TalonRO

Started by PhilO, Aug 11, 2012, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilO

This is what i had not enough space to tell on my review.

yesterday, i was lvling a thief on glast heim prison.glast heim prison, was altered a bit on this server
and alot of people go there to lvl and farm.the spawn point, is inside a prison cell and people concentrate there, turning that room into a sort of small base.the admins, recently installed guardians there, to keep that single room safe.so i was lvling my thief, using dual client with a priest, i have on another account and left the priest inside that room, on a cornor to avoid him getting dc.while i was lvling, i came across first an acolyte ,who seem to be having a hard time with the SP and so i invited her, into the each take party i had, with my priest .so she could receive magnificant and buffs to.and minutes after that, i invited a crusader to, for the same thing.

after a while, of being lvling and periodically going for buffs on the spawn point, my priest started to get dc alot.now ..i saw that the reason for this, was that a sage was spamming Violent Gale, on the center of the spawn point.i didnt say anything at that point, knowing that people who go there, to spam magic, are usually stupid and so i wanted to avoid a conversation.but after my priest got DC 4+ times,i went near and asked her to stop using it, because it was making my priest dc.i said something like "could you stop spamming useless magic?its making my priest dc" and she said something like "whats useless is your priest", i told her it was making my priest dc and she saw that the priest was supporting, not just me but two other people, with also low lvl characters and she didnt give a damn, at all.so leaving, i said something like"i guess its poitless to try and reach an understanding with a monkey".after that ,she started to spam violent gale, right where my priest was, to make the priest dc on purpose.not only that, but she also called a friend of hers and they both started spamming magic, around my priest.it became impossible to keep the priest online and so i stayed inside the spawn point, trying to find an admin on @main.

unlucky, there was none online at that time .now while i was on that spawn point, with those two a******.. the acolyte i invited initially and knowing what was going on, sit next to them and started to happily talk to them..i was :O.i kicked her out of the party, without saying a word.and then came the person, who is almost 100% sure who reported me and said this to me out of nowere(he didnt even know who i was ) ...

as you can see he says..
"WHAT A b****"
!!!!"if you see her let me know"!!!
"i will make her ***** black"

which means, this guy didnt even know who i was and had no clue what was going on.yet he didnt hesitate to insult me, at will.this is exactly  the kind of thing, that happened on main, which ended up with me, losing my temper and saying harsh truths, which i normally would not.

after this and while i was still typing "@main any gm on?" looking for an admin.the two of them ,along with the one on that screenshot, started giving false information, about what happended, on main.i had not said a word, about what happended on main until then, because this is something, i need to tell an admin, not the whole server.but seeing them tell lies, being hypocrites and insulting i just could not hold it.and i started to counter, what they were saying, with the truth of what happened.but it was already to late..why?because people are stupid and care little for what the  truth is.soon as people on main, saw people they know and usually see and have conversations on main, speaking against me it was over and pointless.everyone just started trolling, insulting me and ridiculing what i was saying, in my defence.and in the middle of all that trash around me, i said something like, that with americans is pointless, because they are stupid.ofcorse the server is international and there is more than americans there.and stupidity exists everywhere, not just america.but alot of the people there, is american.yet i have no way to be sure, if the people doing the trolling,insults and everything based on speculations, along with those 3 were american.but i was angry then, because i cant stand stupidity and falseness.and so i said that truth in anger.

this is the screenshots i have...

i dont have screenshots, of what happened on main ,nor screenshots of her spamming violent gale on my priest, because she stoped, when i started showing signs that i was going to report, withe the "@Main any gm on?".but you can see, in one of the screenshots, that her friend was spamming bless on me.ofcorse at that point, i wouldnt dc anymore, because the priest was off already.i didnt take screenshots of the conversation on main, because i lost faith in the community then.it became pointless to me, to try and report anyone, because a report is something you do, when stupidity is a minority on a server, not when its like 80% of it.i didnt anticipate this...unfortunately.

and so as you can see, there was a whole story, that happened before i said the harsh truths, that got me banned.now.. if the gms even bothered, to read the logs on what happened on @main ,before they perm banned me, they know damn well ,that there was more to it than what happened on main.and without knowing what happened before that ,how can they make true justice?.the gms, at least on my case ,didnt give a damn about the truth of what happened and did nothing to find out.after perm banning me, i can no longer use support, nor the forum to defend myself.

