OriginalRO - Review

Started by Innomite, Nov 02, 2013, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limitless71

The original poster mentioned my name at the beginning and claimed that I have no knowledge of RO. Why am I responding to this topic? First, my name is mentioned in a negative manner. Second, I actually care about the server and post suggestions and constructive criticism about the server. Third, I do not think that most of your points are valid and are clouded by emotion. Fourth, you talk like you guys actually gathered up together and sit in a circle to post and rant about this.

PS. Anger is an emotion.

King Kong

I'm just a player and i don't matter but here is my take on this from a players perspective...This guild and the individuals in it have destroyed our server and terrorized it long before getting banned. They where openly disrespectful to the Admin and in general. I feel the server is doing much better since their departure but is obviously still dealing with their merciless vendetta's and personal grudges against the admin who we all that stayed still back and respect. They were wrong and refuse to admit it. I know what really happened and how corrupt they really were. Neglecting to report bugs or exploits that could and did eventually ruin the economy. This Admin reacted the second he became aware of things and did everything in his power to fix things. Still fights for the server  and keeps us together and moving forward. I contribute to the server in every-way i can and if you want to see how great we really are come check us out for yourself don't just take some grieving persons spiteful words. I am the guildmaster or Purgatory...a small..unimportant but loving guild who hopes of nothing more then bringing joy and excitement to day to day player lives. And its people like me that make this server an amazing place. I'm "King Kong" and i leave you with that.

Triper

Quote from: EliasB on Nov 04, 2013, 09:56 AM
P.S:

This is not a script... This is rAthena fault. The bug is still latent.

https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk/npc/re/mobs/fields/eclage.txt

REPLACE INTO `mob_db` VALUES (2363,'MENBLATT','Menblatt','Menblatt',143,82200,1,4150,3421,3,816,1017,79,50,70,68,40,55,108,30,10,12,1,4,44,0x3795,145,472,1056,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,6516,2000,6524,50,6499,2000,15051,1000,2169,100,969,2000,6499,10000,0,0,0,0,0,0);

If you want to protect your server, be careful about the mob.

You think, you think... c'mon... Visit the website: http://www.originalro.com/?module=server&action=info

Instead of just throwing comments... We don't have such commands on the server.

STOP THE DRAMA, GET OVER IT, AND GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

P.S ( 2) Thanks for the publicity.
I actually searched at google and yes, there is reports of this being wrong. It's supposed to be the gold drop from Bakunawa but it's wrongly put at Menblatt. The point is - this is your server, there is no "it's rAthena fault". You're the admin so you're supposed to check everything before putting the server online!

I imagine if someone at rAthena do a April's fool joke and screw everything. You wouldn't even notice until someone reported ...

EliasB

Quote from: Triper on Nov 04, 2013, 04:47 PM
I actually searched at google and yes, there is reports of this being wrong. It's supposed to be the gold drop from Bakunawa but it's wrongly put at Menblatt. The point is - this is your server, there is no "it's rAthena fault". You're the admin so you're supposed to check everything before putting the server online!

I imagine if someone at rAthena do a April's fool joke and screw everything. You wouldn't even notice until someone reported ...

Hi,

Thanks for corroborating this, kind of you.

How is a server admin supposed to know wether this kind of bug is present on his server or not... When you have 10 players yelling at you for various bugs (rAthena related aswell, wrong formulas, calculations, people who are not familiar to renewal) that you try to fix or patch. Actually... what you do is patch the files meanwhile some action is taken and an updated is released. This on a side of course.

Besides, many servers at the moment have this bug, very crowded servers actually... I, myself, get involed ingame aswell as stay out of it to deal with all the possible situations an administrator can confront aiming to improve the server's quality and player's experience.

Sometimes it's imposible to handle this kind of stuff... because sadly people prefear to exploit a bug instead of reporting and probably save the place where they play, enjoy and have fun... We're talking about civic consciousness and this is another matter... We would need to speak about education aswell so let's just skip all these stuff.

I will find a solution that suits most my server. I repeat, the damage has been mitigated and all the zeny/gold has been deleted.

Still some details to brush, but that's it.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards.

Hummingbird

Hi~! Helga Hummingbird/RoryRhythm here~ :D

Quote from: Innomite on Nov 02, 2013, 08:00 PM
Alright so, not really gonna enter in details. But you can ask me for proof if this doesn't convince you.
I played around 1 month in this server, it has good stuffs but unfortunately has a lot of bad stuffs within.

