OriginalRO - Review

Started by Innomite, Nov 02, 2013, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innomite

Alright so, not really gonna enter in details. But you can ask me for proof if this doesn't convince you.
I played around 1 month in this server, it has good stuffs but unfortunately has a lot of bad stuffs within.

Server Stability:
Good but not that great. There aren't disconnections but some huge spike lag from time to time.

Server Availability:
Das nice, nothing wrong in here, move on.

Community Ratings:
Just like any other kind of community, here isn't the exception. It's surprisingly helpful and nice. Of course there are a******, but that's just like in any other server.

Friendliness:
There are a lot of helpful players, but just like I said before, a****** will never miss being on every place.

Eventfulness:
Uhh, in my time playing I never saw the Admin hosting any event, there are like a disguiser? And that's pretty much it.

Game Master Ratings

Availability:
I just saw this Admin like 6 times in my whole time. So you can give yourselves an idea.

Helpfulness:
No comment.

Game Play Ratings

Economy:
There was once a time that the Admin decided that stuff shouldn't be sold at higher prices than 5m and anyone doing this shall get kicked or jailed. And the server was like 2 months ago. So yeah, the economy is kinda terrible in here.

Guild Competition:
There were like 2 or 3 guilds but one guild got banned for "exploiting a zeny bug". See details on side notes.

Class Balance:
Sura plis. OP as f***.

Side notes and a personal comment from the guy who's posting this.
Honestly I first thought that this server would really make a difference between all of those generic renewal private servers.
But sadly, there are a lot of flaws in the staff, which consists on the Admin and one Forum Moderator which no one likes because he lacks knowledge about pretty much everything on RO.

The Admin here acts like a dictator or more like a crybaby. Some guild called CookieMonsters (which I am not part of) got most of their members banned because of talking on a disrespectful way to the Admin, and some of them were apparently "abusing a zeny bug". Funny thing is that this Admin never gave them a first or second warning, he insta-perma-banned their IPs without warnings. What kind of Admin does that? He also tried to humilliate them or harass them in main chat. Accusing them of ruining the game (I could post screenshots if you'd like)
The donation items are really overpowered. Not because they were only obtainable by Donators. Actually, they can be obtained by Voters, but c'mon... RWC 2008 Gold? You kiddin' right? There are also some wings that add +7% resistance against demihuman or something like that.

And of course, how could I forget about the favoritism? You could easily tell when the Admin is giving out items or zeny to reward donators.

1/100 I would totally not play this server again. It's sad for such a nice community.

Want to move it to Rant and Rave? Go ahead.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!

Triper

Post the pics then? Meanwhile I will move this to the rant and rave.

Innomite

First of all, reviews of our beloved Admin.
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=16517&url_sname=OriginalRO&page_num=1

And now the screenshots about how he was accusing the guild of "ruining the game".

http://imgur.com/GSJdsa1

When he banned their guildleader for calling him a clown.

http://imgur.com/afMaV8Z

Asking a friend of mine "who gave her that helm?" Implying that it was the Admin which did that. Or also implying that she got it in a non-legit way.

http://imgur.com/olsR4iZ

Dunno, favoritism? They say that this Kush person has a lot of money thanks to the Admin. I don't think it's possible to have more than 2b at this point if his daily bank income is 400m.

http://imgur.com/5BAnYKJ

It's kinda curious because you can see in the OriginalRO's main page how much zeny people has, but I read something really interesting in forums:

http://imgur.com/BWDVdbb

I talked with someone from this server which wasn't nvolved in this case either, and I got an interesting story.

http://imgur.com/rvc4rOE

So wut u say?

lilsword

Eeww. As an owner of the server, he should have patience because afterall, running a server is still a business, and players are like his customers. He should accept suggestions even if it is delivered in a bad way. Also he should accept criticism and think of it as advise to improve his personality.  I feel sad because the server is doing great with all the reviews. I learned something new from reading this post. Thank you Innomite

Triper

So the zenny exploit wasn't really an exploit but a poor management from the staff?
==edit==
He says that it's rathena fault for the exploit at the reviews, someone knows something about this?

lilsword

Quote from: Triper on Nov 04, 2013, 03:48 AM
So the zenny exploit wasn't really an exploit but a poor management from the staff?
==edit==
He says that it's rathena fault for the exploit at the reviews, someone knows something about this?
Lol nope. If it is a NPC Script im sure rAthena Devs wont miss that one. I think the server has lots of commands and players are using them to glitch the npc.
For example @warp/@go/@jump command, maybe there's a quest that gives reward before taking the quest items, so they @warp before the npc takes the items and do it repeatedly.

