OnceRO Logic

Started by Kris, Apr 20, 2016, 02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kensei

Nothing's better than butting in a drama thread after long hiatus, in a quiet and cold night.

Anyway, I have read mostly Kris and AraDandy's posts and here's what I have to say.

Kris :

1. Yes judging from your posts you're not the nicest person around, but I'd suggest to make your report slightly more formal with less slang/bad words. That way people here would take it more seriously.

2. Second, I have to agree that Skype chats are considered private matter, so I don't think it should be shared unless it's your trump card. And in no way I'd take Skype chat "an official statement"

3. I don't think you marking yourself "good" is also a good move. Everyone has their own criteria and if you've been on the server for quite some time, you should know their tastes and make your entry revolves around it so they'll like it.

4. Your video entry doesn't seem "marketing" enough compared to others though, but I'll put more comments below.

Ara Dandy :

1. You made your official resignation post at April 8 and ends at April 15. By right, you should NOT vote as you already informed your resignation before. And yes, if you would like to be taken seriously, you should had all your powers stripped because you said you're resigning.

2. Apparently you aren't clean either. The proof that some random statement triggered you does mean you are hiding something. In this part, I'd have to slightly agree that if name calling triggered you, there's something related in between you and the mentioned name.

3. Kris did a clean job exposing you badmouthing. The question is, I don't know if you did that on some isolated places with your buddies only (instead of doing it publicly) as a joke, or was it a Broadcast? Kris' screenshot was definitely not showing the latest chat happening, but I don't see you on the screen as well (probable Broadcast).

4. And as said by someone here, it is also part of GM to clear out misunderstandings. If Kris' statement seemed somehow provocative to you, do a better job of clearing out the statement instead of deleting. If you want me to remove this point, show me Kris' post and what did you do to clear this up.

5. Lastly, are you going to post every of Kris' forum post here? I know that sometimes it's needed for proof but do not overdo it. If not, it's just like what you don't like, "cyberbullying". And based on your second goodbye thread, you both were flaunting personal attack that ended up with Kris posting his troll goodbye post. In no way this is related to the case, it's simply your personal matter with Kris.

Neutral :

1. I don't think Kris' statement ("I knew Dicey would win") is much of a provocation. It's much more to a neutral statement. Depending on how you take it, of course. But as a neutral side, yes, I do not see how it is a provocation. If someone is triggered by it then that person surely is hiding something.

2. Why would you people assume each others' IRL identity / relationship. That is pretty much adding more bias and does not solve anything. Unless you have proof like pics or statement or anything that is close to "official". Ara Dandy sure said herself that Dicey is her BF but refer back to above statement, I don't think ANY statement should be taken seriously unless there's a solid proof.

Why? Because at this moment everyone should understand that Internet is all about lies.

3. I don't know why Ara rather pointed to "Cosplay Contest", but from Kris' OP, he was referring to the "Marketing Video Contest".

4. Talking about Kris' entry video, I'd put my comment here because I don't want to mix the content with the case. But what's it about again. The title was "Legacy Bow Lel" and I don't know what are you trying to say in it. Was it about the damage? I wouldn't cry over that because a yoloing Biochem doesn't mean god mode even though you have AHK + Autopot + all needed stuffs/gears/buffs.

For Kris, I don't think I'd need to ask anything first to see whether he's the right one or not, but I'd like you to explain regarding the PvP Room Screenshot where I see Surtr talked to you, what is it about and how is it related to the case?

For Ara, don't you think you need to post the GM chat about the judging process, and the forum log on who banned Kris and the reason (and if you do not mind, the whole discussion with other GMs before banning Kris). I understand that it is confidential but that should prove something from your side instead of throwing proof-less words to each other.

This case could go for a long run up to either of you. You want to close it or keep it going.

Cheers.

