NovaRO The Great Pretender - Warning to EVERYONE

Started by TreasureEyeland, Jul 07, 2019, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreasureEyeland

SOMEONE HAS TO RESIGN HERE.

Primer: Sorry GM Tokei, but you won't get away with this one - try to talk your way out of here where you can't remove posts. To anyone reading this, DON'T PLAY IN THIS SERVER if you want fair treatment. DON'T DONATE TO THIS SERVER, especially if you are competitive. Your money will be better off elsewhere. If you don't want to read the long case below, simply DON'T PLAY or JOIN THIS SERVER.

I'm writing this review to continue the discussion which was halted by this severely deluded and biased GM named Tokei at NovaRO forums. This case scenario is rightfully a glimpse and an example of things to come from this server. The future looks really bleak for this server.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>This is concerning an event named King of the DEEPS in Nova. Basically, King of the DEEPS is an event where players have to damage a dummy monster as much as possible in 2 1/2 minutes and earn coins. The top 5 teams who damage the dummy the most will be rewarded at the end of the event will be rewarded. MVP cards were dummied out to allegedly even the competition, with some skills also nerfed to even the playing ground.

At the last day of the event, Nova decided that 2 skills, OMINOUS MOONLIGHT + WARMER, and MENTAL BREAKER, were intended to be disabled and henceforth declared them as "BUGS", to the detriment of many teams who built their teams around these 2 skills, especially the former.<<

A user by the name of J Reyes wrote the following in response to this blatant and flagrant GM move:
"First things first, you hot-fix the said bug at the LAST DAY OF THE EVENT. That means, players who planned meticulously their parties saw those particular skills as LEGIT as they have been enabled for 99% of the event duration. Don't give that BS of an excuse that "that was supposed to have been disabled" because if you were doing your job properly, that would have been disabled early or even middle of the event.

Second, those skills you mentioned above weren't "bugged" - they were simply "not disabled" because of some people called GMs who, intentionally or unintentionally, forgot to disable the skill but relinquish responsibility for that failure and attribute it to the players instead.

To add insult to injury, you omit the records of those who used those skills because "oh! we forgot to disable those skills" and you think you can rectify that error with a last second update. You apparently and grossly ignored the fact that people wasted huge times experimenting what skills they can use and planning their parties, thinking those skills were acceptable to use and that they needed to use their brain more than their luck. What a joke. How irresponsible.

Congratulations to the winners.

But huge shame on the organizers of this event. You proved that this server is all about amassing gears and NOT about strategizing. You penalized people for using their brains and being resourceful, massive salute to you.

Let's take it for what it is:  A miserable and poorly handled event Nova. You had the gall to nerf MVP cards in an attempt to "balance out the event" but end up skewing it in favor of other teams who brute-forced their way with their gears. Huge shame. Dont expect to get great reviews when you can't even properly manage an event let alone follow-through with your own goals.

P.S. You could have taken the high road, apologize for the error, and take it for what happened. But no, you determined to salvage and rectify the situation while all the while SHAMELESSLY ignoring the efforts of other people. Well, with your adjudication, you FAILED.

P.S. 2: You see where the perception of your MASSIVE BIAS is coming from? The outcome and adjudication of this event is 1 BIG solid irrefutable proof.

P.S. 3: Don't say that the DEEPs coins were consolation enough. They aren't. What a disappointing turn for this server."

Then came this apology that was in essence, a pathetic non-apology and attempt by this GM to justify their inaction and irresponsibility and make it appear that what happened and what they consequently did was justifiable:

GM Tokei writes:
""Heya,

Yes, we did fix these skills on the last day of the event and for that I apologize. We would have blocked them since day one if we knew about them sooner, but that was unfortunately not the case here. To me however, that was where a big part of the problem came from: nobody reported this issue until the very last day, people simply assumed we knew. We didn't. We only recently learned that Ominous Moonlight + Warmer was used and that people sold services in Prontera to other players for Deeps Coins using this method. None of us had any idea prior to that, so obviously we blocked it.

As for the @duel command cheat and Mental Breaker, we also only found out that day as well. That one was easier to fix as only one team used it so far. Instead of reporting the issue however, the said team went ahead and silently used it, complained about us fixing it, accused the top team of cheating and then went on a RMS bad review train about us being bias. I must say, and maybe that's just me, but I do believe this behavior is utterly disgusting and really messed up. It's one thing to be upset about a bug being fixed, it's another to throw accusations around and attempt to damage the server afterwards. The bug was later reported by the team, only after we had already fixed and blocked it.

I will take the blame for us not finding out these bugs sooner however. For that, I apologize as well. It would have been much easier if these were blocked sooner and we wouldn't be in this situation right now. Be that as it may, our options became much more limited at that point. We would either purposely reward teams that cheated or we could reward the teams that didn't. Now I'm well aware some people won't see it this way, but the right thing to do here was easy. All the runs were recorded and all the skills inside the instance were logged, so figuring out which team did what was fairly easy.

I must say that I'm very proud of our staff for going that route as well. We knew this wasn't the best decision to take to avoid drama, we knew it would upset the top teams, and we knew we'd get a lot of crap for it. And yet, the staff took this decision anyway.

On a final and more personal note, the whole event just made me sad. I had to learn that only very few people actually report bugs. To those who did, I do want to say a big thank you; I really do appreciate your help towards making a better server for all of us. Not just for this particular event, but those who report bugs in general. I don't say it often enough, and sometimes I even take it for granted, but I'm really proud of you all. I was also reminded of how much people dislike Arias, I tend to forget that. I know many of the people involved with this drama and it's somewhat hurtful to see them behaving in this fashion. This event had flaws, and I think it's fair of me to say that it wasn't what we had aimed for and that it caused all of us a lot of stress we didn't need.

