TalonRO

Started by applecidervinegar, Dec 29, 2013, 12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

applecidervinegar

I'd advise anyone who is interested in this server to choose IRO instead of this.

With all the SQIs, card adjustments and weight adjustments to slim pots. You need to be fully geared in order to stand any fighting chance at all with some of them.

Take a look at Fearless guild. Majority of them donates for supplies and have end game equipments. This guild even raidcalls with GMs. Who knows where they are getting their stuff from.

If you lack any of these at all, you would not even have a chance to fight.

I pity those people who are spending hours and hours every single day farming hoping to become strong and when they do go into pvp, they realise how much they lack because of the way this server is set.

You wanna know how a server is set, just take a look at their pvp/woe. I've said my piece, good luck to anyone who wants to play this server. =]

Triper

Separated this post because is more of a rant then part of the review.

Quote from: applecidervinegar on Dec 29, 2013, 12:34 AM
Take a look at Fearless guild. Majority of them donates for supplies and have end game equipments. This guild even raidcalls with GMs. Who knows where they are getting their stuff from.
This is an hard claim so I am asking about evidence related to that because that I know, there is no problem to talk with gms in raidcall or similar software. It's a practical thing in tons of servers and most of them use irc or ts for that.

DeePee

I'm guessing he's one of the members of this "anti-Fearless" guild called "Weaklings". They semi-stole their guild emblem, stalk them everywhere and accuse all their members of everything. We tend to just ignore those kind of people *shrugs*. Both guilds are just your usual PvP people. You can figure what kind of people you're dealing with.

PinkNoodle

It's true that you need to be fully geared to play Unrestricted tRO correctly, which means either donating thousands of bucks or farming for one/two years non-stop.

But that thing about Fearless is crap. The only person I think donates on Fearless is Ying (The GL) and I'm not even sure about it. Their gears are in no way shape or form more broken than some of the older players (Fraudulent has +10 on everything, including LKH). And as far as I know, Fearless and GMs were never affiliated. I know because I was part of that guild for a while before my ban.

Where do they get their money, you say ? Same way everyone else does : By farming. Fearless does intelligent farming of high end places (Wounded Morroc, Nidhoggr's Shadow...) and sells the loot for high prices. There's no corruption or donating involved and you should stop throwing prejudice at the richer people.

But sure, you don't stand a chance without gears that's worth around 1-1.5b. Sure, you can buy the "lite" version for 600M or so, but you'll have a major disadvantage against everyone else (Less Def, not instacast with weapons other than SQI, less resistances...).

But you know, tRO is mostly a PVM server and most people I've met there never showed any interest whatsoever towards WoE. As much as PVP in tRO is fun, however, it's really hard to gather the strict minimal for it.

On the other hand, you could also play Vanilla despite its noticeable balancing issues.

EDIT :
Quote from: DeePee on Dec 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
I'm guessing he's one of the members of this "anti-Fearless" guild called "Weaklings". They semi-stole their guild emblem, stalk them everywhere and accuse all their members of everything. We tend to just ignore those kind of people *shrugs*. Both guilds are just your usual PvP people. You can figure what kind of people you're dealing with.

As much as I'd like to believe that's what it is, he still raises some essential and correct points : the Unrestricted PVP facet in tRO is airtight and reserved for either donators or an elite of old players.

Whether or not he holds a grudge against a guild in particular doesn't change the fact he's right.

Ein

It's normal if you saw a GM on Raidcall (or any other voice chat applications) since they're being used for social activities. Being a GM doesn't mean invoking their rights to use this applications.

Take GM Azul for example - I see him on Raidcall, and even talked to him there. Did he gave items and equipments to me and my guild? No.

With all the SQIs, card adjustments and weight adjustments to slim pots. You need to be fully geared in order to stand any fighting chance at all with some of them.

If you lack any of these at all, you would not even have a chance to fight.

I pity those people who are spending hours and hours every single day farming hoping to become strong and when they do go into pvp, they realize how much they lack because of the way this server is set.

I have to disagree with this. I knew a bunch of people who's great at PvP that went through everyday 24/7 farming. And those people you called "fully-geared" also worked hard for it in 1 - 2 years. Everyone started with nothing, they persevered and became powerful the way they are now.

Maybe you're just a little bit lazy with farming, or you can't accept the fact that they're stronger than you.
too lazy to design a siggy

Decist

I used to play in their server until our guild (Zero Gravity) broke because of GMs being biased. They even allow the editting of sprites which give players unfair advantage. (eg. like making the stalker appear big and making the casting text look bigger). It's in the other guilds' WoE vids as evidence for them to see and provide necessary actions.

We have reported this issue and yet they did nothing about it and claimed that it is fine to do.

And during the trash talking spree, our guild used to get trash talked a lot by our rival guilds due to winning constantly back then. When we fire back that is when they engage in muting us and ignore the other side. Maybe because the other side are full of donors. Probably because money talks! They hesitate on touching high paying people I suppose. They do not provide equal justice to players here.

