Talonro

Started by Rationality, Feb 19, 2017, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rationality

I've been on this server for years, on and off, always came back, because I liked it. I've made a donation as a form of support, and everything was fine and dandy since. Let me be clear, I like the server setup. It is a good, balanced, and full of opportunities to get items most people get from donations. Perfect, what more can you ask for more? well, they have some internal issues regarding donations. There is a 48 hour waiting period, which is fine, cause hey, evaluations are always necessary. All good. Moving on.

I recently wanted to make another donation to get a few nits I can take advantage of when I'm playing and helping other players cope, so I thought to message them and possibly ask for an early release, seeing as I did donate in the past, I should be in the system. They denied me that, so I thought, alright, I'll just wait twice, no big deal, i'm sure they'll just allow me the pleasure after 48 hours. So, I give them a 48 hour clock, beyond the few hours that I initially waited, so I was at about 50+ hours already. Still nothing. I send them an email, stating I'm put off of donating, but I'd like to know what the issue is, am I being evaluated for some kind of wrong doing?

Apparently, they decided that I am not a legitimate donator and that I will charge back my donation as soon as I get the chance. Now, when I saw this? I asked myself why such a statement had to be made about me. The only thing I ever did on this server, was contribute my time, and a bit of financial support. I came and went over the years, with a CLEAR record. NOTHING. Not even a f*** YOU FAGGOT" 30 day ban. I was clean from arrival.

So then I got thinking, if I'm CLEAR, why in the hell would they deny me?

Moving on, I make a suggestion post, stating their short coming, that it was irrational of them to deny me, seeing as there is NOTHING ON ME that they can pick up and point fingers to. I also stated that it was an irrational act on their part, to just assume without clearly looking at my account. Unfortunately for me, you will not see this post, because it was deleted almost instantly, without a reply or cause to that action. Nothing. Just masking their issues cause it would look bad on them.

That's childish as hell. You run a server like this, and just go on deleting topics, without stating why, then running off and hiding cause you can't handle the reality that your system is based on your own irrational opinion, and that people who really just want to make a simple donation, can't, because you had some bad apples in your tree? That's pathetic as hell. No rational run down of my account, no rational action taken regarding my post, and just masking your stupid short comings cause you think you're flying high on the population tree and don't need to validate anything.

I know a group of adults are running things, but it's hard to comprehend that reality when such actions are taken. It's lazy, it's abusive, it's irrational. Grow up.

As for future donations? I'd honestly think twice donating to these people at this point. Way too much disrespect and lazy reasoning. Why wait for something you can obtain in 2 days anyway?

Xarale

Moving this to Rant & Rave, since this appears to be more of a rant than a server review.

-X.

Tristan

maybe they are more careful regarding donations as many of players abuse it by dispute in paypal.
and this is one of the cons of having a populated server. in my server which is less than 100 players  /omg you can have your donation item in minutes haha
anyway i feel sad for you bro imagine its like you are helping them but in the end they stressed you  /sob

SukiChii

Did you ask them why they didn't consider you a legitimate donor?

It seems to me you were a bit impatient, but I do understand your frustration.
If you already went through an initial check it was was OK, then why go through another?
I have left this server for years and come back, and I was able to donate without any issues.

I do want to see the other side of the coin on this one.

Bakorzero

ahh Talon RO what a nostalgia...
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Mrew2

Someone please insert the " Well that escaled quickly" meme.

On topic: going by your post, you sound pretty irrational, which is ironic considering what you are saying about them, and makes me suspicous of you. I know Talon doesn't have a great rep but it usually goes both ways.

Yurneric

So uh, you got mad because you were put to wait a few extra hours?

Zinnia

Quote from: Tristan on Feb 19, 2017, 10:15 PM
maybe they are more careful regarding donations as many of players abuse it by dispute in paypal.
and this is one of the cons of having a populated server. in my server which is less than 100 players  /omg you can have your donation item in minutes haha
anyway i feel sad for you bro imagine its like you are helping them but in the end they stressed you  /sob

If your terms of services are correctly setup there is no way for a user to dispute their donations on paypal. Paypal will always back you up if you do this right.

Lai

I think, this is a common behavior in human world, not just in Talonro.
Any other community, this can happen.
When things get "misunderstood" or "ignored" or so.

This happens easier for bigger communities, since there are tons of things to handle every day, minute, second...

I think for the player, should understand the part that big server like Talonro, sometimes can ignore a player.

But, the server should also, be more careful with cases like this, it can easily be avoided with an explanation, such as "We are afraid of "dispute"" or "We need more time on your case" etc,
Ignorance is never a good idea.

I learned this lesson, from my previous experience.

So yea, I think ignorance is never good for any community leader.

My 2 cents.

blame20

Injustice everywhere. I also see unfavorable contents in TalonRO to which the population is consistent and making it suspicious, for me atleast. Bills are increasing, expenses are increases, real-world population is increasing, and TalonRO remains 1-2k for 9-10 years.
There's an option for you though. *leave server, study Thai language, and go to Thai server* /heh

Oldschooler

Quote from: Mrew2 on Feb 20, 2017, 03:04 AM
Someone please insert the " Well that escaled quickly" meme.

On topic: going by your post, you sound pretty irrational, which is ironic considering what you are saying about them, and makes me suspicous of you. I know Talon doesn't have a great rep but it usually goes both ways.

What did he say that was irrational?

He's donated before without issue and so he wanted to have his donation points released faster, nothing wrong with that.

Boreas

Quote from: Oldschooler on Feb 20, 2017, 02:13 PM

He's donated before without issue and so he wanted to have his donation points released faster, nothing wrong with that.

I would like to point out that he never actually donated. On TalonRO your accounts need to be approved before you can actually donate. The donation process itself is instant once you are allowed to donate. I don't want people to think that the topic starter spent money but did not receive the credits.

I will not comment on the rest as the staff reserves the right to not accept donations. If we don't want your money then we won't take it. It's that simple.

Mrew2

Quote from: Oldschooler on Feb 20, 2017, 02:13 PM

His demeanor went from calm and collected to rant in a single paragraph. You can see the progression of his emotions as he went through his story. The thing is that it's very strange that he has this big of a reaction, starts assuming a bunch of stuff and then goes on to conspiracy theories. It's not very rational.

Quote from: Boreas on Feb 20, 2017, 02:19 PM
I would like to point out that he never actually donated. On TalonRO your accounts need to be approved before you can actually donate. The donation process itself is instant once you are allowed to donate. I don't want people to think that the topic starter spent money but did not receive the credits.
The weird thing here is that he said he donated before. So, either he's lying or you are. Considering the poster's irrationality, I would think you were telling the truth but I could be wrong.

Boreas

Nobody is lying. He donated years ago most likely, but we recently introduced the donation approval system. He requested to be approved, we declined, that's the story. Now everybody can make out of that whatever he wants.

Lai

Now, that's how a great community leader should reply to a case :D
Clear, simple, and decisive! Something we all should learn!
All hail Boreas!