can sello 1 sex puur ear n no un nootice.

lul paid sooooorvices.

and that is how threads are born each month.

the end.

"The school of the undefeated East!"
"The winds of the king!"
"Look! The East is burning red!"

xyuki

@l2ue: How long did it take you to come up with that? xD That made my day.

Just kinda sad how they copied it without any changes at all.

Ganondorf

DarkDevine

The one of New World RO looks slightly better than the original imho
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Warock

People have to understand and be responsible that making an original designs is very time consuming and lot of hard works it would be really painful to the original maker of the content when he sees it is copied without even his permission clear disrespect
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Triper

Funny Fact on that website: They really send dvds for free with the client to the entire world? lol

adhelle

we should all ask a DvD and see what happens, rofl

Usagimimi

Really bad lol

If you're going to steal, you don't steal from the official server's site! That's just asking for a lawsuit >:

Triper