TalonRO wahwah

Started by tokoroko, Jan 23, 2015, 01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokoroko

probably won't get many views cause it's not really a negative (as a whole) review, but I did have some bad experiences here, from community (not my fault and IS my fault times) to Game managers.

Availability - Always up, they're getting a new host as I write this, so it should be even faster in a few months/month.
Stability - Lag. Can't be helped i guess.

Community
Friendliness - about as friendly as it gets, and about as offensive as it gets. Rules in effect leave little room for discrepency in most cases, but in some cases, it's up to the GM's to make decisions on what discipline to hand out, which can be frustrating.
Eventfulness - Things to do, places to go, mobs to kill. Really good content here for a RO server.

Game managers
Friendliness - Wide variety of personalities here, but they all fall into the same culture mind, which keeps things rolling and keeps changes coming in as far as customization and tweaking (GOOD), but also means there's no second opinion on matters, no one to speak up when things ain't quite right, or if they have a different opinion/view then they aren't empowered enough to take action in the first place so they don't say anything and just nod and go along, which is what you want in a GM you're hiring, but not in a person who can possibly ban you or unban you. Also, can be snarky. Like, not friendly. lol. I guess I as a player am too. Touche.
Eventfulness - Events, all the time, yay. Did some, range from fun to not-so-interesting. Yay
Availability - Online all the time if you need help. Did I mention bans?

Economy - Fluxuates. Mostly really good. For the donators/grind-10-hours-a-day guys, really good. Prices reasonable here. Non-donators will have a tough time starting out, is to be expected on any server, but here it's just really obvious that a Kaho horn steps you up into the real game, where you can feel accomplished after grinding for 2 hours vs feeling like you'll never get there.
Guild competition - Good. Big guilds. Drama. Sometimes 1-sided. Don't see much else out there as far as this goes, so yeah... its okay.
Class Balance - Has seen better days. Nerf upon nerf though, all to get PvM to a certain level, which sucks for me cause that's like 90pct of my game time here

I got this guy from Australia perma-banned though, I kinda got him in trouble when I broke the rules and gave him my information, then he got banned for a really long time for using it and marketing items from my account when I logged in saw my stuff was gone and reported it. Proceeded to curse out the server owner (Black Talon) and got perma banned. I'd rather that not at all have happened. I cheated the guy and got cheated. Still didn't get those items back, paid a hundred bucks plus for that e-peen. Long time ago.

So why am I bothering with the review if everything's alright? cause it ain't (forum posts will explain all)
Check the links below
*background* As is with servers up for years, veteran players end up sticking together in groups, and some groups are more **** than others. This particular player (Sachi, Joline, Kahli, whatever) had it out for me that day, and made sure to get me banned from global chats by reporting this screenshot in the forums, among other ones in which a total of 5 or 6 players were banned/muted at different degrees. Why I ask, did she even bother doing this? Seems sorta pretentious, as pretentious as me posting this review I suppose.
Eliminate your enemies I guess, but I have had no dealings with this player up to this point.

Take that back. I said something else in main along the lines of-

Tally: yaaaay Krampus come Spank me~
Sachi*: Dude, keep that to yourself, Tally.
Tally: Sachi need spanking too?
Sachi*: Seriously
GM PERSON:she does.
Sachi*: Oh lordy
GM PERSON: Yes
GM PERSON: You may call me like that
etc etc.

That's on a screenshot now-
Which this player uses as a forum signature! The two-sided nature of these GM decisions (not to ban me on the first comment when such was directed AT THE OTHER PLAYER, then to ban me on the second comment when IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM, but they reported me, so OH GOTTA BAN U FOR THE VET GIRL) has me baffled and exposes yet further the reality of the matter---

If you don't like it, don't play. If they don't like YOU (or someone they care for doesn't like you) don't play.
Rules take no account here. They're gonna be human and biased and defensive and short-sighted like anyone else, and they'll let it spill into their disciplinary actions on the server. They ARE however legit players (if they even play, a lot of game managers don't), no 'c' word here (itemcorruption).

Below I've posted the whole thing, it's way less exciting than you'd expect, no cursing or whatever.
But it does raise the question, why the GM is just be willy nilly with their decisions like this, seemingly moody.

