Oblivon Ragnarok Online And it's uncaring gm's

Started by simon0921, Aug 03, 2015, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon0921

My apologies guys, I'm really sleepy..

It's been 6 months since the server has been declared "dead" by it's patriots, for the past 8 months, I left the server back in 2014, around august when my PC was used by my other siblings for their studies, then around january, I've decided to go back to the server that I came to adore and love, realizing that twas already a ghost town with 30 members online (with you being the only person actually online and the rest are vendors with absurd vending titles at the mall)
I've also checked the forums and it's already been trolled by someone and yet the gms refuse to do anything about it...
You can actually start a thread about anything (Including advertising your server) in the forums like anywhere you like and the gms would even post on that.
I don't see the logic in this, I've PM the owner of the server to no avail, his staffs are also not replying to my threads.
Besides the ORO players that still woe during woe times, this server is practically dead, I don't even know why the server is still up for so long or who is supporting it(financially) , the reason it still keeps on going.. (Maybe it became a laundering front for some kingpin/cartel I dunno lol)
It's just really depressing seeing a once glorious server literally becoming it's servers name  OBLIVION... 

EudaldoA

This has happened in the past, it's happening to you now and it will definitely keep happening in the future. Suck it up and move on we've all been there, besides, there are still some very good servers around.

Just a piece of advice: Don't expect anything to be like "the old times" fact is time has change, we had people fairly new to the game back in the day, but nowadays most or all ragnarok community members are currently playing the game for nostalgic purposes.
See you, space cowboy!

Esdese22

maybe the staffs feel like it's not worth anymore to manage a dying community? who knows

simon0921

It wasn't a dying server before, It died because of lack of gm activity in it..
and I'm not expecting anything and I'm not being a b**** about it, nostalgia can and will take you up a notch, and it's better to embrace and savor the memories rather than sucking it up and wasting the opportunity of the euphoria, anyway I'm not really bummed that it's not the same anymore like the good OL days, what's really bumming me (in a business perspective) is that they really let their business go, there's a lot of demand (people donating) and yet they just kept on letting it slide until a lot of customers went looking for other "products and services" that would graciously provide them service in exchange for the cash. It's like you having a scholarship and decide to just not go to school (stop studying) even though you get high and decent grades. THAT'S WHAT REALLY BUMS MEH..