Kris

Quote from: Kensei on Apr 27, 2016, 03:54 PM
4. Talking about Kris' entry video, I'd put my comment here because I don't want to mix the content with the case. But what's it about again. The title was "Legacy Bow Lel" and I don't know what are you trying to say in it. Was it about the damage? I wouldn't cry over that because a yoloing Biochem doesn't mean god mode even though you have AHK + Autopot + all needed stuffs/gears/buffs.

For Kris, I don't think I'd need to ask anything first to see whether he's the right one or not, but I'd like you to explain regarding the PvP Room Screenshot where I see Surtr talked to you, what is it about and how is it related to the case?

I didn't have a real entry like they mentioned before, it was this video I made long ago to show people how 'balanced' the legacy weapons were. Instead of flaunting fake things that aren't frequent on the server, I just posted a realistic video of how imbalanced one of the legacy weapons were. I could have made more videos to showcase each of these legacy weapons but that's time consuming tbh. I didn't bother with making a real entry for the marketing video simply because I knew that I had zilch chances of winning anything, considering the colossal amount of favouritism on the server.

For the second part, if you read Ara's Ragnarok Online thesis on the previous page, somewhere down the irrational extended essay, she mentions that GMs don't conspire amongst themselves but that's not true because it's evident (via the screenshot) that GM Leaf(admin) asked his fellow staff members to -1 suggestions that were either hard to implement or just simply didn't want to implement them (even though majority of the people wanted to see them implemented.

Once again, I openly invite any one of you to contact any active member (non-staff) to get a more realistic approach about the server.
2k21 Return

Kris

Quote from: AraDandy on Apr 26, 2016, 01:51 PM
I am only going to reply to this topic one time.
Just realised that even the first line of your extended essay was lies.  /sob
2k21 Return

Hakk

Not taking sides, but since you already resigned on April 8, that means you're no longer part of the GM Team and you shouldn't vote for the contest. As Kensei said, you should had all your powers stripped because you said you're resigning.  /hmm

Yuzo

Quote from: Hakk on Apr 28, 2016, 02:26 AM
Not taking sides, but since you already resigned on April 8, that means you're no longer part of the GM Team and you shouldn't vote for the contest. As Kensei said, you should had all your powers stripped because you said you're resigning.  /hmm
Honestly its like that whole "I'm quitting, moving servers, leaving and never coming back, here are my items" phase 90% of players have gone through, only to be playing a few months later.
I remember on an old server, one person in particular had 7 goodbye threads stating "this is it" and "my time has come".

Sounds like this GM wanted to leave, but also wanted the option of coming back. Why not say "I'm laying off my duties. I will still retain my role in a free manner - basically I'll show up whenever"? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe this person has autism. We know how the minds of people too invested in a game work.

unrelated picture:
Spoiler

[close]

Kris

GM Ara Dandy will never quit OnceRO simply because no other decent server will hire her. Not only does she lack the ability to be transparent but also the fact that she lacks a lot of RO knowledge. If you guys go over onceRO forums, you will notice that most of the server side problems / in game problems are dealt or answered by experienced players, like myself. I don't mean for that to come out as a brag but it's kind of unfortunate for an admin who's barely online (Leaf) to hire a head GM(Ara Dandy) who's knowledge about RO is so paltry.

She made her resignation post on forums almost a month ago because apparently even she didn't like the admin and said that she found certain shady information about him, which she doesn't want to disclose to me. In reality, she just wanted people to write good posts so that her online feelings and sentiments would get a boost. She even asked me a couple times on skype to write something on her farewell post, which she proudly quoted on the previous page.

There's really not much anyone could do apart from making sure that nobody else hire's her or her boyfriend.
2k21 Return

Hakk

Quote from: Yuzo on Apr 28, 2016, 03:11 AM
Honestly its like that whole "I'm quitting, moving servers, leaving and never coming back, here are my items" phase 90% of players have gone through, only to be playing a few months later.
I remember on an old server, one person in particular had 7 goodbye threads stating "this is it" and "my time has come".

