Scandal of RO Private Server: LimitRO

Started by farkitlah, Dec 27, 2016, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lai

@my LimitRO player, exactly.

The question is, maybe, maybe not.... who knows whats right or whats wrong :o

You stand strong on your point as much as I stand strong on my point ^^

In the end, it's about, you talk me thru or I talk you thru, or if this doesnt work, then it's war or we could peacefully live our own way happily ever after, I myself choose the peaceful way ;D

Yep I alwaaaays make mistakes ;( Always...and.... if you ask me...
The mess has already been fixed,,,like I mentioned, sometimes... doing nothing is doing something ;) Sometimes, time is the best cure ~~

Oh tbh, I don't really mind about my reputation, I'm just being myself, if it's good, it's good, if it's bad, then I accept the consequences...

But, I'm very friendly and welcome all who wants to become friend, or talk life, or RO or anything...even if it's about this incident...

It's just that, if you want me to
1. Roll back,,, it's a no
2. Give all 1k CP,,, it's a no
3. Let time cure,,, it's a yes ~~

So why don't we accept my point of view for once, maybe it's the best :o

There are so much activity in game, let's hop in and have some fun :D

All I want is to help you relax and save your brain cells from dying because of this incident...I feel guilty :(
I do not want to hurt you, of what is already did, and wanna talk thru you so you can see a more positive attitude and a smile. :)

I lost a lot of possible donatios of this incident, and even I don't react like you do ~~

Oh, I forgot to say.... some ppl will jump at me,,, that's because you dont care bla bla bla :o
Wooooooot, how can anyone say to a server admin that he/she doesnt care about their server :P
I'm certain that every Admin cares in one way or another...
Some admins doesnt like to show off their efforts, or report to you of what he does to the community ~~

Sincerely best wishes to my fans~~
Muah ~

krakenhunter

I will keep this short
Quote from: Lai on Dec 29, 2016, 01:45 AM
It's just that, if you want me to

So why don't we accept my point of view for once, maybe it's the best :o
Can you give argument why its the best? Cause every cell in my brain said its not the best. And this thread is not to hate you, but to tell that there a better way.

I just hope the doctor who treat your grandparent wasn't like "Let time cure" and walk out of their room without even examine them, like nothing can be done.

Quote from: Lai on Dec 28, 2016, 11:51 PM
Also the deleted topic which stayed there for many days and only replies from 3-4 ppl repeating each other, and went waaaay out of topic and the trigger was a forum member named "Reimu" added a link to nRO listing....that was a very good ad attempt in my community ~~
3-4 people? can you prove that? I see >10 people in 3-4 pages
and if someone put ad on a post, YOU REMOVE THAT POST.
why did you need to remove the thread? why dont you delete the entire forum instead

Please keep you comment relevant Lai. Don't try making a conspiracy theory when you can't even answer the question directly. I see that you are just removing another thing that talk about 1k CP in your forum, you are only making people trust you less

farkitlah

QuoteLet time cure,,, it's a yes ~~ So why don't we accept my point of view for once, maybe it's the best
You knew this wasn't the first time problem like this happen. I think each & every time problems happen, you ask them accept your point of view. One time, two times, how many more do you want them to accept your point of view just because you're making mistakes. If every time we have to accept your point of view, then what's the point of discussion?

You don't really need to assume that I'm hurt or brain cells dying, you're not really hurting me because of your decision. You're hurting yourself and the players who loyal to you all these time. And if you really care like what you mentioned, why do you choose to ignored all these problems? And no, let the time cure is not the best way, its a selfish decision and the worst part is how you forced everyone to accept it.

----------------------------------

Updated first page, with edit 3

Min

Oh my god my head hurts, are we just gonna glance over that honey crap? dude is literally running cash cow servers, couldn't care less about his player base.
Ya'll need to get out of there ASAP; its not even about the current indecent but the clear intent to abuse the players for as much money as possible. Iceberg dead ahead.