EliasB

After giving this topic some time to develop, I think it's time to clarify your doubts.

Quote from: Innomite on Nov 02, 2013, 08:00 PM
Alright so, not really gonna enter in details. But you can ask me for proof if this doesn't convince you.
I played around 1 month in this server, it has good stuffs but unfortunately has a lot of bad stuffs within. LIE. What are the negative aspects?

Server Stability:
Good but not that great. There aren't disconnections but some huge spike lag from time to time. The server is hosted in a dedicated machine and runs up in a high quality datacenter in Amsterdam. Although the server emulator (rAthena) doesn't need more than one CPU and 512Mb of RAM, but this is just random information... If you're ISP provides you high speed in your country area it doesn't mean your latency overseas will be good... Though, this is not something we have to speak about...

Server Availability:
Das nice, nothing wrong in here, move on. I don't understand what you mean, but I'll asume this is positive.

Community Ratings:
Just like any other kind of community, here isn't the exception. It's surprisingly helpful and nice. Of course there are a******, but that's just like in any other server. Nevermind...

Friendliness:
There are a lot of helpful players, but just like I said before, a****** will never miss being on every place.

Eventfulness:
Uhh, in my time playing I never saw the Admin hosting any event, there are like a disguiser? And that's pretty much it.  This is a total lie. There are automated events every hour (disguise and mushrooms) besides the events I host each 2 - 3 days ( Poring catcher, MVP event, Monster summon etc...

Game Master Ratings

Availability:
I just saw this Admin like 6 times in my whole time. So you can give yourselves an idea. This is a total lie. I am only everyday more than 4 - 6 hours. Any player can confirm this.

Helpfulness:
No comment. When I am online I help everyone... This is why I actually get on. Any player can corroborate this.

Game Play Ratings

Economy:
There was once a time that the Admin decided that stuff shouldn't be sold at higher prices than 5m and anyone doing this shall get kicked or jailed. And the server was like 2 months ago. So yeah, the economy is kinda terrible in here.  When as server is 2 month old the economy is emerging you cannot categorize it. I am setting this as point number 1, and I'll explain it later.

Guild Competition:
There were like 2 or 3 guilds but one guild got banned for "exploiting a zeny bug". See details on side notes. There are many guilds... The guild that got banned (Cookie monsters) , actually your guild or the one you beloged to, whatever you argument or say, it's the truth. All this reviews (on the main website and here) came up when I banned the guild... WHY DID I BAN IT??? Well... being honest with this community... (while reading this please put yourself on my shoes)

This guild is formed with the usual pinoys who join servers and ruin them. Of course this is just an opinion... and whatever you comment about this, is totally fine... before you do it... I take it back I am sorry If I ofended someone but any server administrator knows this is a latent phenomenon.

Class Balance:
Sura plis. OP as f***. If you don't feel cofortable with it, either report it to rAthena. Not sure if the formula is wrong or write an email to gravity.

Side notes and a personal comment from the guy who's posting this.
Honestly I first thought that this server would really make a difference between all of those generic renewal private servers.
But sadly, there are a lot of flaws in the staff, which consists on the Admin and one Forum Moderator which no one likes because he lacks knowledge about pretty much everything on RO. I am the only person who runs the game. The forum moderator is just an user who helps dealing with spammers and welcomes people in and participates actively helping out when I cannot.

