Private server shortcomings

Started by dalamera, Mar 16, 2013, 09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowValentine

Aww man, I just did this D= Gotta rewrite now...

Quote from: dalamera on Mar 16, 2013, 09:19 AM

1.Buff applying heal NPC's: Devaluing the use of Acolyte-tree classes.
2.Card removers: Altering the economic demand & value of cards, Even slotted equipment.
3.Increased server opening Exp rates: Benefiting only founders, Placing newcomers at a disadvantage.
4.Donation rewards: Headgears that mimic in-game craftables, Obliterating their novelty value.
5.Mob HP: Whether there is none, a HP bar or % value. Nothing beats the precision of numeric display.
6.MvP & Mini-boss: When drop rates are intentionally lower than that of the servers global rates.

Alrighty, let's start. Again, we have www.hero-server.net

Item 1: There is a Healer NPC which does not apply buffs, and after Lv20 nontrans will charge 10z per level, and doubles during WoE time.

Item 2: No card remover, or for that matter job changer.

Item 3: There are floating rates for some events (Christmas, Halloween etc) but they don't last long and only increase the rates from 5/5/3 to about 7/7/5.

Item 4: Donation rewards... Hmm. You can get some minor consumables (OBB OPB etc) and V4P hats, which change every month. You can also unlock warps for the Warper via donating, which otherwise require finding the warper unlock NPC (usually in the entrance of the first level of the dungeon or near the kafra in cities) and paying a scaled zeny fee to unlock the warp depending on the dungeon.

Item 5: HeRO has a numerical display for mob health.

Item 6: Droprates are standard across the server.

To address the preference, HeRO has been running for 7 years, but there are more than enough friendly people to give you a bit of a boost if you need help with anything. I think Rahice is on these forums (not, I suppose, usually on the R&R), but if you have any further questions feel free to contact them or me.

www.hero-server.net . Might as well put a link on both sides of that wall of text =P

Also sorry Triper, kind of new to the forums, didn't know about the advertising rule in this subsec.

Bue

Quote from: Triper on Mar 23, 2013, 02:21 AM
RIP

yC is going to murder you while you're sleeping, lol.

Either that or were going to be bunk buddies back at the ban dungeon.

Bue

Quote from: ShadowValentine on Mar 23, 2013, 06:39 AM
Alrighty, let's start. Again, we have www.hero-server.net

heRO doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere.

They've been using the same website since the beginning of time, and I might even suspect that they're using a fairly old revision of eA. And I haven't checked, but are they still using the old RE clients for customs?

[Edit: = = The modify and quote button gets me every time.]

Triper

Quote from: Bue on Mar 23, 2013, 08:20 AM
yC is going to murder you while you're sleeping, lol.

Either that or were going to be bunk buddies back at the ban dungeon.
I almost suspect that too lol buuuuut I've asked to do events for a while =P It's not bad to see if people are open to them or not too even if in a wtf way lol

As a reminder - don't stop discussing this just because I made a "wtf dood" move :O You can still ignore that even if yeah, I know >_>

ShadowValentine

Quote from: Bue on Mar 23, 2013, 08:38 AM
heRO doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere.

They've been using the same website since the beginning of time, and I might even suspect that they're using a fairly old revision of eA. And I haven't checked, but are they still using the old RE clients for customs?

[Edit: = = The modify and quote button gets me every time.]

Can't say, I'm just a player xD All i know is that it's a pretty stable old server that's very close to vanilla. Been playing on and off for a few years, don't really have a problem with the server as a whole.

Bue

No worries, I just checked.

They're still using the old XRay Client from maybe 2-4 years ago? They don't even have the latest XRay client (last one before Meruru disappeared) from when Meruru organized the xray files into a neat folder. :(

RoseTea

Quote from: Bue on Mar 23, 2013, 11:03 AM
No worries, I just checked.

They're still using the old XRay Client from maybe 2-4 years ago? They don't even have the latest XRay client (last one before Meruru disappeared) from when Meruru organized the xray files into a neat folder. :(
I believe the SVN on the server is like 5 years old as well: They don't actually have Battlegrounds, just a jury-rigged system to somewhat sort of vaguely approximate something that you could squint at and say "I think that's BG".

Wherever heRO's going to go, it's certainly not "the present era".

Quote from: ShadowValentine on Mar 23, 2013, 10:40 AMAll i know is that it's a pretty stable old server that's very close to vanilla.
heRO is nothing at all like vanilla, please don't lie to try and appeal to vanilla-fans.

Bue

Quote from: RoseTea on Mar 23, 2013, 12:49 PM
I believe the SVN on the server is like 5 years old as well: They don't actually have Battlegrounds, just a jury-rigged system to somewhat sort of vaguely approximate something that you could squint at and say "I think that's BG".

Wherever heRO's going to go, it's certainly not "the present era".

heRO is nothing at all like vanilla, please don't lie to try and appeal to vanilla-fans.

Not exactly sure why they haven't decided to update their source code, but someone should definitely help give them a push. Then again, we don't know for sure.

ShadowValentine

It is merely my opinion, don't get your panties in a knot.

Bue

/?
Quote from: ShadowValentine on Mar 23, 2013, 04:00 PM
It is merely my opinion, don't get your panties in a knot.

It would probably be better if you can explain they heRO is close to vanilla rather ^ .

Fruit Pie~

BG in heRO has teamkilling.

How do you screw that up!?

Anyway, I figure the reason they don't update the SVN anymore is because they have a lot of custom stuff, much of it running on Meruru Presents Meruru's XRay by Meruru, which isn't updated anymore and apparently doesn't (and won't) support the newer SVNs.

Also, yeah, "it's a pretty stable old server that's very close to vanilla" isn't worded as an opinion, but rather as a statement of fact. It's also false, as it's heavily customized and four years worth of content away from vanilla.