This thread is now locked. (If Nova wants to reply or feels my reply is inappropriate, feel free to remove it.)

Edit: Posts have been removed." (END OF TOKEI'S REPLY)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's discuss just how unfair, ridiculous, and self-serving this reply from NovaRO's GM Tokei is. I will refute ALL points made by this GM in his reply.

Starting with...
1)"Edit: Posts have been removed."

Reply: Yeah, you deleted all other posts in the forums that complained about your decision. You CHOSE TO TURN A BLINDEYE TO THOSE and don't want others to see more clearly your errors. Yeah, good job building the WRONGNESS of your case.

2)"We would have blocked them since day one if we knew about them sooner, but that was unfortunately not the case here. To me however, that was where a big part of the problem came from: nobody reported this issue until the very last day, people simply assumed we knew"

Reply: Mr GM, the fact that you didn't know for 1 f*cking month or 30 days of you loitering in Prontera just goes to show HOW IRRESPONSIBLE YOU ARE, as J Reyes already said it, in overseeing the event. Nobody also reported it because OMINOUS MOONLIGHT + WARMER were working the way they were intended to. Stop calling it a bug, doofus. Why don't you call it instead as "my dumb error", owe up to your mistake, and deem it legit as part of you being responsible?

3)"people sold services in Prontera to other players for Deeps Coins using this method. None of us had any idea prior to that, so obviously we blocked it"

Reply: In the real world Mr. GM, intelligence is the capital of "professionals" - that's why you pay doctors or lawyers for their services. They spend time and resources to get the knowledge they know. Why then would you penalize people for selling what they discovered LEGIT with their effort and time? Is it their fault they tried to be creative? What are you, a baby? Maybe it will help that you spend some time in the real world just so you know that it works like THAT.

Furthermore, why will you penalize EVERYONE? Did everyone even try to make a buck out of it?

4) "As for the @duel command cheat and Mental Breaker, we also only found out that day as well. That one was easier to fix as only one team used it so far. Instead of reporting the issue however, the said team went ahead and silently used it, complained about us fixing it, accused the top team of cheating and then went on a RMS bad review train about us being bias. I must say, and maybe that's just me, but I do believe this behavior is utterly disgusting and really messed up..."

Reply: Bug means that something isn't working the way it was intended to be. If OMINOUS MOONLIGHT + WARMER were WORKING THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK, then why are you putting it in the same wavelength as what you deemed Mental Breaker to be? Also, yes, you are really biased and the only ones who won't admit it is YOU.

5) "I will take the blame for us not finding out these bugs sooner... .... our options became much more limited at that point. We would either purposely reward teams that cheated or we could reward the teams that didn't."

Reply: Mr. GM, taking the blame means doing something about your error, not forgetting about it entirely and saying "oh I'm sorry and let's move on now" and telling players its their fault. You forget THAT PEOPLE TRULY REGARDED OMINOUS MOONLIGHT + WARMER AS A LEGIT STRATEGY and spent HOURS and even DAYS' WORTH OF THEIR PRECIOUS TIME INCORPORATING IT IN THEIR PARTY STRATEGIES, ONLY FOR YOUR IRRESPONSIBILITY TO GO FULL OVERDRIVE AND LABEL THESE OTHER PEOPLE INSTEAD AS CHEATERS and ABSOLVE YOURSELF FROM YOUR ERROR.

This is the main meat of this injustice: YOU REFUSING TO ACCEPT YOUR GLARING ERROR GENUINELY and STILL PASSING YOUR ERROR as a CHEAT BY OTHER PLAYERS. DON'T EVEN APOLOGIZE when you still f*cking TRY TO OFFER AN EXCUSE!

NOT ALL THE TEAMS YOU ARE CALLING CHEATERS GOT PROFIT FROM THESE STRATEGIES. BUT MANY OF THESE TEAMS THAT YOU ARE CALLING "CHEATERS" ARE THE TEAMS THAT TOOK TIME TO THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX and OF WHAT WAS ALLOWED FOR 29 DAYS and 16 HOURS. THEY WERE THE PEOPLE WHO, as J. Reyes pointed out, WERE "using their brains and being resourceful". Now why the hell would you penalize them?

6)"Now I'm well aware some people won't see it this way, but the right thing to do here was easy..."

Reply: What was easy for you to do is DISRESPECT PEOPLE'S EFFORTS and TIME, DISREGARD YOUR MISTAKE AND PASS IT OFF AS ANOTHER MISTAKE THAT WAS UNFORTUNATE, and DELETE OTHER POSTS IN THE FORUMS MADE BY OTHER PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS.

What was hard for you to do is "DO THE RIGHT THING, RESPECT CREATIVITY and INGENUITY (from J Reyes) and APOLOGIZE GENUINELY BY REWARDING THE RIGHT PEOPLE."

Also, "some people won't see it this way" --> Dear GM, the only people who see things from your deluded perspective are you and probably the people you rewarded and benefited from your mistake.

7)"we knew we'd get a lot of crap for it. And yet, the staff took this decision anyway"

Reply: What a numbskull reply. Then why didn't you take the route wherein you weren't gonna get CRAP. The reason why you are getting CRAP is because you are making CRAPPY decisions and actions even at the end of the event. You sucked at the beginning, middle and you still want to suck at the end? Talk about pursuit of excellence, GM.