The Admin here acts like a dictator or more like a crybaby. Please... where is the objectivity here? - Some guild called CookieMonsters (which I am not part of) LOL got most of their members banned because of talking on a disrespectful way to the Admin, and some of them were apparently "abusing a zeny bug". Funny thing is that this Admin never gave them a first or second warning, he insta-perma-banned their IPs without warnings. After dealing with many drama and forgiving various situations ligated to this guild where I have aswell as the players around been disrespected I have reached a point where I don't feel this players should stay due to all the drama they generate and they are generating now with all this crap. What kind of Admin does that? He also tried to humilliate them or harass them in main chat. Accusing them of ruining the game (I could post screenshots if you'd like)
The donation items are really overpowered. Not because they were only obtainable by Donators. Actually, they can be obtained by Voters, but c'mon... RWC 2008 Gold? You kiddin' right? There are also some wings that add +7% resistance against demihuman or something like that. Why do you complain???? THIS ITEM CAN BE OBTAINED THROUGH VOTING ASWELL... WHY DO YOU COMPLAIN FOR GOD'S SAKE...

And of course, how could I forget about the favoritism? You could easily tell when the Admin is giving out items or zeny to reward donators. LOL(2) ....

1/100 I would totally not play this server again. It's sad for such a nice community. 1/100 ? If the community is nice, cosidering nice is a 6 o 7... it should be 7/100 atleast...or not ?

Want to move it to Rant and Rave? Go ahead.

(1) = It's easy to understad high prices in a new low rates server, since items are hard to get so people always set the prices in function of the effort they have put into getting them... THIS IS NOT THE CASE:

I banned 4 members of the guild and I started getting reviews on ratemyserver as I have never got before... Thanks, bad publicity is still publicity.

This guild is throwing all this false acusations because they are mad... nothing more than that.. They lost billions of zeny in a cool server... I would be mad too :/

Here's a proof of why it's rAthena's fault and not mine ( this is the live svn, for any player not familiar with it):

https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk/npc/re/mobs/fields/eclage.txt

REPLACE INTO `mob_db` VALUES (2363,'MENBLATT','Menblatt','Menblatt',143,82200,1,4150,3421,3,816,1017,79,50,70,68,40,55,108,30,10,12,1,4,44,0x3795,145,472,1056,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,6516,2000,6524,50,6499,2000,15051,1000,2169,100,969,2000,6499,10000,0,0,0,0,0,0);

Drop: 969,2000

The monster drops gold 100% at 7x rates... so imagine the damage this can do. (I can't find it on ratemyserver or I would post a screenshot)

We have a warper that warps to any Cities.. (Nothing of a big deal). This monster drops GOLD 100% no matter what your server rates are. Just pointing: Our drop rates are 7x and when you kill them mob you get around 150K of items.

Besides this...

The mesure I've taken to mitigate the damage is removing the gold and the banker npc wich is fine for now, though I have a better solution ( Restoring the gold but deleting the item on the whole server, besides droping the exagerated zeny amounts off the banker on global_reg )

Here's a screenshot of the only banned people in the whole server: [/b][/color]

I hope everyone understands my position and understand how things happened.

P.S:

QuoteLol nope. If it is a NPC Script im sure rAthena Devs wont miss that one. I think the server has lots of commands and players are using them to glitch the npc.
For example @warp/@go/@jump command, maybe there's a quest that gives reward before taking the quest items, so they @warp before the npc takes the items and do it repeatedly.

This is not a script... This is rAthena fault. The bug is still latent.

https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk/npc/re/mobs/fields/eclage.txt

REPLACE INTO `mob_db` VALUES (2363,'MENBLATT','Menblatt','Menblatt',143,82200,1,4150,3421,3,816,1017,79,50,70,68,40,55,108,30,10,12,1,4,44,0x3795,145,472,1056,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,6516,2000,6524,50,6499,2000,15051,1000,2169,100,969,2000,6499,10000,0,0,0,0,0,0);

If you want to protect your server, be careful about the mob.

You think, you think... c'mon... Visit the website: http://www.originalro.com/?module=server&action=info

Instead of just throwing comments... We don't have such commands on the server.

STOP THE DRAMA, GET OVER IT, AND GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

P.S ( 2) Thanks for the publicity.