Server Stability:
Good but not that great. There aren't disconnections but some huge spike lag from time to time.

I'm not experiencing lag spikes >.< lag spikes only occurs when admin is fixing some npc. :D

Server Availability:
Das nice, nothing wrong in here, move on.

Community Ratings:
Just like any other kind of community, here isn't the exception. It's surprisingly helpful and nice. Of course there are a******, but that's just like in any other server.

Friendliness:
There are a lot of helpful players, but just like I said before, a****** will never miss being on every place.

Eventfulness:
Uhh, in my time playing I never saw the Admin hosting any event, there are like a disguiser? And that's pretty much it.

I always participate on that event when i was new, the disguiser guy :))) you can try it guys it's fun :P Anyway, some of the players dont need events since everyone is busy hunting equips, items and leveling their characters coz the server is 2 months old and new player pops up every week. So yeah, no single player demands for an event.

Game Master Ratings

Availability:
I just saw this Admin like 6 times in my whole time. So you can give yourselves an idea.

I always see admin every time i log :/ Everytime he shouts, all the players pm him i think haha. So imagine the pain he has to endure everyday. If that happens to me, im going to fvcking block my message :))) 2 or 3 chatmates is a pain in the as$ what more if you receive 4 and up :P

Anyway, @TS whats your characters name on oRO? maybe you only logged 6 times? :/

Helpfulness:
No comment.

To me, he is helpful. I remember when i got a prob on homunculus and mercenary. My ROalways crash. He give me some basic troubleshooting but im so stupid to understand them, i told the admin to just remove the fvcking mercenary and he only answered "ok". Then viola~ mercenary is gone haha :D

Game Play Ratings

Economy:
There was once a time that the Admin decided that stuff shouldn't be sold at higher prices than 5m and anyone doing this shall get kicked or jailed. And the server was like 2 months ago. So yeah, the economy is kinda terrible in here.

Well, thats true. But the players are selling their items for 5m? come one, can you buy that when you're new to a server? Economy is still unstable but you know, every ragnarok servers encounter this kind of problem.

And the economy is being manipulated by those people who have gained zenys in a different way. You know what  i mean :D

Guild Competition:
There were like 2 or 3 guilds but one guild got banned for "exploiting a zeny bug". See details on side notes.

You're not updated, are you really a player of original RO? there are 4 or 5 guilds i think? Eclectics, CookieMonsters, Rice, FairyTail and Nomad (not sure if still active)? Well, the first 3 have many members i think.

Class Balance:
Sura plis. OP as f***.

Side notes and a personal comment from the guy who's posting this.
Honestly I first thought that this server would really make a difference between all of those generic renewal private servers.
But sadly, there are a lot of flaws in the staff, which consists on the Admin and one Forum Moderator which no one likes because he lacks knowledge about pretty much everything on RO.

The Admin here acts like a dictator or more like a crybaby. Some guild called CookieMonsters (which I am not part of) got most of their members banned because of talking on a disrespectful way to the Admin, and some of them were apparently "abusing a zeny bug". Funny thing is that this Admin never gave them a first or second warning, he insta-perma-banned their IPs without warnings. What kind of Admin does that? He also tried to humilliate them or harass them in main chat. Accusing them of ruining the game (I could post screenshots if you'd like)
The donation items are really overpowered. Not because they were only obtainable by Donators. Actually, they can be obtained by Voters, but c'mon... RWC 2008 Gold? You kiddin' right? There are also some wings that add +7% resistance against demihuman or something like that.

If those items are overpowered, then why people not buying those. Geez ~_~

And of course, how could I forget about the favoritism? You could easily tell when the Admin is giving out items or zeny to reward donators.

1/100 I would totally not play this server again. It's sad for such a nice community.

Want to move it to Rant and Rave? Go ahead.

The only thing i want to know is if there really is a favoritism. I want to know Kushs side coz its unfair if people bash him without even knowing his side.

Oh and btw, this guy name Reckt? I remember telling you to learn some manners ingame lol. You also have the nerved to post on this thread.. geez. I know that people from CookieMonsters are your friends and its an initial reaction to defend your friends... but arent you just plain bullying the admin?

You talk as if you played more than your guildmates does, you dont even fvcking donate or reach 3rd job so i dont know where your hatred is coming from. I'll understand if you're the guildmaster or Lexii or Lils (the only player i know on cookie monster) but you're just Reckt, nobody knows you and you dont have the rights to be angry. :P Creepy stalker ~__~

Anyway, its so sad that it comes to this. Some of the cookiemonsters members were nice to me :/

Innomite

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=16517&url_sname=OriginalRO&page_num=1

Please tell me that the Admin didn't tell you guys to post these fake reviews just to cover up the other ones below.

