TalonRo

Started by exeplayer, May 06, 2015, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exeplayer

Hello everyone!

I have been in TalonRO for more than a year now, and I play on a daily basis. I love the server in general and the people are nice (made many in-game friends). Overall this is the best server I ever played and I would gladly give it a 10/10 rating.  /no1

But I have a situation here and I badly need some proper explanation, I hope TalonRO GMs / Administrators will read this.

Well yesterday, I was participating in a particular topic/post in the TalonRo forum. I used the word Raped more than once as substitute for the word Killed/Slaughtered/Farmed/Etc (It's like saying I raped many porings before instead of I killed many porings before. Few hours later I checked the forums and found out that I was banned from using the forums because of my wrong choice of words. The ban is not set to expire so I assume I'm permanently banned from using the forums (Just in the forums, but I wasn't banned in game. I can still log in the game and play like nothing happened).

I honestly applaud your decision to punish me because I was clearly and admittedly guilty of such offense in the forums. But I have a few question:

1. Why ban me permanently? Yes, I said some sensitive words, but I wasn't pertaining to any/a particular person, or anything related to real life. I didn't offend anyone directly by using that word. I was just playing with words to intensify my point. I think I don't deserve such a level of punishment. Yes ban me in the forums, but I think banning me permanently is extremely unjust. How can I read server and guild announcements, or read new guides if I am permanently banned from the forums?

2. Another issue here, after my forum ban I can no longer access the TalonRo website. The webpage says the same everytime I go to the website: "Error.. You are banned from using this forum!... This ban is not set to expire..." errr.. I am not trying to go in the forums-I know I'm banned. I'm just trying to access the panel index to see the selling shops...

Yes I made a forum-related offense. But taking away my privilege to vote and use the server's in-game utilities (like item search, selling shops, buying stores, etc) is a real hit-below-the-belt.Why would I also be banned from voting, have I committed any voting-related offense? Same goes to all website-related stuff other than the forums.  Since I can't access my forum account, I can't even change my passwords or create a new game account in the future. I can't even log in my account to send a support ticket, and say all these stuffs, that's why I'm here.

I asked a friend to check the forums regarding this issue. He said there are no posts/reports in the Reports Archive, No complains from anyone, and my posts which contain the sensitive word were erased. No explanation from any GMs or Forum Administrators.

All of these, because I said Raping spiders and centipedes again? instead of Killing dolomedes and centipedes again?

/wah

DeePee

You were only banned for 7 days. The ban reason also states that it's not a permanent ban, nor are any of your ingame accounts banned. You could have just attempted to contact a GM you know.

exeplayer

uh hmm..

Well then, nevermind my ranting and again I'm deeply sorry for my offense.  /ok

Zhin

Quote from: exeplayer on May 06, 2015, 02:36 AM
Same goes to all website-related stuff other than the forums.  Since I can't access my forum account, I can't even change my passwords or create a new game account in the future. I can't even log in my account to send a support ticket, and say all these stuffs, that's why I'm here.

Looks like he tried to contact a GM, DeePee. XP Coulda contacted ingame, but that's not always effective. Should probably not have all that stuff included in a simple forum ban.

DeePee

Eh, there's always a way to send a support ticket or to contact a GM, no worries.