Seriously! Could you imagine this attitude in any other line of work?
"Nah Boss its okay, I only dropped $3000 worth of supplies! No I'm not going to clean it up Boss. Just leave the mess on the floor! Let time heal it! ~~ :D"

@Lai
The lack of respect for your players and the blatant attempts to just cover the whole thing up is really gross. I hope these disenfranchised players find somewhere better to play.
You're literally the reason so many players have a hard time trusting pServers.

Potatoes

Pst Lai, I think you forgot option 4:
- Fix the issue and do something about it.

There are only two explanations here:
- You're too incompetent to know how to solve the problem using the logs (which, I assure you, is entirely possible, even to this date).
- You don't want to spend effort into fixing this mess.

Sadly enough, it's probably both. You're a pretty bad admin Lai and your replies are... not great to read lol.

Let me get you started on how to solve your issue:
Retrieve the players' IDs.
select * from `cashlog` where `type` = 'A' and `amount` = 1000 and `time` between '2016-12-26 00:00:00' and '2016-12-26 03:00:00'

Retrieve their accounts' IDs.
select `char_id`,`account_id` from `char` where `char_id` in (char_id1, char_id2, the rest of your list)

Check up their current cash points:
select * from `acc_reg_num` where `key` = '#CASHPOINTS' and `account_id` in (account_id1, account_id2, the rest of your list)

At this point, you have multiple options:
1 - The lazy option, which would fit your style: set their cashpoints to negative amounts by substracting 1000 CP to all these players (sounds like a good start already).
2 - Remove up to 1000 CP without going negative, not really fair, but at least it'd stop players from spending these cheated CP.
3 - Do option 2, but then check up what they've spent their CP points on. This is what you should have done since the beginning but... lol.
4 - Do option 2, but then lie to players and tell them you've fixed the issue by doing option 3, which you won't actually do.

The options you chose are just... stupid (I'm trying real hard to stay nice here):
QuoteIt's just that, if you want me to

KickStart

Things like this are exactly why I moved to a server where the owner is hands-on and actually cares about the population, instead of p2win profit models.
I've played on I can't even count how many servers, and it's EXACTLY this kind of response that irks me.
"Whoops, messed up. Oh well, let's move on and ignore it."
Lai, some advice - Businesses live and die on PR, and that includes incident response. You should hire someone to handle this on a professional level, and a team that can act on those reponses if you are not technically inclined enough to do so.

Lai

woooooooooot, after so many attempts to try to tell those on the other side to come over to my side ~~ still failed...

I bet you guys are still very disappointing why I still doesnt go over to your side of solution, so am I :(
Well, sometimes, life is like this... not everyone likes the same idea or way of doing things...

I super super thank everyone in this post, and I really care and put effort on writing all those replies against so many ~~
Since my braincells aint that strong... I decided to put this reply as my last.... and I really do not wish me myself to comeback as number 1 trend of 2016 ~~

For all who want to know my point of view, please re-read my replies ~~

I special thank Potatoes for his awesome idea ~~ and solution... very basic, which was the first thing I did when this happened...
but...there are other things that might have missed, I will let everyone figure that out ~~

I really like replies from other RO server members, really good ones thank you, very strong ones ~~
I like you guys ~~

as of my LimitRO members who are not satisfied, just wonder what your fb names are, I could chat with you one by one and explain more in details if you want... because some stuff needs to stay private, and oooh dont worry, I wont ban you or anything since you havent done anything illegal or so,,, this is perfect fine to "expose" me and the incident... oh and EVEN IF I do ban you which I wont, it's doesnt really matter to you anyway right,, I mean you guys already dislikes me that much ... :(
Just covering all aspects...