8.)"On a final and more personal note, the whole event just made me sad. I had to learn that only very few people actually report bugs.."

Reply: Again, stop it with the "bugs", especially for OMINOUS MOONLIGHT and WARMER. No, you shouldn't be sad, Mr GM. You should be f*cking ASHAMED for your incompetence.

"I had to learn that only very few people actually report bugs.." --> we also learned that you checked bugs only at the last day of a month-long event despite staying in Prontera. Talk about being IRRESPONSIBLE and BAD AT YOUR JOB.

And lastly,
9)I was also reminded of how much people dislike Arias, I tend to forget that. I know many of the people involved with this drama and it's somewhat hurtful to see them behaving in this fashion.

Reply: Part of the reason why so many people dislike ARIAS is because of you and your team Mr. GM and your skewed justifications that favor him, either deliberately or indeliberately. Stop sympathizing when you yourself are a contributor to the hate.

To those who read through the end, the outcome of this is predictable as this has happened 100% of the time: Life goes on for Tokei and the others and they will forget their injustice after 1 night. They will sleep thoroughly and act as if nothing happened afterwards.

But I strongly implore you, especially NEW PLAYERS: DON'T PLAY IN THIS SERVER. YOU WILL BE SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED. MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY LEFT. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THIS SERVER WILL SOON IMPLODE FROM LACK OF GOOD MANAGEMENT.

P.S. To GM Tokei: Please resign. Thank you. That's the honorable thing to do.   

Innomite

Imagine being this salty over an unintended mechanic being removed and making a whole crybaby drama out of it.

Ominous Moonlight + Warmer was not intended to work inside and yes it was a stupid overlook/incompetence from the staff when designing the event. But there was a reason why the HP drain effect from Insignias was removed. Think about it a bit. The top teams didn't even use it so what's your point? Hahaha.

Now, if I'm not wrong, you had to cheat out the @duel command with MBK and a bunch of other convoluted techniques because MBK lasts 30 seconds in order to gain advantage from it, and even then you had 2~4 seconds of downtime to use it. If you had to do such a thing and even hide it when asked, then that's wrong, right?

Why are you not accepting your blame? Why are you playing the victim? Are you mad that a team with actual resources and brain outplayed you in every single way without having to abuse any unintended mechanic like you did? You're just a sore loser who can't accept the fact that you got beat by a better team with better strategies, and now you're putting the whole blame on the staff who held this event which by the way was completely free.

But wait, did you get your deeps coins removed? Did you get your consumables and hats removed? Did you get punished? Did you get the zeny you gained through selling services for one entire month removed? No, right? You're just butthurt that your precious niche strategy was nuked the last day and you got your 5b entry removed because of an abuse of something that was clearly not intended.

The staff was stupid for overlooking these obvious unintended mechanics but you're even more idiotic to think you have any right to complain for their incompetence.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!

TreasureEyeland

Ok Mr Innomite, I will also rebutt your reply, point-per-point and show you how much of an imbecile you truly are. Don't ever comment on this thread again if you have less than 1 brain cell. Coz you currently don't even have one.

1) "Imagine being this salty over an unintended mechanic being removed and making a whole crybaby drama out of it."

Reply: a). you are not in the server, b) you didn't spend hours and days planning your party and assembling your gear, and c) you don't have anything to gain from here.

2) "...yes it was a stupid overlook/incompetence from the staff when designing the event. But there was a reason why the HP drain effect from Insignias was removed. Think about it a bit. The top teams didn't even use it so what's your point? Hahaha."

Reply: You basically agreed the GMs made a mistake. Why are you then attacking me? Also, 3 of the original top 5 teams used that strategy. Oh, you also probably didn't know how to subtract. That's 60%, you f***.

3) "Why are you not accepting your blame? Why are you playing the victim? Are you mad that a team with actual resources and brain outplayed you in every single way without having to abuse any unintended mechanic like you did? You're just a sore loser who can't accept the fact that you got beat by a better team with better strategies, and now you're putting the whole blame on the staff who held this event which by the way was completely free."

Reply: Many people are mad because they were part of teams that used their brains and outplayed people that had better gears but made less effort to think things through. Haha. You also basically admitted that they already made a mistake. Read the whole piece again 1000x times maybe you will understand where. Or maybe 1 million times. Such idiocy you have. Oh, you probably don't understand that word. I'll tell you: look at the mirror. That's what it means.

4) "No, right? You're just butthurt that your precious niche strategy was nuked the last day and you got your 5b entry removed because of an abuse of something that was clearly not intended."

Reply: "abuse that was something clearly not intended" --> yeah, we learned that 8 hours prior to the end of the event. Also, it was not clear, sir. It was not even announced. Also, I'm not part of the 5b group.

5) "The staff was stupid for overlooking these obvious unintended mechanics but you're even more idiotic to think you have any right to complain for their incompetence."

Reply: Well, thanks for agreeing with me on the first part. On the second, let me just ask you then: who has the right then? The dog? You? Oh you and the previous are one and the same, sorry I forgot. (LAUGHS)

Anyway, thanks sir. You basically just affirmed what I said the whole piece.

Innomite

It's my bad for assuming that NovaRO players can read but let me tell you a few things just to clear your dumb little numbskull.

Quote from: TreasureEyeland on Jul 07, 2019, 02:24 PM
Reply: a). you are not in the server, b) you didn't spend hours and days planning your party and assembling your gear, and c) you don't have anything to gain from here.

Sorry I actually AM in the server. I was even on one of the top 5 teams in which I got my rewards fair and square because we didn't have the need to abuse unintended mechanics that were not supposed to work since day 1. We didn't keep certain strategies to ourselves and we kept our rewards because we were not imbeciles who took advantage over the GM's mistakes.