Rekt

Wow I was supposed to be the one to start the review extension but thanks anyway, Omen.

Also, Hi Elias. https://www.facebook.com/elias.bakkali?fref=ts

This guy's specialty is taking things out of context and obviously not comprehending any of anyone's point so enjoy making long donkey posts about this guy. Proof is, how this guy replies to the bad reviews the players are giving him (http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=16517&itv=6&url_sname=OriginalRO&page_num=1) and obviously this one.

I'll make mines straight to the point as this guy is SERIOUSLY incapable of being an Admin.
Who bans someone just for saying that the host is s***? Or that he doesnt care if you're online, in-game? Grow a pair
I took the ban like a normal player and appealed to it on forum only to find out that there's no ban appeal section so I created one but what did you do? You deleted my thread and also banned my forum account. Why? You were scared that I was on point with just about everything I said?
Fortunately, you didnt IP ban me. I made a new character and played incognito. When I revealed my true identity, you asked me why I came back and I answered the truest answer "I came back to ruin the fun". You banned me again but did you ban me after that statement? Or is it just because you reach into an orgasm when you ban someone? Note: This guy told me that he'd ban anyone for personal reasons. Lmao. Not because you broke a rule but as long as he wants to, he can.

If the reason for your second time banning me was this issue so called "gold exploit", I did not take part of any of that s***. I dont even know the whole story. So, you really have no reason at all, to ban me.

Now that we've tackled this "gold exploit" that supposedly my guild mates committed. Did you check the logs? Or was this issue just a cover up to get rid of our guild's existence in your server simply because you have this intense hatred for us? Also note that: this guy told me he has seen our guild doing the exploit repetitively since we started joining the server. Then wtf? Why didnt you take an action from the start? The worst thing you could possibly do was portray us, experienced renewal players, as abusers. To me, It sounds like you're trying to cover up an exploit committed by someone else. Perhaps someone you know. Perhaps someone named Kush? Oh you know, the typical @item for the closest friend any admin has in a server.

I personally do not care if you talked s*** or harassed my guildies on main chat. I can take s***-loads of those but the sad thing is that, you cant. You basically talk s*** but when we retaliate, you ban players due to your buttfrustration. And oh wow! "This guild is formed with the usual pinoys who join servers and ruin them. Of course this is just an opinion... and whatever you comment about this, is totally fine... before you do it... I take it back I am sorry If I ofended someone but any server administrator knows this is a latent phenomenon."
Are you that retarded? So you're saying that all pinoys that join a server will instantly ruin it? Blatant racism. On top of that, our guild has about only 5-6 pinoys. You clearly dont get why we played there and took "ruining the fun" to another universe. We simply wanted to dominate in your server as we clearly already were dominating in every aspect hence the reason why you hate us? Mad?

So to generally conclude, this Admin is just your regular admin. Catering the needs of prontera princesses, make sure you bow down to him as he passes by the red carpet and of course donate. Good luck with your server, Elias.

Hammertime

He keeps deleting my goodbye thread on his forum which shows our side of the story. So I'll show my side of the story as I'm the guildmaster of the guild that has been banned. The admin harassed me in main channel when I suggested the warper shouldn't be changed and that a poll for it should be opened on forum to see what the community wants. So in response to his harassment I called him a clown and got banned ( char ban all accounts and IP ban no warnings). He banned me just before the WoE I was looking forward to play with my guild. After my ban and after Woe he was harassing our guild server wide and some of my guildies protested and got banned as well. So after banning alot of our members he portrays us as if our entire guild abused Menblatt (gold 100%) drop to cover up for the personal reasons why he banned us(being annoyed by us). What really happened is we found that menblatt 5/6 days ago and this other guild Rice/GodsofOrigin knew this from the start (2 months). We found it, because we wondered how this guild was getting all this gold, bragging in main about how much gold they were getting(Kush) and they vend alot of it it for 500k in market. So surely some of us farmed(3 players or so) it just to compete with this guild as it was buying up all the good cards. However what's 1 week vs 2 months. So I login on my other IP and realize this godsoforigin/rice players(Kush, Tilly etc) never got banned and Admin knows they have collected menblatt for so long, because he can check the item log. We have enough proofs as well, but GM does not care. This seems to me like Favoritism. Admin is very friendly with the guildmaster of Rice/Godsoforigin: Kush and also with the rest of the guild. To me the Admin has shown that he is not capable of maintaining this server that had pretty good potential, because he does not have the communication skills nor the objectivism that is required for the GM role.

