The truth about MidiCityRO - current situation

Started by Kyrellia, May 03, 2017, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrew2

With A Smile

Neffletics

I met Cyan when MidiCity was just a concept and was still planning their alpha release. I don't think he'd deceive people and waste all his effort for 250ish USD.

Also Kyriella was my former player in SorinRO and based on my experience, she loves to exaggerate things. She mentioned that she hates drama but she loves to start one. She won't make the drama big, but she'd love to influence other people's perspective.  /ok
solacero rip

Zinnia

Quote from: Neffletics on Jun 27, 2017, 04:15 PM
Also Kyriella was my former player in SorinRO and based on my experience, she loves to exaggerate things. She mentioned that she hates drama but she loves to start one. She won't make the drama big, but she'd love to influence other people's perspective.  /ok

Sounds like any woman ever :troll:

Kris

Kyriella sounds like wifey material, DM me if you're single & ready to mingle
2k21 Return

Blinzer

the original post actually kind of gave away that the whole "problem" was invented, it's just a shame i only saw this now

gotta love weebs

Kyrellia

Quote from: Neffletics on Jun 27, 2017, 04:15 PM
I met Cyan when MidiCity was just a concept and was still planning their alpha release. I don't think he'd deceive people and waste all his effort for 250ish USD.

Oh really? please tell me more about that -.- (not.)

Zinnia

Quote from: Kyrellia on Jul 07, 2017, 09:20 AM
Oh really? please tell me more about that -.- (not.)

hello from the other side

dgrey

Alrighty,
it's probably about time to clear the air on this situation, and solve any misinterpreted information presented.

Yes, several issues were corrected with the admins return and funds were finally traced back in regards to gepard and server hosting.

The team had a meeting during Cyan's dissapearance, disclosing many more topics which unfortunately weren't resolved or corrected by his return. Due to these issues he actually stepped down from administrator.

I went on hiatus as stated; and returned within 5 weeks. The project was desolate, and clearly abandoned.

I actually waited an extra month to receive some form of response from any of the remaining team, ex-admin or beta players/testers

Catching up on everything, discovered that almost everything financial was still in arrears, and I no longer retained access to the staffs' Paypal Account. However, I could follow all transactions made through the linked main staff email.
Our ex-admin had withdrawn all remaining funds into his personal account at this point.

Later, after finally reassembling the team and chasing up multiple paid outstanding jobs the team were waiting on for further development. In which I personally paid for in the past through the Staff Paypal. I then find that every single job was refunded in full back to our ex-admins' personal PayPal account.
There's also several other outstanding bills as well, certain providers of already done jobs were only paid at most half of what was owed to them, and I've now been forced to cover these expenses out of pocket to keep the project alive.

In total from what I can trace, after considering a hefty personal loan to Cyan, and all refunds from outside jobs, including all donations and outstanding bills. Cyan managed to smuggle out 800USD+ in hand from abandoning the project, whilst leaving behind roughly 700USD+ in outstanding bills and moneys owed; not just to myself, but also a fellow supporter of the project.

Taking over this project has certainly not been an enjoyable experience. Certainly not for some of the passionate members of staff who've been with the project for so long and invested so much into it's customization.
I have given my word to them that this project will release despite what's occurred, and how central most our internal struggles base around a particular character who's greed nearly buried everyones passion and enjoyment with this server.

Personally I'd vote to have him HoS'd. I can certainly supply all evidence to back up everything stated as factual. However, it doesn't look like he'll ever return considering his last movements on this forum was in May, and any attempts of contacting him result in the cold shoulder. No matter who attempts to talk to him.

I'd like to invite everyone back who's left the community to just give us another go.

I can say with clear certainty that the project will release by late October / early November. Most likely sooner actually!

The direction of the server has changed a tad now, and many new features are being implemented at a fast and steady pace.
We have a whole new Discord, Website, Forum, Patcher, and a new team name for the project. Do come and stay up to date! + Now Drama free~

https://discord.gg/eDtVz3v

Thank you once again.
My regards
Grey

Evin