OriginalRO not so original

Started by BUFF TILL I CRY, Jan 08, 2014, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUFF TILL I CRY

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this but I think it should be reported as it happens with many servers. OriginalRO has stolen content from PureRO by copy-pasting text and images. I believe this should be reported so that OriginalRO starts making original posts instead of taking it from other servers. Proof is seen below.

Just looking at the two posts it is apparent that the information is copied. They look strangely similar. The first post is that done by Helios of PureRO and the second is done by Admin of OriginalRO. The original PureRO topic is located here: http://www.pure-ro.net/forums/index.php?/topic/982-episode-141-bifrost/ OriginalRO's stolen topic is here: http://www.originalro.com/board/index.php?/topic/138-episode-141-bifrost/

To further prove that they copy-pasted I checked the source of originalRO's forums. They used the exact same images and didn't bother re-uploading or anything. All images are the same as used by PureRO and you can see PureRO's website in the code as well for the pictures they did not upload to imgur.

Triper

It seems that there is more. I found out that they're also using IntenseRO's images after searching for some topics.
Evidence:
Spoiler

[close]

The thing is - They had authorization for that? Using bandwidth of someone's server is already bad but in PureRO's case is the text too which looks terribad :s

Kensei

Implying there's any original server nowadays. Every new server will always copy out older server that has proven to be lasting long, assuming them popular.

Also, I don't think any server owner would let other server owners to use their stuffs though, especially without permission (looking at how they don't even bother changing source site and just dump other servers' stuff on their own place). And hey I don't see "Original"RO asked for permission. Just going "oh let's dump all the good things from other popular servers we take the best and combine it so we'll become the bestest hurr".

Innomite

What an ironic name for a server.

I'm already starting to imagine Elias' responses with his big red caps.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!

inzanity

My god. OFFICIAL EPISODE INFO CONTENT HAS BEEN COPIED. THIS SERVER MUST BE s*** NOW, right?

Guys grow up. You are talking about gravitys property here and how some admins display it. Jesus christ. If he was stealing custom content id understand you guys. But you are making pointless drama over official content every one uses. The term "original" has nothing to do with it. Jesus Christ.

Im sure mr pure RO admin copied all of this from official forums/Websites aswell. Please get a clue.

urboyfriend

dat 1 post and form of posting, stop hiding to newly created accounts  /heh

Triper

The problem isn't if the server is s*** or not, nobody saying that, what is being point here is that they decided to get something well made into their forums and usually, around here, people ask others to remove or change it because it's a shame to having to resource to that. If they've authorization for that, no problem with it, everything is clarified.

In another topic, I did as you said and decided to search if PureRO really did copied their text/images from somewhere and found out that CycloneRO also have this and I can't find out a place from where PureRO copied their text. The only thing "copied" is that the images used in the topic are edited versions of the stuff related that episode. If you've a source about what you're claiming, post it and the topic shall be closed since it's clarified that everybody used the same official source.

Related to the PureRO's text. It seems that Original and Cyclone actually made changes on the text because they changed PureRO to OriginalRO and CycloneRO to fit their servers.
QuoteAs in the previous episode, PureRO does not introduce any new equipment but rather equipment boxes which contain an assortment of equipment already available. Included in this is is ammunition such as Elven Arrows which are also not available. Players will still be able to obtain Mora Coins from quests as well as many ETC items from monsters.
QuoteAs in the previous episode, OriginalRO does not introduce any new equipment but rather equipment boxes which contain an assortment of equipment already available. Included in this is is ammunition such as Elven Arrows which are also not available. Players will still be able to obtain Mora Coins from quests as well as many ETC items from monsters.
QuoteAs in the previous episode, CycloneRO does not introduce any new equipment but rather equipment boxes which contain an assortment of equipment already available. Included in this is is ammunition such as Elven Arrows which are also not available. Players will still be able to obtain Mora Coins from quests as well as many ETC items from monsters.

Note - CycloneRO is known to be another server of OriginalRO's admin.

Hummingbird

@Triper

Is it possible that the 2 admin knew each other or they have the same web/forum designer?  /heh

Nobody from PureRO are posting in here. Is it a bad or good thing?  /hmm

Xenoiaos

The PureRO community has been made aware of this post only a few hours ago. I only discovered it because the topic title was amusing. Needless to say I was rather surprised when I found out the post involved a server (PureRO) I had just joined. As far as I know our head admin is aware of the situation but has yet to comment on it.

Triper

Quote from: Hummingbird on Jan 09, 2014, 09:24 PM
@Triper

Is it possible that the 2 admin knew each other or they have the same web/forum designer?  /heh
That's a possibility that I also considered but there is no answer from both sides until now.

QuoteThe thing is - They had authorization for that?
QuoteIf they've authorization for that, no problem with it, everything is clarified.
^ This is what I asked in my previous comments but nobody answered about it yet.

MrMystery

PureRO Owner here.

This was brought to my attention not too long ago as someone has posted it to our forums as well. We did not give OriginalRO or CycloneRO any permission to use our text or images. Triper is correct, the main image used was done using the same Bifrost image that appears in nearly every mention of the episode. The other images use sprites and mini-map images. We did not draw these images but have edited them to our liking which is what most servers do, so I have no problem with that. This is obviously copied and is using the same exact edited images from our site.

There should be no question as to who's text that belongs to between PureRO, OriginalRO, and CycloneRO. "Equipment boxes which contain an assortment of equipment already available" is pretty unique to PureRO so I'm surprised that they didn't bother removing that text (unless they also made custom equipment box items like ours). Notice how the post dates from CycloneRO and OriginalRO are posted on dates after we've posted ours? Besides, from Triper's post it looks like they didn't just copy from us but from IntenseRO as well.

In short, I'm not the Admin of OriginalRO or CycloneRO and did not give either of them permission to use any of our images or text. I wouldn't be surprised if IntenseRO did not give them permission as well.

inzanity

cant believe you guys are so uptight bout somrthing that isnt originally urs in the first place. sounds like a bunch of hyprocrites to me, sorry...

Chemical Crush

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 09, 2014, 10:22 PM
cant believe you guys are so uptight bout somrthing that isnt originally urs in the first place. sounds like a bunch of hyprocrites to me, sorry...

Can't believe people can't write text to their own server instead of being a buncha lazy asshats and copying simple text instead of taking 2 seconds to write up their own.  Wonder what else is copied.  Then again I shouldn't be surprised, what server isn't copying another it seems like. 

MrMystery

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Jan 09, 2014, 11:25 PM
Can't believe people can't write text to their own server instead of being a buncha lazy asshats and copying simple text instead of taking 2 seconds to write up their own.  Wonder what else is copied.  Then again I shouldn't be surprised, what server isn't copying another it seems like.

^ I don't understand it either. It really doesn't take that long to put the Episode in your own words. I don't understand copying the text, formatting, and images.

Besides, I'm not really making a big deal about it. I understand that there's a lot of similar content between servers, especially artwork/images and text from official servers. But copy-pasting from private servers without even bothering to upload your own images (The IntenseRO sprite images) or write a paragraph on your own is very very lazy.

Innomite

Quote from: MrMystery on Jan 10, 2014, 12:42 AM
But copy-pasting from private servers without even bothering to upload your own images (The IntenseRO sprite images) or write a paragraph on your own is very very lazy.

^ Because the amount of effort and joy you put into your server tells how many actual f*** you give about it. It's really a shame because OriginalRO has actually a lot of potential, I would come back if I wasn't banned. But being this lazy is just so top-tier.

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 09, 2014, 10:22 PM

Sorry not sorry. BRO DO YOU EVEN INGLES.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!