@KingKong

Terrorized the server? So the damage is that great you guys are thinking of a server wipe?

We're not making any kind of vendetta. And I don't hold any personal grudge against Admin or the players. I just want you to know what kind of Admin is running on your server. Maybe if you look at the responses he's giving to the CookieMonsters' members you may realize.

My ingame name was Axis. I didn't level but I used to log really frequently. Maybe the times he was online were completely different from the ones I was on. But I didn't see him that much.

By the way, gonna quote something interesting I found in forums
"I find it hard to believe after 2 months that only 4 people (from the same guild) would keep it to themselves (the zeny exploit) and farm this mob. 
Why?
Look at the number of players and level 130+ characters on this server and I am referring to suras, rangers, RGs and RKs.
"

Of course some of them got banned by different reasons, but c'mon. Someone else could have noticed it.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!

limitless71

Nope the admin didn't specifically ask anyone to post these reviews and they were all player-driven.

This incident is not the sole cause for the server wipe, and if you are the same Axis who posts on the forum, I would assume you know.

So basically in that quote are you trying to say that everyone who got to level 130+ all used this exploit?

The point here is that people noticed it, didn't bother to report it, and abused it. Simple as that.

krabs

Quote from: Innomite on Nov 02, 2013, 08:00 PM

The Admin here acts like a dictator or more like a crybaby.
Quote from: EliasB on Nov 04, 2013, 03:44 PM
GET OVER IT MATE!!
GET OVER IT MATE!!
GET OVER IT MATE!!

/heh /heh /heh

Quote from: King Kong on Nov 04, 2013, 03:55 PM
They were wrong and refuse to admit it. I know what really happened and how corrupt they really were.
HAHAHA your funny king kang keng kong kung!..this is what really happened = you donated a lot of cash and sold credits to kush (which is the real and original  zenny abuser)
Quote from: Innomite on Nov 03, 2013, 01:35 PM
Dunno, favoritism? They say that this Kush person has a lot of money thanks to the Admin. I don't think it's possible to have more than 2b at this point if his daily bank income is 400m.
http://imgur.com/5BAnYKJ
so....sorry king kong, elias will never give your money back
GET OVER IT MATE!!
GET OVER IT MATE!!
GET OVER IT MATE!!

Quote from: Hummingbird on Nov 04, 2013, 08:07 PM

Oh and btw, this guy name Reckt? I remember telling you to learn some manners ingame lol. You also have the nerved to post on this thread.. geez. I know that people from CookieMonsters are your friends and its an initial reaction to defend your friends... but arent you just plain bullying the admin?
:/[/color][/b]
Quote from: Rekt on Nov 04, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'll make mines straight to the point as this guy is SERIOUSLY incapable of being an Admin.
Who bans someone just for saying that the host is s***? Or that he doesnt care if you're online, in-game? Grow a pair
I took the ban like a normal player and appealed to it on forum only to find out that there's no ban appeal section so I created one but what did you do? You deleted my thread and also banned my forum account.

aww helga...getting ban like that  is enough reason for him to speak up...its clearly a gm power abuse and btw i was ban too after defending him and being rude to limitless, dude i didnt even cursed the guy...imagine that?

Lexii

wow do u think low level sura or gearless sura can farm there? also i already told u how i farmed not my problem if you're slow. also i asked u to check your picklog multiple of times.
Learn2PLAY

lilsword

I think this topic must be closed.

angelofsadness

hye2 mie here, about originalRO, PEACE LOVE~ FIRSTLY for the God sake i really love this server "technically" & unfortunately now i'm not really want to play in serious mode anymore, and the reason is

1:the exploit/bug do damage the server pretty bad in economy matter which will cause:

*the exploiter will gain advantage over the game it self/non-exploiter/newbie & newcomer which will cause unbalanced server ---> pvp/economy/woe/property.

* more importantly the long period time & energy that come from honest player"any level/type" will be wasted. <--- by using illegal zeny to get honest player property & extremely spam npc stuff or via OPupgrade@enchant stuff which need hell tons of zeny to sink the illegal zeny before zeny/bank/gold reset.