Short summary of the server: Powerabuse and Favoritism

limitless71

Oh wow, I did not believe that I have been called out by you guys. I do not know what is your problem with me as all I have done is talk about the economy and post some of my opinions about it. How does this relate to me having no knowledge on RO? I do not have any power in game and I just regularly post and moderate the forums like what a forum mod should do.

I have only heard about the gold exploit and no nothing of this sort due to how I have not been playing on the server for these past few days. As for the favoritism and stuff, I do not believe I can really comment on it as I wasn't aware of it until reading the forum posts. But I'm pretty sure that exploiting the game in any shape or form, and not reporting it can result in a ban. Why do you need to be warned first for exploiting a bug? You clearly know that it is wrong to do so and it is explained in the rules. Warnings are mainly for something small as verbal abuse or what not, which is not the case here. As for Kush of his guild and whether or not they did it? I do not have any idea but people who exploit bugs purposefully should be banned, and that's the end of it.

Personally, I believe that the GM accepts criticism quite well as you can find on the whole threads of suggestion posts listed on the forum. As for personal attacks on other people? I do not think it is necessary as it does not relate to the topic at hand (happened many times while I was talking about the economy). I'm unsure why people think ad hominem is a legit way to win an argument. As I have mentioned previously, I'm sure that the GM gave warning about personally attacking him yet you did not seem to stop and continued to verb

As for sever events, I believe that the admin was planning on recruiting an event GM but due to all of this, I'm sure that has been delayed. Guild competition is crap and I know of this, I have been constantly saying how WOE has been started too early and how guilds did not have time to grow at all. Class balance is also something that the admin has no control over, as this mainly times into how the warper npc is implemented to warp to anywhere. As a result there has been a poll and a suggestion about matters relating to this and how to fix the balancing of a low rate server. How do the vote items ruin the game? Voting rewards aren't that hard to get and everyone would eventually be able to get the donation items. Although I do believe that the addition of event tokens would help towards this, but this has yet to be implemented

-limit (the forum mod who got shouted out)

Rekt

I dont see any shoutouts for you. Dont go full retard, again, please.

Innomite

Not only you make fun of your fellow players but make racist comments? What hell of an Admin do you think you are?
Typical pinoys? I'm not pinoy. But this makes me think that you hold a grudge against pinoys.
Also, why do you keep ignoring the "accusations" of your favoritism towards Rice or OriginsOFWhatever? Why don't you want to talk about it?

limitless71

Quote from: Rekt on Nov 04, 2013, 01:52 PM
I dont see any shoutouts for you. Dont go full retard, again, please.

If you did not notice I am the forum moderator for that website, and if you think shout out have to mean something positive it does not. It is merely mention someone and make their presence known. Again with you getting emotional and calling people retarded. I do not know why you have to take all of this personally and get angry at all of this.

Rekt

Quote from: limitless71 on Nov 04, 2013, 03:12 PM
If you did not notice I am the forum moderator for that website, and if you think shout out have to mean something positive it does not. It is merely mention someone and make their presence known. Again with you getting emotional and calling people retarded. I do not know why you have to take all of this personally and get angry at all of this.
The original poster, Hammertime and myself wondered why are you butthurt over all these posts when its clearly not aimed at you. You shouldve seen us laugh and wonder why.

Also, never emotional but always angry. Bads like you get me mad.

EliasB

Quote from: Rekt on Nov 04, 2013, 11:31 AM
Wow I was supposed to be the one to start the review extension but thanks anyway, Omen.

Also, Hi Elias. https://www.facebook.com/elias.bakkali?fref=ts So you went on facebook and you found a 12 years kid? I don't have a facebook profile, that's not me, and that's not my name. Don't get me wrong.