Hours and days planning and assembling gear? Don't be ridiculous. All you needed was 3 highly geared warlocks, a linked wanderer and a sorcerer with spellfist wind gear + insignia to deal more than 3b damage with the greatest of ease. It took me 5 hours to find the right people for my team and attain one of the top 5 prizes. Stop being so melodramatic, you're making a fool of yourself right now.

Reply: You basically agreed the GMs made a mistake. Why are you then attacking me? Also, 3 of the original top 5 teams used that strategy. Oh, you also probably didn't know how to subtract. That's 60%, you f***.

You must check your brain because agreeing with you on the GMs making a mistake does not mean I agree with you on everything else. If 3 of the original 5 teams used the strategy, and the top team didn't even abuse any unintended mechanic because it got hotfixed before they even got to try, then that means your hours and days of planning sucked because you couldn't get 7b damage. So basically team Clear Box and team Ara Liadon are out of the radar? That's nice to know. I guess they were fair players with better strats than yours  /no1

Reply: Many people are mad because they were part of teams that used their brains and outplayed people that had better gears but made less effort to think things through. Haha. You also basically admitted that they already made a mistake. Read the whole piece again 1000x times maybe you will understand where. Or maybe 1 million times. Such idiocy you have. Oh, you probably don't understand that word. I'll tell you: look at the mirror. That's what it means.

I really don't see people being mad at this other than Geitzz for how naturally unfair the event was and Koen's team; and even then Koen has kept himself rather silent and calm regarding this situation, and let me tell you his team is the one that has got the most s*** by people along with Ara's team. You're just bringing shame to those you call friends because you can't let go of your poor defeat. And you didn't reply if you got your rewards or coins removed  /heh this means you have no rights to complain because you got rewarded anyways, even if you abused such unintended mechanics. I'd say you better be grateful that you didn't get your s*** removed despite being an a******.

Reply: "abuse that was something clearly not intended" --> yeah, we learned that 8 hours prior to the end of the event. Also, it was not clear, sir. It was not even announced. Also, I'm not part of the 5b group.

Let me teach you simple math with apples.

If one big apple called King Pouring has over 100b HP, and skills such as sorcerer's Insignias, which drain or regenerate 1.5% hp each 3 seconds affect it, this cute big apple will gain 1.5b HP per tick, or lose 1.5b HP per tick if the insignia is of the opposite element. This effect in general is borderline broken in an event like this since it'll easily add tons of DPS to the counter. The drain effect of the insignias was preemptively removed from the event in order to avoid such an easy abuse.

With some brainstorming (now if you had as much braincells as you claim you do) you'd know that using Ominous Moonlight + Warmer is almost 5 times stronger than a single insignia if you use the correct skills, right? The regular Warmer has a 3% HP recovery every 3 seconds, this is clearly not intended to work in an event with a dummy that has so much HP, right? This is common sense. But hey I'm the idiot.

Also you having to point out that you're not part of the 5b group just begs to yell that you actually are  /heh

Reply: Well, thanks for agreeing with me on the first part. On the second, let me just ask you then: who has the right then? The dog? You? Oh you and the previous are one and the same, sorry I forgot. (LAUGHS)

Anyway, thanks sir. You basically just affirmed what I said the whole piece.

Again, agreeing with you that the hotfixes were mistakes from the staff does not mean you're right on everything else. Get off the high road man, learn to lose, learn to adapt and improve and ask if something is intended or not, but I bet you don't even play sorcerer so that's why you thought that was such a legit strat and not Nova incompetence/overlooking. 

Anyways I had a good laugh with your naivety, cheers.

Xarale

Moving this to Rant & Rave as this is not a server review, this is a rant about an incident/event that occurred.

I'm not overly familiar with Renewal skills and therefore not sure what this Ominous Moonlight + Warmer combination actually does, so I can't really comment on that. 

From what I gather though, an event was created for the server, and there was an oversight with the aforementioned skills which was fixed during the last day of the event.  From what you posted, GM Tokei clearly admitted that the event had flaws and he apologised for the way it was handled.  So far I somewhat agree with you.  It seems the event wasn't thought out as well as it could have been, and I can see why folk like yourself would be a wee bit irked over it, especially with the last minute change.  It certainly doesn't look good that an unintended mechanic for the event went unnoticed by the GM team for almost an entire month.

However on the flip side, I do also think that you're way overreacting.  We all make mistakes after all, and it doesn't really seem like this particular mistake was made with any bad intentions, and I certainly don't think the GM in question needs to resign over it.  As mentioned previously, it seems to me that the event just was simply not thought out as much as it should have been. 

That's my two cents on the matter.

Also,
Don't ever comment on this thread again if you have less than 1 brain cell. Coz you currently don't even have one.
You do not get to determine who posts here and who doesn't.  You chose to publicly post here, so anyone is free to publicly respond.

-X.