Even I got reported for ksing a monster accidentally and got muted right after. When I reported that I got ksed and provided the evidence that matched the situation of the evidence provided by my reporter when I got muted, they claimed that my evidence isn't enough.

I maybe be wrong here, I am just speaking some of the things that we have experienced. Anyway, Merry Christmas

DeePee

Uhm, you and me both know that's nonsense. I personally hang out with former Zero Gravity members occasionally (even when the guild was still active) and the guild had plenty of problems (especially with the guild leader).

I'd like you to point me to the rules page or a forum post where we say that such sprite or text modifications are not allowed. You won't find that as we have not made such a thing. That means such modifications are allowed. The fact that you didn't think of them is your own fault. Not to mention, it's a fact that you and your own guild also use GRF modifications to minimize effects, simplify textures, et cetera. This is exactly the same thing. Why would we need to take action on something that isn't against the rules? Just because you don't like it? Right.

During and after WoE, plenty of trashtalking happens. However it's funny when you say "we fire back" when it's often Zero Gravity (and especially the guild leader) who trashtalk on !main. It's also interesting how you say that only your guild was muted and no one else was. Every person caught breaking the rules will be dealt with equally and people have been punished plenty of times on all guilds.

Let me set some things straight: we don't give a damn which guild you are in. We don't care which guild wins. We don't care how big people's e-peens get for killing sprites in WoE or PvP. All we care about is to run this server, which we have done for nearly 7 years now. Guilds come and go. Your guild, Zero Gravity, is just one of those hundreds of guilds. It's such a waste of our time to bother with petty guild drama. It really is.

Secondly, we don't care if people donate when it comes to breaking the rules. Donating does not grant anyone immunity to the rules. We have muted and banned plenty of big donators because they broke the rules. Just because you assume something doesn't mean it's true. I also heard plenty of rumours that Zero Gravity is full of Real Money Traders. Does this mean it's true? No clue. Perhaps it is! But according to your logic, it must be true and we must ban half of that guild. However, without evidence, we do not act. Simple as that.

Everything depends on what evidence one is able to deliver. If you've been muted for KSing and the person you reported was not, that's only because you did not supply sufficient evidence. I suggest you read our Reporting Guidelines topic before making such claims.

Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas :)

Aipotz

Since the last two posts have been personal, lemme be personal with my response as well.  I've been an active player in TalonRO since April 2011 and I've never been inactive, nor have I sought other games.  I really love Ragnarok Online and TalonRO pretty much suits my RO taste.  I've formed the guild Zero Gravity with my hubby IRL as the main leader/ecaller.  Reading these last two posts made me feel the need to reply.

About trashtalking, yes the guild leader is joining the trashtalk in !main.  He strongly believes trashtalk is necessary in every game, that it'll make you better as a player, and that it'll make you up your game.  But what you don't know is that players from opposing guilds send him PMs during WoE, trashtalking him.  He doesn't bother reporting 'cause he thinks it's a waste of time.  What you also don't know is that, the "haters" (but I would prefer to call them "fans", LOL) always name-drop him in their hater posts, trying their very hard to piss him off so he would react and get muted.  I even heard their ultimate goal was to have him banned. So they keep on doing what they do, hoping Sy Devore gets banned because of this.  Clever kids.  Yes, Sy Devore is wrong because he trashtalks in !main.  But lemme just tell you he's not the one starting the fire.  Anyway, let's forget that now.

When Decist said the GMs are biased, it was based on his own personal experiences.  The word "bias" sounds very subjective to me, since it's normal to misinterpret things especially when they don't go your way.  Each player, donator or not, can easily see something which will make them judge GMs as biased.  But I won't say Decist doesn't point out a problem here.

I think the problem lies with having so few GMs handling thousands of support tickets and forum posts.  This is a clear misproportion considering you also have your personal lives.  We would easily think GMs would just ignore our tickets 'cause you have a lot to handle.  When that happens, that's when you get branded as "biased".  Not only the misproportion, I think you also don't have a clear cut way of handling grave matters, as evidenced by some players already being banned, but for some reason they get unbanned after some time.  If it's lack of evidence, maybe they shouldn't have been banned in the first place.  Did they get unbanned 'cause they were friends of GMs?  I wouldn't know.  I personally think that when you get reports as grave as these, it's up to you to make further investigation, which I hope you have the capacity to do, and not just rely on the evidence of the person who reported.  Reports sometimes come from strong hunches, which doesn't mean they aren't true, so it's up to the GMs to prove the claim.  I see GMs announce that their means of catching lawbreakers are constantly improving.  So I'm putting my faith on this statement.

