the biggest reason not to join talonRO!

Started by Thoth, Jun 08, 2013, 01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bue

Quote from: munchies1 on Jun 09, 2013, 08:58 PM
Most does not mean all. The server I play on has been running since 2004, only wiped once 2 years ago. And is non-profit. You players should reconsider what servers you decide to spend your time on.

Non-profit means that the server is breaking even on its operating cost, i.e. resources for dedicate servers and time spent maintaining and developing the server, with remaining money spent on future expense.

No such donation type servers exist because:
1) Private servers tend to justify donation driven incentives by falsely inflating the real cost of the server.
2) Private servers are not  legitimate businesses, which means whoever is managing the finance needs to justify his risk with money; were talking taxes and how the money came to be.
3) Non-donation type servers don't exist because someone needs to sacrifice time and money for the benefit of players who will take you for granted. This means that the server owners needs to have some incentive (money) to run the server in the first place.

In the end, players want self-sacrificing administrators for running their servers and producing content, but they don't want the donation-driven incentives and the pressure to donate. You can't have both; self sacrificing admins and content producers.

DeePee

Quote from: DeePee on Jun 09, 2013, 03:18 PM
*thinks of actually writing a decent reply to munchies1*
*looks through his post history*
*figures he's an elitist troll and decides it's not worth the effort*

Munchies' post history speaks for itself. No point arguing with the likes of him really.

Topic got pretty off-topic as well by the way. There are hundreds of servers out there. Feel free to choose one of them. Thousands enjoy TalonRO. Let's leave those people in their value mkay?

Bue

Quote from: DeePee on Jun 09, 2013, 09:19 PM
Munchies' post history speaks for itself. No point arguing with the likes of him really.

Topic got pretty off-topic as well by the way. There are hundreds of servers out there. Feel free to choose one of them. Thousands enjoy TalonRO. Let's leave those people in their value mkay?

This isn't off-topic for one reason:
RoseTea argues that players shouldn't play on TalonRO due to the donation driven incentives; Talon Coins.

If you're going to defend TalonRO, then you can :
1) state that Talon Coins are for profit (worse option)
2) justify the donation incentive (there are many creative options)
3) shut up and call off supporters (best option)
(red = consultant advice)

DeePee

Bue

Quote from: DeePee on Jun 09, 2013, 09:30 PM
Is RoseTea the topic starter? Nope.

That isn't how it works unfortunately.

DeePee

Sure it is. Topic is about GTB card. RoseTea can make his own topic about whatever if he so wishes. Not that it has any point doing so.

Bue

I must have missed all the replies about the GTB card.

Though I did read what OP said.

munchies1

Quote from: Bue on Jun 09, 2013, 09:13 PM
You can't have both; self sacrificing admins and content producers.

Didn't have to go full retard, this sentence covers your whole post. And plenty of GM's spent time to give content, because they've been doing it for years. So they don't need to invest all their time into it anymore, instead a professional team can spend a few hours a week on it and still have 100+ active. It's time management and priorities that matter.

You players should consider if joining TalonRO is the right choice because all I see are GM's who don't understand the game very well and rely on your money to keep them working. It will end up shutting down like every other server once it starts to die down. And they'll start over with a new name and fresh server all over again.

Quote from: DeePee on Jun 09, 2013, 09:19 PM

Yup you're right thousands enjoy it, but also in mainstream media the general population all enjoys what most people consider bad music, bad movies, and terrible opinions. People just follow the herd, and this herd is leading them to a crappy server.

TalonRO doesn't care about you and only wants MONEY. If the population decreases it will shut down.

DeePee

Yeah page 1 had a  few replies regarding it. We have a few people on a crusade against TalonRO though who like to barge in on any topic and voice their never-ending same concerns over and over again. Cannot be helped sadly.

Too bad the topic got taken over by even worse trolls like munchies now who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Bue

Good thing you're here to police the thread, fine discussion were having about the GTB card.

I <3 TalonRO. <- Sarcasm, in case mistaken.

DeePee

Cawliflower

In a perfect world, we could all be friends and get along.

GTB so weaksauce.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

DeePee

Bue

I thought in a perfect world, entropy diffusion(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe) comes to an end and everybody dies.

Cawliflower

Quote from: Bue on Jun 09, 2013, 09:54 PM
I thought in a perfect world, entropy diffusion comes to an end and everybody dies.
You're totally off-topic. I was trying to steer this horse back into a lighter direction.

So, let's talk about the biggest reasons to play TalonRO!
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!