The truth about NOVARO

Started by barragazz, Jan 02, 2019, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeePee

Quote from: newkidontheroad on Jan 10, 2019, 06:36 AM
well usually i dont wanna involved in this kind of thing but novaro right now just 1.8k+ not even 2k players...and that 1.8k including lots and lots of offline vendors tho...sometimes im curious the actual amounts of players in this server.... /hmm

The more players a server has, the more vendors. That's just the way it goes. It's nothing new and should not come as a surprise to anyone.

And yes, the population on pretty much every private server has dropped the past months. It's all due to the release of RO Mobile.

AyleenDancer

What does it have to do capitalism with bad administration of a server.

I think that most of us here will agree that hardworking must be rewarded when it comes to RO. But that's exactly what's not happening on Nova since the last updates. It have changed for bad.

The nerfing of items, the lack of progression and the grind required, they all have reached so absurd levels that is even worse than officials now.

So much so that several guilds and important players left during the last year.

Quote from: misterj on Jan 09, 2019, 10:58 AM
this thread is a novaro gm team psyop to make nova look more rational and his detractors look like drooling s***. don't believe the lie$ ppl.

Sure, with the GM of that server using one of his multiple accounts to rage answer and calling his slaves to support him, they look awesome.

raphat

Good morning people.

When a thread starts as "The truth of X" you already know that it is going to be a biased rant about X. This one was no exception.

I am a new player, I have been around for about 1 month and I can give here my impressions, the good and the bad that I have found in Nova.
This is the point of view of someone who has played for several years in the top guilds of iRO and in diverse private servers, both eathena and Aegis.

Pros:
- Great community. I have been supported in 2 seconds ALWAYS by both staff and players.
- Absolutely NOT pay to win. Not a single item from Kafra is BiS in any socket. You can obtain Kafra Points just by logging each day.
- Great events, with decent not imbalanced prizes. This shocked me, they found a perfect balance and the minigames are actually fun.
- Support for EU players. It is amazing how without paying extra for a VPN I can play the server from Europe with less than 60 ms. That is simply great and a reason for me to donate.
- Almost no bots. Ok I come from iRO, so anything really seems like no bots, but I have not foudn the first one in the maps that I visit.

Cons:
- As a lot of people say, it is absurd in this episode to play with +7 gear, while you watch guides and youtube videos of people with +14 gears. The game design is not made for playing at this moment with +7/+8 stuff. They are working on that for 2019 Q2.
- A lot of staff and GM, this has never ended up well in any server I played in. If the old ones are not available, they should remve old ones and get new ones, but having 5+ GM's is not something that seems great.
- Some command seems a little bit OP, it gives you the sensation of cheating, but again, maybe I am too biased from playing in Aegis.

Overall, great experience. I am enjoying my time a lot in this server and I hope that it will be even better when Q2 changes arrive.

Have a nice rant.

Lai

Quote from: raphat on Jan 11, 2019, 04:24 AM
Good morning people.

When a thread starts as "The truth of X" you already know that it is going to be a biased rant about X. This one was no exception.

I am a new player, I have been around for about 1 month and I can give here my impressions, the good and the bad that I have found in Nova.
This is the point of view of someone who has played for several years in the top guilds of iRO and in diverse private servers, both eathena and Aegis.

Pros:
- Great community. I have been supported in 2 seconds ALWAYS by both staff and players.
- Absolutely NOT pay to win. Not a single item from Kafra is BiS in any socket. You can obtain Kafra Points just by logging each day.
- Great events, with decent not imbalanced prizes. This shocked me, they found a perfect balance and the minigames are actually fun.
- Support for EU players. It is amazing how without paying extra for a VPN I can play the server from Europe with less than 60 ms. That is simply great and a reason for me to donate.
- Almost no bots. Ok I come from iRO, so anything really seems like no bots, but I have not foudn the first one in the maps that I visit.

Cons:
- As a lot of people say, it is absurd in this episode to play with +7 gear, while you watch guides and youtube videos of people with +14 gears. The game design is not made for playing at this moment with +7/+8 stuff. They are working on that for 2019 Q2.
- A lot of staff and GM, this has never ended up well in any server I played in. If the old ones are not available, they should remve old ones and get new ones, but having 5+ GM's is not something that seems great.
- Some command seems a little bit OP, it gives you the sensation of cheating, but again, maybe I am too biased from playing in Aegis.

Overall, great experience. I am enjoying my time a lot in this server and I hope that it will be even better when Q2 changes arrive.