now lets talk about racism and what i said...
me saying that americans in general are stupid is not racism its the truth and i dont say that every american is .in fact i probably got along with many while i was on the server and the same on other server and in other games.
this is what racism is...
"Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that reflect the racial worldview: the ideology that humans are divided into separate and exclusive biological entities called "races". This ideology entails the belief that members of a race share a set of characteristic traits, abilities, or qualities, that traits of personality, intellect, morality, and other cultural behavioral characteristics are inherited, and that this inheritance means that races can be ranked as innately superior or inferior to others."

the 12 year old mentality child that banned me, has no clue what racism is.i do not have hatred for americans, just because they are americans, or because of what they did in the past.i merely look and observe americans and can tell that alot of them(not all) are  STUPID(they proof this everyday).this is not racism, its a FACT and you probably know it.i dont have hatred for americans, i just dont like the way they are, in general(again not all).the african americans, also seem to me, like alot of them are cry babys and does this mean i am racist, towards black people?.nop i have had black friends since i was 6 years old, there is no racism in me towards them.and you can come here to portugal and see for yourself, that unlike america there is nearly no racism here.everyone work together here, because the country is small and poor.
you could watch the news here for 5 years and you wouldnt find a single article, about some racism event here.yet in america its daily.and here i am being called racist by americans ...what kind of joke is this?.the fact is that, america dosnt have a clue, what racism is.everytime you say something negative, about an american to an american, he calls you "racist". because its easier to blame the person, speaking harsh truths, than facing and dealing with those harsh truths.

there was some guy recently, who was banned for racism towards Germans on the server.now that guy was a real racist.he probably never meet any German and that was all based, on pure hatred based on the past.THATS RACISM.i dont care about the damn ban, but you put me on the same lvl as that guy, because of your ignorance and immaturity and that's insulting.

in conclusion..you can keep me perm ban, but i demand an apology and that the ban reason be changed to something else.and dont come with replys, saying i speak out of hatred, for being banned. because i have proven i am honest, with the punctuation i gave the server, right on the day i find out i am perm ban unfairly.even the gm punctuation i gave, was high. because while you failed in my case, it would be dishonest of me, to say you are incompetent, only based on that.you failed on my case, but you do help others and knowing it i gave a high score.

Triper

His review is here and quoted here too for future reference in case people wonder where is it and to not take precipitated conclusions.

QuoteA very good server,maybe the best in terms of the server itself.however, the community(not all!) is trash.and the gms seem to have the lv of maturity of 12 year olds.banned me for "racism"(saying the truth), knowing(if they bothered to read the logs) something much deeper happened, before that. didnt bother to try and find out the truth, nor gave me a chance to tell it, since i cant use support or the forum anymore. but i am honest unlike some^:the server is truly good.play here >to the forum

Rating: 81

Server Stability: 10 Availability: 10
Community Friendliness: 5 Eventfulness: 4
Game Masters Friendliness: 7 Availability: 10 Helpfulness: 8
Game-play Economy: 9 Guild Competition: 9 Class Balance: 9

Karmarsi

I'm sorry you had such trouble on the server. TalonRO is my main server, and it seems you just got the bad bunch that time. I've seen EdoX a lot and he can be like that, but please don't let him and his group cause trouble for you, or whatever HM had banned you. The server is actually much better than that. The community is more often than not really nice and willing to talk and play with you, as are the GMs ( in fact one actually sat with me and chatted with me for around 20 minutes when I asked for a hug ).
I hope things get sorted out for you, if anything you can make a thread on their forums, possibly in the help or report section.

DeePee

Just punished the EdoX guy, thanks for mentioning! Would've been easier if you had just sent a support ticket or made a report on the forum about it though.

Not going to get involved with your ban case. I was on vacation when that happened. Some people think more lightly about racism/discrimination and others think more strongly about it. In the end it's Boreas who makes the decision. It's his server after all.

Triper

Topic re-opened after some PM talking with the condition of no more:
QuoteHarassment, insult and personal attacks

It's opened to facilitate the discussion initially started and just that.