Fufufu

And giving extra info here, GM Dust is confirmed as Ara, or known as Ara Liadon from Alli*nce guild, that was on 1st place team on this King of the Deeps events. They confirmed themselves on today AMA (Ask Me Anything) event that's ongoing on NovaRo discord right now.
https://puu.sh/DPSpo/72c16e6c77.png
https://puu.sh/DPTk3/02450349d6.png

I respect Hector (another GM on Nova), because he acted as what he should as GM. Even thought he was carrying some newbie in some PvM guild, he didnt actually aim for the rank, because he know he is a GM. I actually feel Hector kindness and this is true model of GM for me. The chat is there on Catb*tt Discord. (He is Sephiran)
https://puu.sh/DPSN0/1492d95b64.png
https://puu.sh/DPSNH/6dc99b432f.png

But this Mrs. Ara. Shame on you, GM Dust. And you actually WoE with big guild too, all this time, keeping it a secret. And it happen that guild have multiple of MvP card! Oh no can you guys smell the GM corruption here?  /omg
https://puu.sh/DPTG8/e481b9be8c.png
(Just kidding. I love you Alliance and i know its a legit mvp card. Maybe.)

And about Deeps again:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587084402937561108/597505008728145922/unknown.png
Yeah sure you confirmed it with GM. Makes everything convenient for your team. Elemental Change is legal cause........ uh..... You're the GM yourself here.  /omg
What's the use of this elemental table that you guys posted here then? https://puu.sh/DPTNT/58d7c46525.png
Or do you guys want to argue its other team own fault for not finding this b-b-b-bug? /wah

I hope, with this Deeps event you guys can learn and not make the same mistake again. I love your server. I still love your server even now im trying my best to help people playing here and even asked my friend to play here. Honestly I just want to forget about this and move on. But then being provoked and provoked again, in discord or in ingame, you guys cornered me and make me have no choice to post this. Next time try to being fair and find a solution that make everyone happy, so this kind of thing won't ever happen again.

Nithraniel

"You proved that this server is all about amassing gears and NOT about strategizing. You penalized people for using their brains and being resourceful"

Things that weren't intended like Elemental Change : Earth were allowed, even if it went out of the Element table they've set and shown to the player. Doing this was a smart idea, thinking outside the box.
However, using Warmer to deal a gigantic amount of damage to the dummy just because people know its health pool is big (which is made big ONLY to allow players to deal damage as much as they want), is not using the brain, it's trying to pretty much kill the scoreboard. The goal of the event is to get the highest amount of damage possible with endgame gears, using class synergy ! Not get a ridiculously high score with an oboro and a sorcerer with 0 gears, using a %HP combo that was sadly forgotten by devs who removed 99% of the HP based skills.

Ara

I mean. Obviously I meant I cleared it with someone that actually has input in the deeps event. You think the base GMs are all allowed make decisions about stuff on their own?
Like this.
Already got told off by Nova for not telling him about buffs that weren't being dispelled, so my team was actually very careful with making sure everything we did after that was allowed.

As for playing WoE: I've been on Alliance longer than I've been a GM. Do you want the GMs to cut off all their ties, quit their guilds, maybe handicap themselves irl or something?

And Hector. He pretty much designed this event. Of course he wouldn't be able to get titles. All I do is help out in #support, write the occasional quest, and make skill icons. Gives me a huge advantage, yeah?

Also, this AMA was like an hour ago. The original post has nothing to do with it. I don't post on RMS as a GM, I post as a player who thinks OP is just a sore loser who tried to get the top team disqualified because he couldn't beat them.

So if by "making everyone happy" you mean to reward you guys for being huge babies, I don't think that's a good solution to anything.

And also man, we beat your MBK/Warmer/Elemental Change run by like 200m before we learned about any of those. Sorry you "had no choice" but to whine on RMS.

Fufufu

And you still want to justified yourself even when you're already in wrong. Honestly this kind of event that allowed the GM, as player or not, to participate and win, if that's Nova approved, then I can't argue anything anymore. This is already Power Abuse area. Logic wouldn't work here. You win Ara. Congratulation for the glorious title of Elite 5 and enjoy 1st place. I'm going to move on and not bothering about this stupid events with stupid drama anymore. I hope MH2 going to be fun and can wash away all of our frustation. I love your server Nova, the community is great, the other GM is friendly, and I
expect it can only be better after this. Mistakes can happen and you guys are still human after all.  /ok

Fufufu

Oh btw, I started playing NovaRO in halloween and TTK is such a great and fun event for me! Summer was fun too especially the Dodge the Bombs. Personally I wouldn't judge a server by just 1 mistake. TTK is fun, Deeps is a mistake, Lets move on.

Innomite

Quote from: Fufufu on Jul 07, 2019, 04:42 PM
And you still want to justified yourself even when you're already in wrong. Honestly this kind of event that allowed the GM, as player or not, to participate and win, if that's Nova approved, then I can't argue anything anymore. This is already Power Abuse area. Logic wouldn't work here. You win Ara. Congratulation for the glorious title of Elite 5 and enjoy 1st place. I'm going to move on and not bothering about this stupid events with stupid drama anymore. I hope MH2 going to be fun and can wash away all of our frustation. I love your server Nova, the community is great, the other GM is friendly, and I
expect it can only be better after this. Mistakes can happen and you guys are still human after all.  /ok

Why is it wrong for a GM who has a legit account to play in an event where they can have a chance to win? Is it wrong for GMs to use their legit characters to play the game? Is this what you imply? GMs can't play the game?

GMs are not your Q&A sections which you can click each time you feel like it. They're players like you and me and they were players before being GMs, except Hector kek.

Anyways have fun in the b**** cry baby zone[/b] because you know what? None of this even mattered! The rewards have been handed out already and your complaints did nothing!  /heh

Fufufu

Stop giving example of the common attitude of the old player here Innomite or more well known as Clear Box. You just make the server look bad by your reply.