Anyhow, do you all believe in miracles?
Because I do, and I'm a very positive person, even when s*** happens,,,I try to see a brighter side of everything ~~

So my miracle is...I have been monitoring server now 3rd day:
and .... no one freaking cares about this anymore O,o
We had so much fun ingame today, with many events and activities ~~

Also my Xmas santa raffle video will be made tomorrow, I will share with you guys ~~

Oh btw, many OP gear prices went down abit and very very very newbie friendly and mid gear friendly...
Now it's perfect time to join LimitRO and have fun together with us ~~

Today we hit 720+ I can't believe this digit man,,, even with vendors, I havent seen this high in over 2 years ~~

Once again, thank you all for the effort to help me "fix" the server, and I blame myself for not following your guys order in the way of doing things...
but,,,I have to say good bye to this topic now.....
I will still read your guys replies tho,, just that my braincells of typing is dying out ~~

I'm going to bed now, sleep well everyone and soon it's new year, I wish all a Happy New Year and great success on coming 2017 ~~

Love you all, muah!

If need anything else, pm me on facebook.com/limitrolai ~~

Potatoes

Quote from: Lai on Dec 29, 2016, 11:43 AM
I special thank Potatoes for his awesome idea ~~ and solution... very basic, which was the first thing I did when this happened...
but...there are other things that might have missed, I will let everyone figure that out ~~

*facepalm*... Which is OBVIOUSLY not the first thing you did when it happened. We wouldn't be here if you had. Why are you lying so much Lai?

Edit: I'll have to agree with KickStart, Lai shouldn't be the one speaking for LimitRO; his damage control skills are not great. The "oh but c'mon guys :(, im a cool dude :(, give me a break please :(, don't be so harsh, *sniff sniff* im sad..., you guys don't like me :(, i love you all xDDD" act is a load a crap.

krakenhunter

Quote from: Lai on Dec 29, 2016, 11:43 AM
as of my LimitRO members who are not satisfied, just wonder what your fb names are, I could chat with you one by one and explain more in details if you want... because some stuff needs to stay private, and oooh dont worry, I wont ban you or anything since you havent done anything illegal or so,,, this is perfect fine to "expose" me and the incident... oh and EVEN IF I do ban you which I wont, it's doesnt really matter to you anyway right,, I mean you guys already dislikes me that much ... :(
Just covering all aspects...

Lai... I can't believe your word anymore.
1. Seeing how you delete the forum is just showing that you like abusing your power.
2. Seeing your reply to those who speak to you also saying that you are not realize that what you are doing is power abuse.
3. Seeing you cover the incident with lie in facebook showing you have no integrity.

Please make your reply as short as possible. You are not adding new content that I can reply much. You just repeating yourself.
I can summarize your reply as:
"We are okay without you, just go away I don't care :p."
"I will remove the evidence so new people will be deceived and still playing + donating :p"

I will say this again, you have no competences to see the problem. The problem is not how many people saying about the 1K CP incident. Price will crumble for sure. The speed will be influenced by those who have 1K CP, their decision and economy skills will deter the economy. I predict than +9 AHB price will go half next week, next months you wont see any +0 AHB in market and their price will be raised to 100m from 60m now.

You never explain why your action is the best solution
Btw I don't know whether making word big is a good idea. I see you guys not doing it. I like doing it because it can show what words more important in my wall of text. Is this acceptable or annoying?

Quote from: Potatoes on Dec 29, 2016, 12:17 PM
*facepalm*... Which is OBVIOUSLY not the first thing you did when it happened. We wouldn't be here if you had. Why are you lying so much Lai?

Edit: I'll have to agree with KickStart, Lai shouldn't be the one speaking for LimitRO; his damage control skills are not great. The "oh but c'mon guys :(, im a cool dude :(, give me a break please :(, don't be so harsh, *sniff sniff* im sad..., you guys don't like me :(, i love you all xDDD" act is a load a crap.
I can agree anymore :( It such a waste, people there is mostly nice. There are many trash talk ater woe but many of them is really friendly on pvm. As lai said, he was human and will keep doing mistake so stay tune for another update....what a waste of good server

SoGoneGuy

The most stubborn and incompetent sh!t I have ever witnessed from a so called business man/Ro owner. People are actually trying to help and you refuse. Juse because it's called limitro doesn't mean you have to limit yourself into doing what's right. It's obvious you don't care.

Karma has a way of biting you in the donkey. Pay attention to these vets trying to help you. As they say you won't miss your water tell your well runs dry.

TehLegion

Well this... is quite a sight, isn't it?

