Once RO 2k16

Started by cfVash, May 31, 2016, 01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfVash

I know this server has been the most "successful" server of 2k15 going into 2k16. And we all know this server is at a decline already. Yet this server maintains a constant 500+ population like it's nothing. Despite having 0 GM activity, that is. It's been bothering me how there are barely 20 people in main town but 500+ online all the time until i stumbled upon this. I'll let you decide from the screenshots The first one was taken three to four weeks before the second from a GM account (which I only received from someone I know)

Spoiler

The second one was taken not long before I post this. My friends and I were checking these fake vendors.

Spoiler

These vendors were hidden in a map called neko_isle (Which we have no access to). The usual vending spot is called prtvend and prtvend1.

These aren't the only problems of once RO. Two of the last 3 saturday woes were cancelled, rather, abruptly ended due to "server closed". The admin, "Leaf" promised at the first instance that it wouldn't happen again yet it happened two weeks later. And no GM was available to check on this until 4-5 hours after WoE. And the GM that appeared was a support GM who was not able to contact the admin either. For which the admin said his skype was not functional (8-9 hours after the crash)

Spoiler

The above post is what the admin had to say about the crash. During the 8-9 hours of him being missing, the players created a thread on the WoE crash fail and there was about 4-5 pages (20 responses per page) on how the admin did a horrible job and how the server has gone to s***. Basically a frustration and "lol server" thread. Anyway, the GM probably didn't wanna respond to this. The forums were wiped clean when I checked it again later. A month or so ago, the head GM (only full time GM), Ara Dandy quit the server. Although she was totally not meant to be anything more than an event GM, she still spoke to the community. Currently, once RO has 0 active GMs and 1 GM who checks up once a week (doesn't log in game though) and 1 Admin who is probably in some holidaying spot on the donation money that comes in for the server.

Does Leaf remind you of someone from a past server? Maybe........ Case RO? Or Talis RO? Yeah, that's Yrvine, right? I'm not saying much but the most of the once RO WoE community pretty much know that Yrvine is Leaf and Leaf is Yrvine. This would be obvious to the people who were part of the opening community of Once RO who also played Case RO. This is just hearsay and I don't have any conclusive evidence but I've heard that Once RO's initial donation account was the same as Case RO's. If this is true, then this is enough evidence that Once RO is Case RO v3.

tl;dr Once RO has fake population, 0 GM activity, server crashes mid woe time. Yrvine = Leaf.

Moderator edit: links in spoiler tags are not real image links, image aren't showing up with image tags.

Yuzo

Firstly, you should use img tag for those images in the spoiler. You already put the spoiler to save room.

Secondly, well done on putting this in rant and rave. Nobody ever gets that right. /heh

Third thing, nice job putting a properly constructed post together, unlike the last person who talked smack about this server.

And finally, this server sounds pretty crappy. Forum wipe? Wut?

Prism~

Psh, once again, I am not surprised in the least. No way that that server is maintaining a population of 500. I'm tired of seeing this kind of childishness and dishonesty coming from this server. I would expect nothing less from Yrvine though, small minded people will always do small minded things.

Kris

Quote from: cfVash on May 31, 2016, 01:59 AM
I know this server has been the most "successful" server of 2k15

Stopped reading here

PS: It was established 1 year ago that Leaf = Yrvine
       & Talis = Yrvine 2 years ago

2k21 Return

flipflop9000

Hey. There wasn't a forum wipe. I think he just put his site's forum on "Maintenance Mode". However, there's a way to access the threads that you posted in before/ started. He won't do a forum wipe since Leaf/Yrvine is probably busy with his fake updates or n*w s*rv*r.

Some Links to Forums:
Spoiler

Server went down mid-woe: A "Support GM", GM Luci restarted the server. http://www.once-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4214-server-down-forums-sql-error-gg-woe/page-2

I don't know about how servers work but I would NEVER let an inactive and inexperienced support GM have access to server restarts.

A thread to the "last crash" TS was talking about: http://www.once-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4411-gg-woe/page-2Q
GM Luci did not come to the rescue this time.

Server down before WoE and characters being deleted: http://www.once-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4268-may-14/ and http://www.once-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4265-deleted-characters/

A thread on how people are complaining about Leaf's "Big Update" that are just a bunch of headgears: http://www.once-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4350-maintenance-may-20-2016/

Boasting about his "Big Update": http://www.once-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4275-server-is-back-online-news/
[close]

Not sure if you guys can see links without a logged in forum account. Sorry.

Leaf on removing "discouraging topics". He doesn't like it when people call him out on his blatant disregard for his server and players. :
Spoiler

[close]

Anyhow as for OnceRO. It was good because of the old community. Not because of the Admin. 10/10 would uninstall again.

BestPlayerEver

Man this server is a joke. I can't believe idiots actually believed the 500+ population bs. Maybe a few months into the server that MIGHT of been true (When they were stealing all of Woons population) but after a few more months, it was clearly a fake count. I mean really, empty towns through the entire server and empty pvp? it's a midrate server, there are no pvm parties going on to level so where the hell would they be? Even on WoonRO when the server had like 50 players online, Prontera was at least decently populated.

I've never seen that counter go under 500 before.