As for replying the GM thingy, its just not right for any event to have own staff to participate on it, and even won it. Please use your common sense. I didn't say Ara can't play as normal player beside her job as GM, my post intended to remind her to think about what the public would think. I mean, being a GM itself have an edge of easier access to other staff member so that's advantage in acquiring information more fast than anyone and let me remind you that information is power. Like, knowing that warmer is a considered as bug and elemental change is legit. Or that using mindbreaker is considered as mechanism abuse.

Don't make it sound like it's clear that it's a cheat, because you guys disabled it 8 hour before event end and didn't clarify anything at all before of what would be considered as cheat or not. The rules itself didn't prohibit any skill that you guys suddenly disabled on last day. Nothing about Hp% damage skill is forbidden too. I mean, look at the banner of this events https://puu.sh/DPWEA/d7d9d38a2a.png. We are just an honest player that brainstorm every night with our pleb gear trying to get as much score as possible.

I think Nova care about publicity too with how he remind us to rms review everytime. This is definitely won't look good in public.
And please stop fanning the flame again and just move on. And i can delete all my post if nova ask me, cause honestly i dont want to damage your server. But only if ara and other stop fanning the flame and accusing us cheating and even spreading the rumor everywhere else anymore. We just want a peace of mind without Ara, arias and friends terrorizing us everytime.

Ariasqt

Dont make yourself more important than you are I dont give a flying s*** about you. The only person I wanted to settle things with was koen because I thought we were somewhat friends due to a discord we shared, turns out he is a snake, unfortunate.

The other members of his team never were relevant and never will be but maybe their sad attempt at harming the server by posting in a dead forum will give them the attention they need.

Fufufu

So we can agree after this deeps event many friendship is broken right  /heh
I'm sorry that your friendship was broken by a simple event of what 5-man party could do the most damage to a dummy.

Ariasqt

"Somewhat" friends we chatted every other day through a discord and it's not the Event that broke the "friendship" but a Rat showing their true colors when not getting what they wanted because they simply were not good enough, like their whole team.

Edit: through a discord we shared randomly*

Rags

treasureisland is master of logic and argumentation.  rest of y'all merely single-brain-celled organisms, and he has rebutted u all b4 y'all even said anythin. and so tokei must resign in order to compensate for his oversight.

Koen

Didnt know that u were that mad against me bcuz some ppl told u that i were "spreading rumors". I dont really care if u believe me or not at this point.
The staff extended the event once to buff some skills and also fix others things, this led to clear all the Leaderboard 1 time, and being honest, this is how they should apply any fixed skill inside the event, right?
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/587435821104365569/597548520626716704/unknown.png?width=1026&height=295
But after fixing Warmer + Ominous Moonlight, no one said a thing, just a silent fix, didnt even tell about it in game, most ppl didnt notice cause they dont know about this.
Just some days ago they published this:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/587435821104365569/597554468250189845/unknown.png?width=860&height=473
The leaderboard changed after this "fix" but they just let us know after the event ends, so we cant even argue about it.
Also the staff complain about the ppl not reporting that "bug", what if this was a legit strat like Element Change(The one that make the #1 jump from 5.5b or smth to like 7b), atleast me, i wouldnt report it because there were staff member participating, how u guys want me to ask if something its considered as bug or not if u have staff members tryharding the event? Sorry, next time i will ask Ara if we can use that strat or not, but gonna beg her to dont use it if she approve it  /heh
Also, we have this element nerfs inside the instance
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587435821104365569/597565346177744908/unknown.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/587435821104365569/597565551031746560/unknown.png
But somehow, they let everyone use this:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/587435821104365569/597566394506149919/unknown.png?width=1005&height=473
This skill can turn the monster in water/fire/wind/earth level 4, what is a great advantage.
Teams will be able to choose its element between Level 1 Neutral, Fire, Wind and Earth elements.
So, this skill make the warlocks(top DPS after a wind insignia fix) doing insane damage using Chain Lighting cause u can just turn the mob into Water 4 and say goodbye to their element table and the nerfs that they made, bug or not? Well, if #1 can use it, looks legit, i mean u guys have a GM there, just ask ur teammate if u are abusing a bug or its ok to keep going with it  /heh
Sad that when the first leaderboard got cleared they extend the event and also give a compensation to the teams there, but this fix, the staff just keep it as a secret fix, and let everyone know about it after the event ends, who cares about the effort, who cares if the team being affected could be able to get 2nd place without using the skills that u forgot to disable, but well, its already done, the staff make a decision, quite unfair, but cant even argue if they are closing the topics on our forums.
The next time u guys want the ppl to trust in the staff members, shouldnt do competitive events with actually staff members tryharding.

ninekoki

Eternal reminder

Also paid shill are out in full force, pathetic. Well at least people like Ara get paid, meanwhile Arias does it for free.

Deegs

Hehe you guys are all cute, at least you're not being silenced, that'd be awful. Imagine if you could be a single click away from being banned. Truly a shame if I do say so!

NeverStrike

I don't need anyone to resign. I just want to voice out my opinion on this matter and I want people to see it. (Because our GM locked our thread)

I am very disappointed in how the GMs handled this situation. They have lost my trust and respect. They were very unprofessional.

I personally loved the Deeps event because it tested my years of RO knowledge. We just needed to deal the most DPS on a single dummy with 5 players. It was a delight for PVM focused players, such as myself. In their event, a subset of the rules mentioned several skills that are disabled such as:Bloody Lust, Feint Bomb, Fire Expansion Level 3, Fire Expansion Level 4, Flying Side Kick, Star Gladiator's Miracle, Scar of Tarou, Thorn Trap, Volcanic Ash, All GX Poisons. More importantly, Aside from the documented changes, there are many other skills and items that are also disabled, but their usage will not affect the event in any way. Thus, this vague ruling directly or indirectly gave the players the freedom to experiment and find skills that might work. Maybe not a lot were invested in the Deeps event, but for those who were, we tried and tested a lot. A lot.

