TalonRO, Guest Ban, Scam Attempt

Started by ZenNaari, Apr 09, 2013, 04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenNaari

I haven't ever done anything with TalonRO and when I clicked on the website I got this message...

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Scam attempt
This ban is not set to expire.
Back

Help?

yC

This should go to Talon RO's support area, you sound like you are looking for help from them rather than from RMS.  I believe they have a support ticket system where you can get help from not sure if that works if you are banned. 

But I see someone want to reply to you here, i'll let this go to the rant and rave section for now.

DeePee

My guess is that ZenNaari is from an Asian country where IP addresses more or less change on a daily basis. It's entirely possible that he got an IP address that is banned on our forums. Generally restarting your modem and clearing your cookies solves these issues.

Decist

I used to get the same error before. I just took a couple of days off and things worked out the way I want.

sheena

Quote from: DeePee on Apr 09, 2013, 06:08 AM
My guess is that ZenNaari is from an Asian country where IP addresses more or less change on a daily basis. It's entirely possible that he got an IP address that is banned on our forums. Generally restarting your modem and clearing your cookies solves these issues.
That makes IP ban useless
The image in the avatar is from RivalRO and I am open to server(s) that meets my needs without any stupid player package

DeePee

A lot can happen when a server has been up for over 6 years. Could have been a static IP address the moment it got banned.

Triper

Quote from: sheena on Apr 12, 2013, 02:22 AM
That makes IP ban useless
Not useless but it's how things work nowadays. If you've net through ADSL[as long as it's not a static ip[here only companies can get that in ADSL packs]], you can easy change it easy as a turn net off, wait 30 seconds, turn net on. There is even cmd commands for this if you configure DHCP and stuff at your modem/router/etc and I'm sure that there are some programs around that are capable of the same without the need of plug out/in.

Because of stuff like this, Mac IPs do exist[if you've Harmony it's "easy" to do this] and block your pc from accessing the server. But ofc, changing a Mac IP isn't that hard either so it's like a two-edged knife :\