*some skill still bugged/un-fix example: camouflage <--- yeah this can be done if Admin want to, with his power "i guess ? xD"

*OK here the HOT topic: about Kush & the guildie thingy <--- i dnt really know much but based on the people who get banned + the screenie + "maybe" after picklog method... it kind of logic to ban em too "didn't ? xD" p/s: kush was cool & nice to me actually but yeah nothing personal juz logic statement from me. :)

* i dnt try to defend any party/side here... juz try to show/talk how stuff/things work "technically & logically"

*about the "pinoy statement" <--- as an Asian family this really made me feel uncomfortable even tho i'm not a pinoy :(

*about the Admin, so far he doing nice to me "as far as i know" so personally i dnt have a bad stuff to talk about him EXCEPT yeah he do some horrible things to u guys"banned group" according to this thread~ but s*** happen and human can change... if the Admin/any side/group still with the bad/selfish/ego altitude, even the server get reset/re-open 100 times the same problem will pop-up again, if not now maybe sooner :)

*talk about ban power = technically i hope it will goes like this next time ---> warning>mute>jail>char ban>ip ban "for the people who start with trash talking" & instant warning+char ban>ip ban "100% confirm bug abuser"

*solution ? i bet on server reset, YES a reset is kind of pain in the *** but if this method will lead to clean & harmony RO world that can be exp by/for current & new player, why not ? :)  for the donator & voter"who still want to stay on the server" they can get they legal credit restored back when the server done with reset... sound un-fair ? technically pretty fair :D

*personal matter <--- juz do a slow/table talk guys"including the Admin ofcoz" sorry seems to be the hardest words ? :)

***i never ever post stuff here in RMS ever since i joined/register but for this matter i had to... not bcoz i want to make a hatred or negative prospective but it bcoz i care & love this server "got good potential based on my RO exp" :)

****if & when the both side agreed for the peaceful solution~ this thread can be close/off for goods :)

***** lastly... im so sory if i dnt/cant help much for everyone, already try my best here & OBVIOUSLY so sory for the bad/poor English lang level. PEACE~ :)

Alcohol100

I'm known on oRO with alcohol brand names. It's up to you to guess who are those though. I don't usually post much but I felt the need to share something. Also take note that I'm not part of the Cookie group. Maybe I chat/clashed with them a few times but that's it.

@lilsword
I don't think this topic should be closed yet. I have something to contribute on this matter. I like your signature btw.  /ok

@limitless and @King Kong
My God you people are so blind!

Quote from: limitless71 on Nov 05, 2013, 01:11 AM
Nope the admin didn't specifically ask anyone to post these reviews and they were all player-driven.

Do you recall the time when Admin asked for everyone to write their review on RMS in exchange of credits? That's also the time when he asked for suggestions on what items to put on the donation shop also in exchange of credits provided that he agrees to it. Nvm, you'll deny this anway. By RMS' standards, paying players for review is illegal. I actually PMed him regarding that but I got no reply from him after that. Unfortunately, I can't access my forum ID (Whisky) anymore so I can't dig up my PM and provide a screenshot. Resetting my password didn't help too. I had high hopes on the server by that time and that was so stupid of me. Deny it all you want but maybe some other players remembered that. If I only SSed his chat that instance, that server could have been delisted on RMS.

Quote from: King Kong on Nov 04, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm just a player and i don't matter but here is my take on this from a players perspective...This guild and the individuals in it have destroyed our server and terrorized it long before getting banned. They where openly disrespectful to the Admin and in general. I feel the server is doing much better since their departure but is obviously still dealing with their merciless vendetta's and personal grudges against the admin who we all that stayed still back and respect. They were wrong and refuse to admit it. I know what really happened and how corrupt they really were. Neglecting to report bugs or exploits that could and did eventually ruin the economy. This Admin reacted the second he became aware of things and did everything in his power to fix things. Still fights for the server  and keeps us together and moving forward. I contribute to the server in every-way i can and if you want to see how great we really are come check us out for yourself don't just take some grieving persons spiteful words. I am the guildmaster or Purgatory...a small..unimportant but loving guild who hopes of nothing more then bringing joy and excitement to day to day player lives. And its people like me that make this server an amazing place. I'm "King Kong" and i leave you with that.

You said it yourself from the oRo forums that some of their group were banned due to disrespect to Admin. Apparently, Admin does not agree with you.