I main RK and SE but had a general knowledge of the other classes. I have end game equips already with my SE. However, in order to get higher damage, I needed to learn about the skills of other classes. I was using NovaRO information regarding the skills supplemented by IRO(which may not be uptodate) and Divinepride. Mind you that testing Deeps is a 5 player event. I was very fortunate to have friends that joined me. They were also end game geared as well. We were at different timezones but adjusted to each others schedules. After a lot of tests, we saw that elemental change worked. After doing more tests towards the end of the Deeps deadline, we saw that ominous moonlight + warmer worked on the dummy. The GMs who might have handled the event may or may have left these skills unchecked, thus they worked. However, this was the setting of the dummy for weeks already. People who were testing will eventually find out. The dummy might have been an imperfect puzzle but everyone was solving the same imperfect puzzle already. However, the GMs then suddenly decide to remove pieces from the puzzle at the last day.
(sidenote: I was using Jitterbug Combo on the first day, it was fixed a few hours after and I am fine with that. However fixing something at the last day, not informing the players and just closing the event, that is another matter.)

What really irritates me is that the players who tried, invested their time, effort and resources and found skills that worked are now called cheaters. Moreover, the GMs have selectively called those who used the Ninja strategy to be abusive whilest letting the elemental change bug, still legitimate. To be more precise, the elemental change should have weighed more as a disqualification as to stated to their ruling, the dummy itself had a modified elemental table. Clearly, elemental change bypassed the spirit of that rule. Either way, if they ruled both skills as bugs, might as well fix EVERYTHING right? I would have been fine if they fixed everything and then gave an extension to notify their players of the change they made. But this was not the case. They selectively still saved elemental change. The top 1 still brags that they earned it without "cheating." Thus, we can see a bias in how they call things a bug.

I personally don't care anymore if I got into the top 5 or not. This particular incident was more for the principles. The GM staff could have handled things better. I know people make mistakes. We all do. GM Tokei was brave enough to apologize but still blame the players for not reporting. What irked me is that he closed the forum thread. There are different sides to a story and they listened only to a few.

I know this Deeps event might have been a small project to them while preparing for their bigger project MH2 (which they set a deadline and still didn't follow, again very unprofessional). However, this was a big thing for us players who participated in this event. They are apathetic to the time and effort we gave their server. I still love the spirit of the Deeps event but I hate how the GMs ended and handled this. They have lost my trust in their next endeavors.

novaisalwaysright

I'm just gonna give it how it is. NovaRO is a sh*tfest wherever you go. It looks and is great if you are just a casual pvm player or you are really connected to one of the GM members/Nova (or an alliance member). If you do not fit under these categories then you really only play this game due to it being the only remotely decent pvp renewal there is atm which Nova takes full advantage of. The server looks great on the outside but the more you play and the more you go in, you start to realize Nova and the GM team are just completely bias towards a certain player base which really isolates the rest of us and then on top of that they make total idiotic decisions over and over again either due to bad decision making or because they are bias (this is being nice). Anyone from nova that rebuts this is probably one of the casual players, an alliance member, a GM member (ara), or have a good relationship with a GM (box and arias), or the owner himself.

Truthbeentold

Quote from: novaisalwaysright on Jul 08, 2019, 02:45 AM
I'm just gonna give it how it is. NovaRO is a sh*tfest wherever you go. It looks and is great if you are just a casual pvm player or you are really connected to one of the GM members/Nova (or an alliance member). If you do not fit under these categories then you really only play this game due to it being the only remotely decent pvp renewal there is atm which Nova takes full advantage of. The server looks great on the outside but the more you play and the more you go in, you start to realize Nova and the GM team are just completely bias towards a certain player base which really isolates the rest of us and then on top of that they make total idiotic decisions over and over again either due to bad decision making or because they are bias (this is being nice). Anyone from nova that rebuts this is probably one of the casual players, an alliance member, a GM member (ara), or have a good relationship with a GM (box and arias), or the owner himself.
+10000
100% subscribe these words.
For example you have the user Ariarqt who you can find in any thread regarding Nova, who is incredibly disrespectful with literally everyone, flames, etc. (probably  13 years old inside). But since he is a personal friend of Nova, he doesn't get warned or banned or whatever. He literally can s*** in your face or cheat or whatever without getting punished.
That is just an example of how incredibly biased and partial Nova's GMs are.
Yesterday, they had an AmA at discord, they were flaming the s*** out of the servers who had GMs that played the game, they intentionally hided Ara as a GM (a player), so I guess they have changed their mind/policies or the are just terrible inconsistent.
I rather have a GM who plays and everybody knows their characters so people can track what he does, that being so sketchy and fishy and hiding relevant information to the users.
You just have to enter Nova's Discord to check that.
PS: is it Q2 yet?

TreasureEyeland

Bump.

Anecdote on NovaRO's magnificent culture
on 2016
"Hey guys, you are all irrelevant" - Ariasqt

"Hey stop on hating on Arias, he's not doing anything wrong! :( " - Tokei

on 2019
"Dont make yourself more important than you are I dont give a flying s*** about you" - Ariasqt, 2019

"Hey guys, stop hating on Arias. He does not do anything wrong! :( " - Tokei

LOL.

I'm still waiting for your reply Mr. Thickface, GM Tokei.

