TalonRO rules enforcement

Started by gateux, Jul 16, 2013, 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gateux

Hi guys,

So I have been playing RO on and off for the past.. 10 years? Both official and private servers. I happened to chance upon TalonRO about a month ago, and have been addicted ever since. There is not a single day in the past month that I did not log on to play for at least a while. Only problem I have with them is the way they dish out their punishments.

I have been muted once for kill-stealing, 720 minutes. That was the first turn off for me, as I was not provided evidence of who I ks-ed, because honestly, I did not ks anyone intentionally. I sent in a support ticket, but the GMs just brushed me off.

Now, I have been banned for a leech scam. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I'm guessing its that I offered leech and scammed someone to give me their money and not perform the service for them? I am not sure because I have not only been blocked from the game, but also the entire website and forum. I mean, if you ban me from access to every feature, how am I supposed to send in a support ticket to find out what's going on, or to explain myself?

Not to say that donating makes me above the law, but it makes no sense that I would scam someone of what.. 2m zeny, when I have donated around 300+ USD to the server for my equipments and all. That's around half a thousand dollars at my home country. I spent so much money to be one day simply banned, from everything. I mean like, I'm feeling so lost now, can't even go to the forum and seek any help. No chance given to question or explain anything.

My point is, just because someone reports you, or has a screenshot even, doesn't mean that you should directly be punished. In many cases, maybe so, but situations where scamming is involved, I feel that the GM should also inform you of the situation, and see if you have a valid reason or if there was a misunderstanding. By just banning you totally from even the website and forums, it is a little unfair and extreme, even.

If I did wrong, I have no qualms being punished. But I would just like to know who is it I allegedly scammed, and also a chance to give my side of the story. If you guys can see from my story how I am at fault, please feel free to just comment. I would really like to know the problem here. Thank you.

Boreas

The message tells youe everything you have to know. While you think that we should inform scammers first before banning them, I don't think we should. You agreed to the rules, if you scam someone then you get banned. That's simply how it is.

Good luck finding a new server and all the best.

gateux

Hi Boreas,

My main concern is actually whether or not there was a misunderstanding, as I was suddenly banned when I don't even know what I did. As far as I know, I didn't scam anyone and if you look at my account, you will see that there was no reason to do so. For those leeches I disconnected from, I gave the players a refund when they PMed me. I got all my money and equipments solely from talon coins which I paid for. Please advise.

Thank you.

Boreas

People are never IP banned from the forum/website/panel. However, due to the nature of SMF bans you have to clear your cookies or use a different browser before you can register a new account.

That way you can submit a support ticket and ask for the reason of your ban.

gateux

Hi GM Boreas,

Thank you for the reply. I will do that. Hope to clear this misunderstanding soon. Thank you once again. :)

Playtester

I can understand banning someone directly ingame rather than first talking with him, but why would you also ban him from forums? Most servers have an appeal section even.

Boreas

Due to the nature of how our account management system works. All ingame accounts are attached to a single forum account, thus we usually ban everything on one go. In most cases (~90%) people simply create a new account and submit a ticket, we never had problems with this before.

Also, other serves may have whatever they want but we do not have an 'appeal section'. People aren't banned without clear evidence and investigation, I never had to unban someone again because of a false decision. Usually players claim that their brother/neighbour/dog/ipod did whatever they got banned for, but luckily our rules state that you are fully responsible for your account and all actions done.

Sidenote: the topic starter was given one week to resolve the situation, during that time he was ingame every day but didn't mail back the victim. What else should I do? Give them five weeks? No, srsly.

gateux

In all honesty, there was no prompt of new mail and I can't be expected to check it every single time I log on as I wasn't expecting any mail. I did all I could but apparently the logs say otherwise, and there was no benefit of the doubt. You asked for someone to validate my words, I gave you a few names you could check my story with as a character referee, you then said it was a different case. I spent 500 dollars on this game 3-4 days before the ban, and there was nothing done for proper closure. Sigh.

Boreas

Nothing done for proper closure? I spent three hours on your case! I clearly explained to you why you were banned, all you did was admitting that you broke the rules and made up excuses.

Seriously, good luck finding a better server then. This is ridiculous.

Bye.

gateux

What I admitted to was my failure to check the mailbox, and in turn, what you said, ignored the "victim". Which I strongly believe does not warrant a permanent ban. I did not admit to scamming anyone. You asked for people to probably be able to vouch for me, but you just brushed those aside as separate cases when I gave you names.

I appreciate and am grateful for your time but in actual fact, you had already labelled me right from the start and was inevitably biased in your judgement.

Boreas

Quote from: gateux on Jul 17, 2013, 10:45 AM
You asked for people to probably be able to vouch for me, but you just brushed those aside as separate cases when I gave you names.

Never did I ask you for that. You told me that you would be able to prove that those mails were sent from your side but failed to do so. So in the end it was your word against the server logs, I will rather believe the serverlogs.

Anyway, you stay banned, this case is closed for me. It's the same s*** over and over and I am not up for that. 8DDDDDDDD

gateux

According to attached image, if someone can prove my words are true. Isn't it there, last paragraph?

Boreas

Oh oops, that was a typo. The 'someone' doesn't make any sense in that sentence, I meant to say 'somehow'.

I don't want to continue the ticket discussion on this forum tho. I told you that you stay banned.

There are plenty of other servers in the RMS database, I suggest you look for a new one and don't break the rules there again. All happy. 8DDD

potatopie

QuoteThere are plenty of other servers in the RMS database, I suggest you look for a new one and don't break the rules there again. All happy. 8DDD

So professional.

Ontopic: Why would you donate to talonRO?

Boreas

How's that on topic?

Also, I tried to stay professional in those support tickets with him, but after hours of argumentation I am just tired of it. Lol