I don't think there's anything to be said which everyone already pointed out. Lai's not only a HUGE liar and a power abuser, but also incompetent, beating around the bush, and looks at his player base as money bags and doesn't care about their well being, with the exception of his donators, going so far to even host a club for them and doing illegal requests.

I do have a question to the RMS Community. Is it possible to delist Limit RO from RMS, or bring it down a few ranks?

In addition to the scandal in this topic, along with him being in the GM Hall of Shame all the way back to 2008, along with Lai obviously not taking any of this (or us) seriously as he's having an act of 'lol i still love you all~~ join limit ro pls don't assault me~~ ^ ^ :'(',which even a child could see through, it's... obvious he's lying through his teeth to everyone. Potato, the mods, Kraken, OP, everyone. He's just playing everyone out like clowns.

Did I mention it's pretty obvious he isn't taking his community seriously, or the problems in his server?

I'm also quite sure that majority of the positive reviews of the server are fake. If someone could run an IP check on them, that would be great.

If anything, please let new players find for a server not be thrown into Limit RO as it's '#1', instead of other aspiring RO servers out there raised with hard and honest work. I'm sure newbies would want to find a server with a friendly community, transparent communication, and most importantly, a good administration during their first experience in a private RO server.

yC

Just to answer the previous post:

All the listings that got reviewed are ran through the same checks and more checking procedures are applied in certain cases.

If you look around the forum, this is not the only topic of players sharing their negative experience on a server in details.  I have also explained it over and over in various posts.  There is no one agreed standard for "incompetent", "corruption" or "pay 2 win" etc.  These are all depend on player expectations and from their experience gathered as they play on different servers.

RMS is not going to apply its own standard to delist server that did "this" and "that" because who know which one is next and then argument such as "why you delist this and not that???" will arise.

So to keep things in place: The main site's listings and reviews are governed by the rules given on the site.

Lai

As promised, here is a short little video by me, for LimitRO Christmas Selfie raffle event ~~

https://www.facebook.com/limitrolai/videos/1646073009019691/

On topic, let's end the "chit chat war", and enjoy the coming New Year ~

One last thing, there's no absolute right or wrong in this world, it's always about on who's perspective.
I respect your guys point of view, as much as I wish you guys would understand mine.
No hard feeling guys ~~

About stubborn, I am as much as you are :)

Thank you.

Potatoes

Hmmm, why are you showing us a video of your event (we don't care about it)? This has nothing to do with the topic lol! It's not about New Year either, it's about the 1000 CP mess you've made on your server and your incompetence as a server admin.

So, here's what we learned:
- Are you going to do anything about the free 1k CP mess? No.
- Are you going to admit you did a massive mistake and are going to apologize to your players? No.
- Are you too incompetent to fix the issue? Apparently so.
- Do we respect your point of view? Hell no, lmao.
- Are you lying back and forth to save your skin? Yup.
- Any input on the HoneyRO cash grab sub server you made? Nope. let's pretend it didn't exist guys, it will just go away!

Hopefully you start growing up Lai, and learn how to take responsability for your actions and inactions.

Bue

Quote from: yC on Dec 30, 2016, 05:27 AM
There is no one agreed standard for "incompetent", "corruption" or "pay 2 win" etc.

I think this is due to the pretense that private servers provide a free service and are operated by professionals in real life.

But professionals have careers, benefits, and high salaries doing the same duties as you would for private servers from sysadmin, dbadmin, to any development on the server, client, or web side. Also, they could be developing and selling software, making millions, without having to deal with the legality of a private server.

And to demand for both professional service and content for what is only presumed to be a free is absurd. *cough* micro-transactions in free apps.

If Lai had been more professional in handling the problem on his forum to begin with, then this thread would have never existed. It is clear that a few players got the word around that the abusers got off scot-free and some are salty about it. And a few are frustrated in what appears to be an absence of leadership.

So now rather than discussing the issues on his forum, where he has supporters, he is trying to appeal the issues on RMS against extremely salty players and random strangers. First the bug, the censorship, and then the attitude.