My guild Zero Gravity is full of members passionate in everything they do, thus the reason why Decist here reacted that way.  It's true that the main leader quit because of how ugly the WoE scene now is, and it's true that his reason was because of the enemy making use of mods out of the ordinary and auto-clickers for their skills.  Just because they can't beat my hubby's ecalling skills, they had to resort to these sneaky things.  And we never can prove it to you, so we don't bother reporting.  I'm seeing screenshot reviews wherein the player making the review is so obviously using an auto-clicker.  Timestamp shows a difference of 3-5 seconds per printscreen, and in all those printscreens, the "Land Protector" skill is always ready to be clicked on an area.  So, does he click on his shortcut skill for Land Protector all the time, before he presses on printscreen?  Obviously there's something fishy there.  But I can never prove it to you, so I don't bother reporting.  It would only make us look more like drama kings and queens, which you guys had already branded us with.  When in fact, we have noticed something that could be worthy of your time when we report, we just wish you would look more into it sometimes, and not just easily dismiss things especially when evidence is not that solid.  'Cause if we only have the means to provide you solid proof, we would.  But we don't have access to the right tools, so we're hoping investigation would come from your end. 

Another thing, about Zero Gravity being full of Real Money Traders.  I have handled that guild for two years, and the only time that I get news that someone in the guild was a real money trader was when that person had already been banned.  If there were a lot of members who were real money traders, I myself won't be able to tell if it's true.  We don't tolerate RMT in Zero Gravity, and even put a reminder against it in our guild's "marketplace" in Facebook.  All members are grown-ups, and I hold them accountable for their own actions.  They all know RMT is a no-no.  It would be unfair to brand the guild as mostly Real Money Traders just because most RMT-ers are Filipinos, and the guild's composed of mostly Filipinos.  I am a Filipino as well but I don't do that.

Maybe the conclusion to this would be that all servers have their set of GMs, and I'm pretty sure there's at least one who really isn't the favorite of players.  TalonRO isn't an exception.  In every server, there would always be players who dislike GMs.  But this doesn't mean TalonRO is a bad server.  I'm still an active player until now and I don't see myself quitting anytime soon.  I would still recommend it to my friends, and I've even brought three of my workmates into the game.  If anyone scouting for a server is reading this, I think you should base your decision on the server's features, and not on rumors and dramas like what you've read above.  You would always find something unpleasant with any server you join.  It's up to you how you would handle it as a player.

Decist

Quote from: DeePee on Dec 30, 2013, 05:11 AM
Uhm, you and me both know that's nonsense. I personally hang out with former Zero Gravity members occasionally (even when the guild was still active) and the guild had plenty of problems (especially with the guild leader).

I'd like you to point me to the rules page or a forum post where we say that such sprite or text modifications are not allowed. You won't find that as we have not made such a thing. That means such modifications are allowed. The fact that you didn't think of them is your own fault. Not to mention, it's a fact that you and your own guild also use GRF modifications to minimize effects, simplify textures, et cetera. This is exactly the same thing. Why would we need to take action on something that isn't against the rules? Just because you don't like it? Right.

During and after WoE, plenty of trashtalking happens. However it's funny when you say "we fire back" when it's often Zero Gravity (and especially the guild leader) who trashtalk on !main. It's also interesting how you say that only your guild was muted and no one else was. Every person caught breaking the rules will be dealt with equally and people have been punished plenty of times on all guilds.

Let me set some things straight: we don't give a damn which guild you are in. We don't care which guild wins. We don't care how big people's e-peens get for killing sprites in WoE or PvP. All we care about is to run this server, which we have done for nearly 7 years now. Guilds come and go. Your guild, Zero Gravity, is just one of those hundreds of guilds. It's such a waste of our time to bother with petty guild drama. It really is.

Secondly, we don't care if people donate when it comes to breaking the rules. Donating does not grant anyone immunity to the rules. We have muted and banned plenty of big donators because they broke the rules. Just because you assume something doesn't mean it's true. I also heard plenty of rumours that Zero Gravity is full of Real Money Traders. Does this mean it's true? No clue. Perhaps it is! But according to your logic, it must be true and we must ban half of that guild. However, without evidence, we do not act. Simple as that.

Everything depends on what evidence one is able to deliver. If you've been muted for KSing and the person you reported was not, that's only because you did not supply sufficient evidence. I suggest you read our Reporting Guidelines topic before making such claims.

Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas :)

And you think it's fine to do? That alone makes your players feel hopeless. Where is your sense of justice? Come on man. Things you've said have not much meaning if you disregard the problem just because it is not in the rules.

I have been your player since 2007-2008, and I believe I have experienced enough. I won't be ranting here unless you guys did something really wrong you know.

DeePee

Aight, so by your logic, I am now free to ban you and your guild for the use of GRF files that resize monsters, minimize effects and remove textures, correct? /ok After all, those modifications make players that do not have those mods feel "hopeless". It is not in the rules that these are forbidden, but you're saying I should ban you anyway, yes yes? :)

nazupyon94

Sy Devore is a jerk, dropped me a one liner at payon calling me a fat f*** just because i caught one of your suppliers micro'ed herb farming inside rachel inn.

clean guild huh