Sounds like this GM wanted to leave, but also wanted the option of coming back. Why not say "I'm laying off my duties. I will still retain my role in a free manner - basically I'll show up whenever"? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe this person has autism. We know how the minds of people too invested in a game work.

unrelated picture:
Spoiler

[close]

Yeah I get what you mean. Should I be proud as I never do that whenever I'm leaving a server? Personally, if I'm leaving a server, I just leave, that's it, no emo goodbye thread or whatever.  /heh

Prism~

Quote from: Kris on Apr 27, 2016, 05:43 PM
For the second part, if you read Ara's Ragnarok Online thesis on the previous page, somewhere down the irrational extended essay, she mentions that GMs don't conspire amongst themselves but that's not true because it's evident (via the screenshot) that GM Leaf(admin) asked his fellow staff members to -1 suggestions that were either hard to implement or just simply didn't want to implement them (even though majority of the people wanted to see them implemented.

This is truly sad. Don't open a server if you don't want to put the work in that it takes. I've noticed a lot of laziness and closed mindedness to their suggestion answering/implementation. Such a shame to see.

Kris

cancerous staff smh

Spoiler
[close]
2k21 Return

V3 THE AHK GOD

Didn't know the server was alive, Staff is horrid on there lol. Read the part about ARA saying she could join DOM as a staff, glad I got to read this, made me laugh alot. The stuff said about ARA on skype group convo's / FB groups would stop her from GMing on any server ever honestly..My opinion is this about the server itself, It WAS decent at one point. ARA cannot take criticism period, practically rage banned 5 guilds along with leaf because of their feelings being hurt, IF this server is alive I see it being barely on its last legs

Prism~

Quote from: V3 THE AHK GOD on May 04, 2016, 02:29 AM
Didn't know the server was alive, Staff is horrid on there lol. Read the part about ARA saying she could join DOM as a staff, glad I got to read this, made me laugh alot. The stuff said about ARA on skype group convo's / FB groups would stop her from GMing on any server ever honestly..My opinion is this about the server itself, It WAS decent at one point. ARA cannot take criticism period, practically rage banned 5 guilds along with leaf because of their feelings being hurt, IF this server is alive I see it being barely on its last legs

From what I've noticed it's dying off slowly. It's mostly filled with vendors and people who have been playing there for a long time who don't wanna start over due to having items and zeny. But with new servers coming out, I'm seeing the population slowly die out and some of the high-end players moving out. I once thought it was going to be a promising server and it was a decent server as well like you said but the toxicity of the staff, and the lack of caring for the server is leading them over the cliff it looks like...

Kris

Spoiler
[close]

2k21 Return

MeowMeow

Honestly, someone needed to say something either from the GM team or an outside player. If someone had stated that they felt that Ara Dandy, due to her relationship w/ one of the responders of the event, may pose an unjust verdict, then she should've willingly excluded herself from the voting. However most GMs don't like to admit they can create bias conclusions and always refuse to back out from voting. It's more admirable if you admit your mistakes, since no one is perfect. I've yet to see a forums event where you actually get to see which GM voted for what/who's entry and for what reason that GM voted. It could help clear player drama.

This is an old corrupt Aeva event where they purposely choose lame entries so they wouldn't have to pick mine :>
http://board.aeva-ro.com/index.php?/topic/1508-forum-event-screenshotsrainbowsjudging-results-soon/
Ofc the staff hated me, but still that is bias. A player even stated that the winning entries weren't even good.
In any cause, no point in staying on a server where your voice is shut out
Soon enough, there won't be anyone left to silence

wingsabre

hi lol I only got to post now, and yea @kris hello <3 thanks btw really. uhm yea, like someone else said it's mostly the people who have been playing from the start, the ones that ""pioneered" the server, the players are nice i'll commend them for that but, nothing is really new in the server's quite boring as you progress, very repetitive too... lol and, yea there's way more vendors and the number of players seem to not match with the one you see in-game.

Kris

GM Ara Dumbdy needs to be inducted into tha RMS hall of shame  /lv
2k21 Return