The worst form of advertising in the shape of SpringLeaf RO

Started by Cawliflower, Jul 24, 2012, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cawliflower

It's worse when it is the server administrator, which I'm not going to look into because I'm lazy. /swt

Either way, deleted and banned on my FB. Fair warning to other Administrators... watch your Facebooks... lol.

A note to people who advertise on other servers, that is by far (without a doubt) the worst method and approach you can take. Players see that as kind of pitiful and it makes your server look terrible.

Screenshot attached.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Yukino

I think it is probably the Administrator who advertised lol... Based on the forums (which I did not register), I clicked on the staff membergroup below and saw only 1 staff member registered.

Seriously, we've heard of so-called "players" advertising on Facebook, but wow, a deliberate attempt to advertise on other servers' Facebook groups by a server Administrator.

Lol, you kept me unbored for a few minuntes ;D. And yes, I agree that this is one of the worst forms of advertisement that a server can take. Don't advertise on other servers' Facebook group pages -- advertise through RO-related forums (not other servers' forums either) such as RMS's, voting sites, etc. Create forum events or whatever to get your own players to invite their friends and whatnot.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Yuzo

-Una-

I have seen that same ad on a couple of different private server facebook accounts. I know sometimes the players think they are helping when they do things like that, but they are just making the server look bad when they do it. But when the server owner does it, forget it. I would never trust a server owner who would do something so cheezy. There are honest ways of advertising servers.

Triper

"Publicity:
1st step - try to advertise like the others and try to get your space in the community
2nd step - if the 1st fails, change to a more aggressive way and start to give something as a reward to stablish your space
3rd step - if everything fails, play dirty and invade the space of the others with advertise until someone finds you
4th step - hide!! everything failed and you're totally screwed now for using 3rd step
5th step - now that you understand how life is, stick to 1st and 2nd steps only, have a nice day"

4th step achieved, someone got screwed !!

PS - Gotta love my teacher of history at the 9th grade for this lol

DeuxeVonL

Usually, it's players.

Now admins are in on the act. Lol. Not surprised though.

jblazer

LOL.. he must get all the b****

HAHAHAHH  /heh

Cawliflower

Nothing against the server, the topic title was just for lulz.

I just don't really appreciate, in my opinion, DEFACING my server with another server or horrible graphics... yeah, lol.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

DeuxeVonL

I find this funny. I was reading reviews and noticed a particular review:
lolz i just played here for 1 day. the server is so lag, no gm that host events. old players always pick on newbies since it pk server. and the admin orders his gms to advertise on other ro fb groups which is so stupid. i say dont ever play this server, so waste of time lolz i didn't even last for 2 hrs in playing this server. i rpeat, waste of time server dont play!

Of course, I'm not saying it's true. However, the evidence is rather... compelling.

Yes, the review is for Springleaf.

Yukino

Lol, nice find XD. Or, should I say, what a sad find XD.

He probably participated in the advertising himself as well... Maybe. Either way, that's pretty discrete -- intentional advertising on other server's FB pages lol. Tsk tsk tsk.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!