This guy's specialty is taking things out of context and obviously not comprehending any of anyone's point so enjoy making long donkey posts about this guy. Proof is, how this guy replies to the bad reviews the players are giving him (http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=16517&itv=6&url_sname=OriginalRO&page_num=1) and obviously this one. Get over it... really....

I kicked you twice from my server. A private server. A private server is private... you can u n d e r s t a n d i t ? I reserve my right of admission.

I'll make mines straight to the point as this guy is SERIOUSLY incapable of being an Admin.

Who bans someone just for saying that the host is s***? Or that he doesnt care if you're online, in-game? Grow a pair
I took the ban like a normal player and appealed to it on forum only to find out that there's no ban appeal section so I created one but what did you do? You deleted my thread and also banned my forum account. Why? You were scared that I was on point with just about everything I said?
If you wanna say that the host is a s***, say it in your house... or is daddy going to slap you ? o.o

Fortunately, you didnt IP ban me. I made a new character and played incognito. When I revealed my true identity, you asked me why I came back and I answered the truest answer "I came back to ruin the fun". You banned me again but did you ban me after that statement? Or is it just because you reach into an orgasm when you ban someone? Note: This guy told me that he'd ban anyone for personal reasons. Lmao. Not because you broke a rule but as long as he wants to, he can.

Fortunately, you didnt IP ban me. LOL, happy ? "I came back to ruin the fun" - Fair enough to kick you again. Why do people actually come back when you ban them ? Go to ratemyserver and then to low rates and find a better server.. what is your problem... it hurts ?

If the reason for your second time banning me was this issue so called "gold exploit", I did not take part of any of that s***. I dont even know the whole story. So, you really have no reason at all, to ban me. I banned you because I've already banned you and because your behaviour was still the same when you came back... if only you were nice...
Since you came to Original you have always kept saying s*** in prontera (our main town), just get over it please.

Now that we've tackled this "gold exploit" that supposedly my guild mates committed. Did you check the logs? Or was this issue just a cover up to get rid of our guild's existence in your server simply because you have this intense hatred for us? Also note that: this guy told me he has seen our guild doing the exploit repetitively since we started joining the server. NEVER DID SO, I saw weird amount of zenys and had around 4 conversation with the person who brought to the server Lexii and always had a lot of reason to explain the zeny... so I did not really mind it.Then wtf? Why didnt you take an action from the start? The worst thing you could possibly do was portray us, experienced renewal players, as abusers. To me, It sounds like you're trying to cover up an exploit committed by someone else. Perhaps someone you know. Perhaps someone named Kush? Oh you know, the typical @item for the closest friend any admin has in a server. It makes no sence what you say... Each sentence I read makes you look more retarded... Why the hell would I allow a mob to drop gold so a player can take advantage of it... if I can use the zeny command to give him all the zeny I want... GET OVER IT MATE!!

I personally do not care if you talked s*** or harassed my guildies on main chat. I can take s***-loads of those but the sad thing is that, you cant. You basically talk s*** but when we retaliate, you ban players due to your buttfrustration. And oh wow! "This guild is formed with the usual pinoys who join servers and ruin them. Of course this is just an opinion... and whatever you comment about this, is totally fine... before you do it... I take it back I am sorry If I ofended someone but any server administrator knows this is a latent phenomenon."
Are you that retarded? GET OVER IT MATE!!So you're saying that all pinoys that join a server will instantly ruin it? Blatant racism. This is not what I wrote and... it has a strikethrough so please... Go cry to your mommy. On top of that, our guild has about only 5-6 pinoys. You clearly dont get why we played there and took "ruining the fun" to another universe. We simply wanted to dominate in your server as we clearly already were dominating in every aspect hence the reason why you hate us? Mad?
GET OVER IT MATE!!

So to generally conclude, this Admin is just your regular admin. Catering the needs of prontera princesses, make sure you bow down to him as he passes by the red carpet and of course donate. Good luck with your server, Elias. Thanks <3 You seem very resentful, or is it scorned /kis