Have a nice rant.

I was like, good review...until i read "60ms from Europe," playing on a server located in Canada.... xDDD

bonsazon8

WOW. I never thought I'd be reading this from page 1 - to now.

It's like y'all people tryna explain what's so easy to understand and yet your target isn't really wanting to hear anything from all of you. It's ok, really! Cause guess what, it's his right and... and what? IT'S RANT AND RAVE SECTION!

Anyway, to baragz(?), you seem to be so upset with the server. Have you tried playing other servers? I mean, did they give you the satisfaction when you were on NovaRO? I ain't reading back--but I saw a line that goes by: "Would you like to play to a bugged server?" DUDE??? WOULD YOU LIKE THAT??? A BUGGED SERVER?? Imagine Rune Knight's Dragon's Breath scaling it's damage with mAtk? or or let's say Lord of Vermilion getting more hits with more aspd? Yea? I know, that sounds crazy, but it's a bug! But did you know? Gemmed Sallet is actually a bugged headgear? /gg

Again, y'all just making things funnier here. Dear heavens... it's like reading a novel where the obvious antagonist is just denying that he's losing.

(I made an account to reply here, nothing else).

Been here since 2015 and NovaRO's been giving that not-so-kRO feel but in a more english-y way. The game's good, but it wasn't as good as it was before. I dont hate this thread nor the game. toodles!

raphat

Quote from: Lai on Jan 11, 2019, 12:24 PM
I was like, good review...until i read "60ms from Europe," playing on a server located in Canada.... xDDD

/hmm
I joined this cause all euro players got banned from warpportal due to the GDPR

Ara

Quote from: raphat on Jan 11, 2019, 07:37 PM

/hmm
I joined this cause all euro players got banned from warpportal due to the GDPR

Ah... that doesn't actually ping from your computer to the game server, that's the bot's ping to discord or something like that.

lrellok

Thread is a little old, but i will throw my 2 cents in.  There is LITERALLY NOTHING i am aware of that cannot be gotten from continual play.  NOTHING.  you get coins for logging in, and can trade them for the cash shop currency, allowing you to get any item from the cash shop simply by logging in and sitting in pront for an hour.  The OP is an idiot who clearly did not bother looking around the game and asking questions.  I have been in continual contact with the staff on discord for 2 years and found them nothing but helpful. 
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

SoGoneGuy

Moral of the story is that no matter what you will always have haters

raphat

Quote from: Lai on Jan 11, 2019, 12:24 PM
Today is a bad day, but still:

barragazz

iamkitkatbar

$1k to upgrade on an ancient upgrade system
Also Where the population at.

barragazz

Nova basicly lol. Unbanned donator who suck his d. Yack. Just found out all these new rms account is gm team and nova himself, even RMS review nova review his own server lol hahahaha. Want proof? Anytime bro

All negative review will be label as Fake, lie. LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Xarale

Quote from: barragazz on Jan 18, 2019, 07:41 PM
Nova basicly lol. Unbanned donator who suck his d. Yack. Just found out all these new rms account is gm team and nova himself, even RMS review nova review his own server lol hahahaha. Want proof? Anytime bro

All negative review will be label as Fake, lie. LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
You know, I was initially going to lock up this thread due to you bumping it repeatedly with inane rambling, even though the thread has long run its course.  Yet, what you claim this time around interests me, especially the part I've highlighted for you in your quote.

So I'll take you up on your claim, let's see that proof that Nova reviewed his own server on RMS.

I will be locking the thread soon after regardless because it's dragged on long enough at this point.

-X.

Edit: Proof was given in the following two posts, along with clarification from yC herself that this practice is allowed.

misterj

this is something nova readily admits to. hes been copying and pasting his own review for years now.

https://i.imgur.com/GPDxTyA.png
https://i.imgur.com/W5mi4qX.png
https://i.imgur.com/orEzZrr.png
https://i.imgur.com/OpaJY25.png
https://i.imgur.com/JJ6tLXH.png

as far as i can tell, it's not against the rules to do so!

the name outsideheaven has been nova's other alias for years. it's the same one that he'd post about his own server under on reddit before getting banned. see https://www.reddit.com/r/RagnarokOnline/comments/5lzwvg/current_state_of_rragnarokonline_aka_rthatlowrate/dc0f8t9/?st=jr49efea&sh=8b170234

personally i dont really care, yC doesn't bother to admin anymore. this site's mainly for random drama.