Report on forum from player Kahli
https://forum.talonro.com/index.php?topic=69353.0
Specific Screenshot of my ?breaking the rules? or getting sniped because someones having a bad day and the GM has a crush on them.
http://i.imgur.com/jrOJf1r.jpg
The time the GM ignored my directed comments (phew) and exposed his feelings (gross, huehue)
http://i61.tinypic.com/2im2u7k.jpg
My support ticket to get unbanned
Spoiler
I was banned from global chats for innapropriate comments in !Main.

I.e. saying "wet your willy"
another player took this as a sexual reference, and that is unfortunately up to their sensibilities
althought it was not intended in that manner and is not against any rules, whatsoever,
but the GM who placed the ban bit the bait. This is messed up.
[GM] PERSON:
January 23, 2015, 05:00:55 AM   
You can request a lift of your global chat ban in two weeks from today. Another HighGM will review your request and act accordingly then.

Best regards,
Boreas
[close]
Second Support ticket, with long-written appeal from me, and game manager
Spoiler
The player who has reported me even has a signature with lewd comments in it that 'I' made in main chat that day on another character, and the player was offended, saying "Dude keep that to yourself", but instead the GM comes on and encourages it, lightheartedly, because they knew no offense was being intended and no rules were being broken. I wasn't bombarding this player with sexual fantisies, offensive language, or attacking their person/character/name or anything about them, in-game or out. It was at MOST a simple misunderstanding, something I typed that someone else didn't like.

*posting screenshot for the full conversation, the silliness to report it matches the silliness of the comments*

So why was I banned from global chats this time?  The comment of "wet your willy" is hardly sexual, has no references to sex acts or bodily functions/parts, besides it's original meaning, which is to have something to drink. Having something to drink, well if you're mind takes you down a dark road from there, so be it, but it's a matter of discretion to keep it on subjects that are wholesome.

This is messed up, when all day long players joke about having "woodies", woodie this woodie that, and no one bats an eye-lash because they are the same pool of players who congregate and fellowship together, and seem to be a part of a tight-knit group. Why should they be looked over for their indiscretion (harmless fun, in my opinion), when other players are singled out? You know it to be so, when you look at main, that if any single player has a problem with someone in that group, they are singled out, and members of this pseudo group will defend one another and cast out remarks about the other player, casting them as a villain with no class etc etc. This is a part of any online game I suspect but it doesn't make sense for the admin groups to then come in and take actions like this, virtually affirming that groups mental and in-game dominance over public communication channels. I have no love for Sachi or whoever and I doubt that player has any love for my kind either, but as long as we're in the same game we might as well get along. I don't think it was actually me who cast the first stone to create a hostile environment. Just try to see it from my perspective?

I understand, and believe me I do, that a GM has to use their own perceptive powers to decide what corrective action to take in the event of a ban/mute/appeal. As a player, you have to use your perception to make all kinds of decisions in whotake in the event of a ban/mute/appeal. As a player, you have to use your perception to make all kinds of decisions in who you deal with and who you don't and why. I would ask what level of mercy was doled out in this case, and why the specific action was taken.

Again, who really threw the first stones to make this into a big shawoop here? Was it the guy who said something innocuous in main or the guy who reported them with every intention to inflict discomfort, get someone in trouble and otherwise cause a really bad day?
[close]

Still gonna log in on Saturday for non-trans WoE (woo) and maybe win the castle this time.
Cheers?

Zhin

With the massive number of GMs TalonRO has for its playerbase, it shouldn't be surprising that their discipline ingame for players will be inconsistent. Like, they just hired uh... ten? new GMs all in one swoop. Kinda madness if you ask me, but it seems to work well enough for them?

Definitely weird that someone has it on their signature on the forums, though, hahah.

Kitty Batman

Quote from: tokoroko on Jan 23, 2015, 01:31 AM
[GM] PERSON:
January 23, 2015, 05:00:55 AM   
You can request a lift of your global chat ban in two weeks from today. Another HighGM will review your request and act accordingly then.

Best regards,
[GM] PERSON

fail censor

IDK, seems you guys know too much perverted slangs. In any case, I researched it and it is somewhat inappropriate but it's not vulgar. Definitely not worth a 2-week ban(minimum) from !main.

Meaning

tokoroko

never seen that urban dictionary definition, pretty funny. Yeah, check the forum post, guys who were in main before me were just outright using curse words and stuff, didn't log in until way after all that.