Seri

I'd just like to say without consistency, rules and punishments can result in such cases.

Another player (FinalRise & EmaHazard) has contacted me regarding an IP/Perm ban for posting "( . Y . )" on !main chat by GM Boreas directly while in game. I hope their punishment can be adjusted as it appears rather harsh.

I also would like to know why my previous reply was deleted:

Harassment, insult and personal attacks

DeePee's reply on an EssenceRO review:
Quote from: DeePee on May 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
Paradox took over, that's what happened. Look at what he's done to eAthena, haha.
Not a big problem. Just a minor complaint on another consistency issue.

Triper

Questions like that should be handled on pms but anyway...

This topic was to be closed since people started to throw insults to each other and generated a lot of drama. There was tons of racist insults on it.
I decided to re-open it after I got an apologise by PM for doing that and decided to give him a 2nd chance based on that[it's better then make a new topic, generate more drama, yadda yadda yadda bam bam bam] with the condition that there wouldn't be more stuff like there was before which seems fine until now from his side, am I right?
He wants an answer from Boreas and just that, nothing more, based on the small discussion we had by pms since DeePee wasn't around and won't touch this since he can't judge what he didn't see except what he already made after seeing the pictures posted in here.

You were no good with your post, you called someone racist["dislikes Americans  /lv"] so when I cleaned the topic from all the topics about that, it was another post deleted too since it was about the same and if I had it left here when I re-opened this it would just generate more racist drama so we would end in the same soon or later - racist comments.

The post made by the thread owner has some lines about that? Sure but Boreas can come here, since DeePee said that was him who made the ban so is now public knowledge, and defend himself from that.
Heck, both can even discuss this on a civilized way through pms and end in an "excuse me for do that" by each side if they want too and later both post that it was all cleaned, bla bla bla *insert something resolved*.

About that quote from DeePee, it shows 2 distinct ideas - Opinion[leads to a debate, Paradox can come here and negate that with some plausible explanation as he has made in the past, if I'm not wrong, and people can eat it or refuse it but is his way to defend himself] and a statement of the truth based on the current situation of eAthena[rAthena was made, eAthena changed administrator some weeks ago if I'm not wrong, tons of people lost the faith they had on Paradox]. If DeePee wanted to be really rude and insult Paradox, he could use stronger words for that.

Seri

Quote from: Triper on Aug 12, 2012, 06:44 PM

You were no good with your post, you called someone racist["dislikes Americans  /lv"] so when I cleaned the topic from all the topics about that, it was another post deleted too since it was about the same and if I had it left here when I re-opened this it would just generate more racist drama so we would end in the same soon or later - racist comments.

It's fine if you are trying to remove drama, but no I didn't call anyone racist. From my experience with Boreas, it is my opinion that he does not like Americans. If Boreas had shown such dislike in private, it would be a different case, but he has done so in public as a GM. Hence, I fail to understand the sudden strickness in punishments over such comments. As you say below, he can come here and negate that opinion.

QuoteAbout that quote from DeePee, it shows 2 distinct ideas - Opinion[leads to a debate, Paradox can come here and negate that with some plausible explanation as he has made in the past, if I'm not wrong, and people can eat it or refuse it but is his way to defend himself] and a statement of the truth based on the current situation of eAthena[rAthena was made, eAthena changed administrator some weeks ago if I'm not wrong, tons of people lost the faith they had on Paradox]. If DeePee wanted to be really rude and insult Paradox, he could use stronger words for that.

I would find DeePee's word's extremely offensive if I was Paradox. I am sure there are lot of factors going on with his situation, and making him a scapegoat is a mere opinion, not a "statement of truth." Thank you for your explanation, but I still do not see the difference in DeePee's comment and my comment in principle.

Edit: I hope RMS remains neutral in all discussion, even if it involves gamemasters. There is lot of room for special interest groups (big servers like TRO) to push their agenda and public relations here. I hope RMS is a safe haven for players, not for gamemasters.

Tom~

This is kinda off-topic, but...
Seri, Triper removed your post because it was related (indirectly) to the little argument that occured. That's all. Don't get the wrong idea, RMS is, and has always been, a "neutral ground" for both, GMs and players.

