Phileas RO - Server Of Thieves

Started by Rick37, Mar 16, 2010, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick37

I will introduce myself. My Name is Rick, Administrator of Aegis Fury Ragnarok Online - Check us out!

It has come to my attention by one of my members that there is, in fact, a server out there which has stolen our entire client.

Not only that, but the Administrator , which goes by the name of Brenth, has RENAMED all of the credits we have in the client to his own.

I Don't mind him taking a look into our client, The AFRO Team has worked countless hours making it perfect the way we want it. We literally have thousands of items now organized perfectly to our servers likings. However when another Administrator takes the initiative to steal your work and THEN rename it as his own? Its despicable. It is appalling to my team and myself that all of our hard work coming in for more than a year now has been stolen and renamed as someone else's in mere seconds.

For those joining this server, Would you want to join a server where your Administrator is so shameless and careless that he'd steal someone elses work and write his name on it? Does it show the server that he is interested in what others think and the time they put into doing what they love? Was the reason for creating the server to steal from his own players as well? these are obvious questions you should ask yourself before you join this server. Obviously your Administrator Brenth IS a shameless thief who has no remorse for his actions.

With that being said, here are Some of the most appalling affronts committed (And this list should be endless but here is what we are most disgusted by):
Collection images renamed:

AFRO has been very committed in creating a nice image for the public to see. Every single custom item (With the exceptions that were specifically asked to remain) Has a collection image made for them (Right click). This image has a nice theme and our AFRO Logo stamped to it. The reason for making these images was so that we could produce at least a slight preview to the image. Along with that, this makes finding items on our donations page that much easier and Uniform to see. Every single custom item is found (Roughly 900 in client ) Has its own image made for them.

Ok, so our images are stolen, But on top of that, the Administrator Brenth even went so far as to DELETE our AFRO Logo and rename it with his own. PLRO. Of course no work of his own was done to do this, but he has simply claimed it as so by doing that. An Affront of plagiarism copied over 900 times. Hows that for Admin of an entire server?

All credits removed:
Having so many items is a daunting task. You can easily get lost having so many items. We developed a table of contents for ourselves to keep track of this. We came up with the item names. A system to keep track of all the sprites, drop sprites, resname everything. Of course was all stolen. The table of contents had in it a little note. This is what was in it word for word:

//REFERENCE
//Rick37
//Hello, You Have Just Hacked into My GRF, Congratulations.
//I've Spent a lot of time with these items.
//All I ask is that you do not remove My references

Having a look into his own (our own again simply stolen and renamed) GRF:

//REFERENCE
//Brenth

Would you change something even though its not affecting anybody? Would you take someones direct claim to NOT remove the reference and then name it your own? This is the Administrator running your server.

I suppose that is all I can say. Think about that when you plan on joining (or hopefully not) this server. Come back when the Administrator has some decency and makes his own client with his own modifications, not stealing it from another server.

PS: Yes Brenth Actually has an account on AFRO, which of course is where he planned his heist, and thus proven to everyone just how ridiculous, shameless and utterly sickening He is for doing so.

Administrator Rick

yC

Moving to Rave and Rant.  Post some screenshot as proof and point out the obvious will probably bump it to the Hall of Shame.

Temjin

You can come out and play the morally superior game all you want with me, pal. Your thread will be treated like the other "theft" threads around here: Nobody's really going to bat an eyelash.

If you really wanted something done, you would have posted screenshots as yC recommended to prove it, and instead of coming here and whining about it, why don't you get off your donkey and report them to their host? There's a good chance if you do that and can prove that they jacked your work, then they'll be the ones suffering in the respect that they can't get players without a working website and a server that is completely down.

Just suck it up and stick it to them instead of whining about it here. Do you honestly think RMS is going to do something about it? No. But you can. Hell, in the time it took you to make your tough guy post, you probably could have filed that abovementioned report.

Stick it to them and good luck in all honesty, if they disappear, then it's Rick37 - 1, Brenth - 0.

Posted on: March 17, 2010, 10:25:08 am
You've got a PM. I think I found who's hosting them.