@EliasB
You obviously followed Steps 13 and 14 from http://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/how-to-make-a-failed-ro-pserver/. Keep it up!  /no1

Also, you're current server below your name has caught my attention. Actually, I've already noticed that Cyclone RO thing when I encountered an error on voting.  I did a little bit of digging and downloaded Cyclone RO due to my curiousity. What I found out is that server was the template for Original. Original indeed  /heh. oRO is basically the light version since the other one was a HR server. The server has has also been running since May this year until now. I asked a player ( I didn't chatted with myself here in case you're doubting). He was actually aware that GM's can play their own characters.

http://i42.tinypic.com/a0x8wi.jpg

Why am I even posting this and how this relates to the whole topic?
I could only just speculate I'm confident that Elias/Admin/Handsome/Pwnography is running two servers at the same time. Well, if you already know this, good for you. But if he can't even manage one server with lots of bugs, he shouldn't have the right to administer two.

In regards to the Menblatt gold pooping issue, it was actually still present on Cyclone. Imagine that server has been up since May and Elias never bothered to fix that on his lite version. You may refer to the image below:

http://i43.tinypic.com/bg1fv8.jpg

Whatever the outcome of this issue, only one thing is certain. That is Elias wins in the end. For the two month span that this oRO has been up. I wonder how much donations he already got aside from the ones paid on the server and advertisement fees.

I still have more proofs I have gathered but I'm leaving this for now.

Hummingbird

Quote from: krabs on Nov 05, 2013, 01:22 AM

aww helga...getting ban like that  is enough reason for him to speak up...its clearly a gm power abuse and btw i was ban too after defending him and being rude to limitless, dude i didnt even cursed the guy...imagine that?

Yeah, i'm against that too, about the ban.. but the dood is just a bully. I always see him complaining in pront... hes not even helping on how to improve the server. -____-

He deserves that.. but some of your guildmates shouldnt be ban just like that. >.<

@Bacardi

Wow, i learned so many things on your post. :/

I think the admin is doing great maintaining the server. I believe he knows what hes doing and hes thinking someways on how to improve oRO.. it's just.. the a admin have a short temper. >.<

I still love oRO but i cant be fvcked to play right now, everything seems to be different. >.<

lilsword

Quote from: Alcohol100 on Nov 05, 2013, 05:20 AM
@lilsword
I don't think this topic should be closed yet. I have something to contribute on this matter. I like your signature btw.  /ok

But this topic causes nothing but hatred.  /wah and thank you for your compliment  /ok

Innomite

Wow. I didn't think that Elias would do such a thing. And here I thought that his actions on oRO were bad enough.
I actually thought that the only issue with that CycloneRO thingy was a ripped setup.exe from it.
Now I'm banned from their forums while I was suggesting them not to wipe out the server since I don't think that the damage was that great. But apparently the server isn't going as "perfectly fine" as the admin says in that screenshot (thanks Alcohol). I learned a lot of things from your post, thank you mang.

Quote from: crysiscore3 on Sep 22, 2011, 04:43 PM

Step Thirteen
Ban the people who play

Well, maybe the reason your community isn't growing is because the few people who actually play on your server are a bunch of cheaters, or jerks! Ban them. Make up silly rules that you don't post anywhere. Ask your cousin who only knows Python to mess with the client and make an "anti-hack" system.

Step Fourteen
Escalate the drama
When one of your scorned players inevitably comes to RMS to complain, call them names, mock them and proudly declare that you're better off without them and you hope they become a cancer on some other server.
Then, when other server owners question your conduct, flame them with double intensity. Accuse them of conspiring against you.

lol

@angelofsadness Do you think of the outcome a wipe could bring? People who donated will lose their items. Besides, it's a low rates server, so the people that put their hardwork into maxing will probably leave due to the wipe, and I logged in last night and everyone is like, doing fine. Our issue is with the Admin's decisions, not with the community (probably Kush).
"All" the four players who exploited the bug were banned, right? Then there's no need to worry about the economy anymore.
The server does have good potential, but is run by someone who doesn't think twice over his actions.

@Limitless, don't be so naive. You saw it when Admin was practically begging for reviews and donations like 3 weeks ago (if I recall correctly, that's when I joined that server). I actually remember when Admin was doing that stuff for reviews @Alcohol.

So, you're going to tell me that from a lot of maxed players who farm gears and stuffs, especially those who are zenydiggers, there are only 4 players banned? C'mon, someone else should have been discovered it. I find it really stupid that only 4 people were banned because of exploiting because if I recall correctly, HammerTime and Rekt both got banned for being "rude" to the Admin. Which leaves us with 2 bug abusers, and there are 4 bans on Elias' screenshots.

@lilsword Maybe my comments were too harsh so I'm asking for an apologize to you, I don't mean to cause hatred but to let people realize. Alcohol already did.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!