As of today, all my accounts are banned "Banned for Investigation", which is just telling me that the GM doesn't like me and wants to be a jerk and keep me off the game until they feel like letting me play, when I haven't broken the rules to warrant such.

I have one other forum account for my little brother who is in 4th grade, and the GM is using that as evidence because it's also linked to my e-mail account, evidence that I am trying to troll them and start a flame war on their site witha second account, I'm sure of this.

exii

Dont give anybody a reason to give a penalty and you are fine.
Srsly, this is why I hate social fggts and their 1st world problems.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Sachimi

Thank you for such an entertaining review. FYI, sexual comments that are direct and also disgusting are not tolerated on a server that has such strict rules about what is allowed on !main. They want !main to be appropriate for all players of all ages. The forum, public chat, etc have much more lax rules than !main does. If my signature was inappropriate for the forum, it would be removed. I put it in my signature because it was funny. If you think it's inappropriate for my signature, then you must also believe it was in appropriate for !main, but you also seem to think it was okay to say it in the first place. Pick a side here, dude, and don't be a hypocrite saying the GMs are inconsistent as well.

Also, I had no idea you were Tally too, and honestly I don't give a crap. I do not go after any specific players, I just report what I see if I think it crossed a line. I myself have been muted before, and am not liked by the GM team. Zero favours are given to me. You said there's no corruption, but implying that I get special treatment from the GMs is the definition of corruption.

Oh, and Boreas ( the GM whose name you 'censored'? ) is the head administrator of the server. He does as he wishes, but is fair. He determined that instead of a mute, you deserved to have your !main privileges taken away. He can go back and look through the logs for the !main chat, so I'm guessing he saw more of your inappropriate commentary. You can clearly see in the topic that I did not say "OMG BAN PLS", and I have not spoken to Boreas or any other GM about it. It's completely up to him what punishment is handed out. I did not in any way try to get you or anyone else banned ( though the racial slurs definitely deserved a severe punishment ).

Finally, this is the Woodie we keep talking about. It's not a penis metaphor like you seem to think.

tokoroko

Quote from: exii on Jan 23, 2015, 05:39 PM
Dont give anybody a reason to give a penalty and you are fine.
Srsly, this is why I hate social fggts and their 1st world problems.

What? lol

Anyway, you guys suck.

exii

Quote from: tokoroko on Jan 23, 2015, 07:17 PM
What? lol

Anyway, you guys suck.
Why you bother posting here then? lol
I also would insta-ban annoying pricks like you just to prevent lots of annoying, unnecessary trouble about absolute nonsense topics.

If this is also your behavior ingame there are absolutely no doubts that you proudly earned your bans.

Blu

Quote from: tokoroko on Jan 23, 2015, 07:17 PM
What? lol

Anyway, you guys suck.

Thats why u got banned ....

tokoroko

Quote from: exii on Jan 23, 2015, 08:21 PM
Why you bother posting here then? lol
I also would insta-ban annoying pricks like you just to prevent lots of annoying, unnecessary trouble about absolute nonsense topics.

If this is also your behavior ingame there are absolutely no doubts that you proudly earned your bans.

Why are you even here? Have you anything to add to the topic or conversation besides expressing your disdain for me, a person you don't know? The internet has made another tough guy, hooray.

All of you, I'm allowed to express how I feel on this forum, this is in fact the exact place to discuss these sorts of things. You're hardly making TalonRO look like a good server with a good community, and in fact I still do play there and enjoy myself while I do.

If it's your job, in your mind, to defend the server from pricks like me, you're failing at your job and should be fired. The GM doesn't need you to defend his reasons for any disciplinary action, in what circumstance would it make sense for you to have to do that?

Sachimi, I do think it's okay to say both of those things in main, that's why I said them. Thanks for mostly behaving yourself.

exii, you're a troll and a b****. checked your post history for less than 20 seconds, fun stuff there.

Blu, thanks for coming.

Moderator, please close this topic soon.

exii

I registered here to release my grf. That was the main reason.
But when I saw that rms became such a trash board because of social fggts like you, I just start attacking just everything and show you how irrelevant your s*** just is.
Also, I never would play bullcrap servers like talon. Its your own fault if you are wasting your time there.