DeePee's post doesn't really come accross as offensive to me, considering eAthena's situation at the time... that's just my opinion, though.

@Topic: That EdoX guy is really... ugh. Glad to see that he's been dealt with. Did you try using tRO's support system to contact Boreas? Maybe that would be a better way to deal with an issue like this.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Seri

Thanks Tom~

Well read.

@Topic: Not sure what is happening lately, but there seems to be not much room for appeals via support tickets on tro. Of course, this is based on few players I ran into in the last 2 weeks, who have experienced similiar frustrations with perma-bans for minor offenses that refuses to be open for appeal or adjusted.

My best guess is because DeePee was on vacation, a HGM retired, and another HGM is on vacation-- leaving a single GM dealing with rule enforcement on a population over 1000.

Boreas

Quote from: Triper on Aug 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
He wants an answer from Boreas and just that, nothing more [...]

Sure thing.

EdoX got punished for the screenshots. Next time report him on our forum or through Support Tickets instead, that's usually the easiest way to contact us.

Quotein conclusion..you can keep me perm ban, but i demand an apology and that the ban reason be changed to something else.

I apologise for the false naming of your ban. You get banned for public defamation, foul language on !main, harassment, offending Americans, offending and disrespecting Gamemasters.

Best regards,
Boreas

PhilO

Quote from: Boreas on Aug 13, 2012, 06:21 AM
Sure thing.

EdoX got punished for the screenshots. Next time report him on our forum or through Support Tickets instead, that's usually the easiest way to contact us.

I apologise for the false naming of your ban. You get banned for public defamation, foul language on !main, harassment, offending Americans, offending and disrespecting Gamemasters.

Best regards,
Boreas
"Next time report him on our forum or through Support Tickets instead, that's usually the easiest way to contact us."

(next time?)
i cant access anything, because you perm banned me?.i cant even get into the main page(ip ban).

ok an apology is 1 thing i wanted, but the ban reason is still the same...you didnt change that.so you are apologizing here, but still calling me a racist there....
"An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry expero, you are banned from using this forum!
Racism on !main.
This ban is not set to expire.
Back"
i want this to be changed, to something else.

also, you should start realizing, that people are not machines.maybe you should start, taking into consideration, that sometimes people say more than they should, because they were pushed to do so, in anger.

i am also, REALLY wondering... if all you did, was look at 1 or 2 screenshots, sent to you by "EdoX", before you decided to "perm ban" me ,instead of reading the logs with full attention. which is ofcorse what you should do, before considering "perm banning" someone.

Boreas

I updated the ban reason on the forum, only you and the moderators will see that tho.

I read the entirely log, every single word of what you said on !main and then decide that it's worth a ban.

Best regards,
Boreas

PhilO

Quote from: Tom~ on Aug 12, 2012, 11:19 PM
This is kinda off-topic, but...
Seri, Triper removed your post because it was related (indirectly) to the little argument that occured. That's all. Don't get the wrong idea, RMS is, and has always been, a "neutral ground" for both, GMs and players.

DeePee's post doesn't really come accross as offensive to me, considering eAthena's situation at the time... that's just my opinion, though.

@Topic: That EdoX guy is really... ugh. Glad to see that he's been dealt with. Did you try using tRO's support system to contact Boreas? Maybe that would be a better way to deal with an issue like this.

you cant access anything, when you get perm banned apparently(ip ban).in which case.. how are players suppose to try and defend themselves, when they cant access anything.

PhilO

Quote from: Boreas on Aug 13, 2012, 07:00 AM
I updated the ban reason on the forum, only you and the moderators will see that tho.

I read the entirely log, every single word of what you said on !main and then decide that it's worth a ban.

Best regards,
Boreas

"An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry expero, you are banned from using this forum!
Foul language and public defamation on !main.
This ban is not set to expire.
Back"

ok its better.

if you read the entire log and thus realized(or should have), that something bigger happened
before that,which was the source of all of it.why didnt you try to find out what happened?.
i mean ..when i woke up, i was already perm banned.and if you looked at my history, of rules breaking,you know all i did, in all the time i was on that server ,was a "ks" on "GH Prison".in which case..wasnt this player, worth investigating a little more, to find his reasons for saying that?