Ariasqt

Yup and my point still stands nobody knows you, and hiding behind a random Name to shout insults wont change that, and nobody cares about it. Therefore..hey.. You are still irrelevant  just as I told you you are so, what's your point?  /heh

TreasureEyeland

But I was just quoting you Mr. Arias, so your own comments that I quoted are insulting? I'm sorry sir, but you seem to be very good at insulting then.

Btw, Mr Arias, you just said I'm irrelevant then you want to know my name? I see some great logic you have there sir. You probably scored high on that in your exam, seeing as you are very relevant.

Btw, sir, how are you relevant? Can you teach us? Please name one thing you did other than insult and troll that makes you relevant. Oh yeah, you won THAT King of the Hubrees event. Congratulations, you are VERY RELEVANT now!

Hehe, btw, you haven't rebutted any of my points in my post. The only thing you did was to call everyone "irrelevant". By your Relevancy, can you enlighten us through replying to any of those points with relevant logic?

Also, btw, Your Relevancy, it also appears that you use that word often - "irrelevant". You seem to be acquainted with so many irrelevants you know about it a lot. Maybe you and your life are one too. I dunno. I'm "irrelevant", right?

Peace out (since I'm irrelevant).

P.S. Btw, sir shouldn't you not reply if I'm irrelevant? I'll also post memes about you just so you know. But you dont need to reply, your Relevancy. I'm irrelevant, ain't I? :)

giacapoj

Quote from: Koen on Jul 07, 2019, 07:34 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/587435821104365569/597548520626716704/unknown.png?width=1026&height=295
But after fixing Warmer + Ominous Moonlight, no one said a thing, just a silent fix, didnt even tell about it in game, most ppl didnt notice cause they dont know about this.
Just some days ago they published this:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/587435821104365569/597554468250189845/unknown.png?width=860&height=473
I've been inactive in this server for months now and doesn't give s*** about the deeps but deeply cares about the server, I've been here for more than a year, but there's just so much more IMPORTANT updates and fixes that doesn't publish in main about the server so I always check the news and forum every one on a while so I'll just be inform and it just became the norm for me if I want to be updated, It's just nova thing. (I guess?)

TreasureEyeland

Mr. Giacapoj,

Sir the "fix" wasn't told in any outlet, be it forum, news, or discord. It was also applied only in the last 8 hours of a MONTH-long event. They also only revealed the hot-fix when THE RESULTS of the WINNERS were already out of the event[/u].

They were very punctual and very responsible you see.

P.S. To Mr Arias, oh yeah sir, I'm sorry for my irrelevant comment. You don't have to post another "you are irrelevant" comment coz you know, everyone already knows you are relevant. Its also honestly getting boring (*snore*), sorry Your Relevancy.

giacapoj

Quote from: TreasureEyeland on Jul 09, 2019, 10:18 AM
Mr. Giacapoj,

Sir the "fix" wasn't told in any outlet, be it forum, news, or discord. It was also applied only in the last 8 hours of a MONTH-long event. They also only revealed the hot-fix when THE RESULTS of the WINNERS were already out of the event[/u].

They were very punctual and very responsible you see.

My bad, after reading:   The outcome is really unfair imo. If only I read this sentence then I'll knew best whats the big deal.

TreasureEyeland

Mr Giacapoj,

Yes sir, but you know, GM Tokei is very fair, the epitome of fairness actually.

He actually calls the people who used those skills as "CHEATERS". He's also very generous and open-minded. When people complained about it in the Nova forums, he locked the thread.

He is a very professional GM.

Mr. Arias, his Relevancy, will surely agree to this.

Oh sir, sorry also, but Mr Arias will call you irrelevant. Please excuse him. He and his life is so relevant he calls everyone that.

Truthbeentold

Quote from: Ariasqt on Jul 09, 2019, 05:38 AM
Yup and my point still stands nobody knows you, and hiding behind a random Name to shout insults wont change that, and nobody cares about it. Therefore..hey.. You are still irrelevant  just as I told you you are so, what's your point?  /heh
A relevant person in a pirate server of a 15 years old video game.
Your mother must be proud.
Thank you for proving everyone point of you being a total **** and GM's supporting your behaviour.
That is the prove that the moderators and GMs are completely biased and not everybody is going to be treated the same, specially if they are new.
Instead of punishing behaviour like yours that clearly is against the gaining of new players and the growth of its player base, they support and sometimes even encourage that behaviour.
That only is enough reason NOT to play in Nova.
PS: personally, the only reason why I knew you was cause you were a completely and total retard and rager in discords, otherwise I would had no f*** idea who you were.  If that is your reason for being relevant, you should take a deep look at your life.

TreasureEyeland

Hey Truthbeentold,

Brother, pls don't mock Arias, he is very relevant guy, you know. You know, he is so relevant, I actually heard he also called his mother "irrelevant"!.

There's also rumors of him saying that his first words when he came out of the womb at birth is "ir-re-le-vant"! Wowww! But right now, I'm afraid the only words he likes to say is "Irrelevant, Snake, Saldar, Cheating, Tokei, and Dog", being that they represent his Relevancy's main traits.

Oh and his Relevancy will also tell you you are "irrelevant", I'm sorry for that. But I'm sure you already knew that, didn't you? /wink

That's just his way of reaffirming himself. Please try to understand.

But brother, you are relevant to us.

P.S. He will say we're irrelevant again, but well, refer to above. :)

TreasureEyeland

Quote from: Ariasqt on Jul 09, 2019, 05:38 AM

Oh but we do care. That's why so many "irrelevants" have seen this thread and replied.

...So Your Relevancy,

So what's your point anyway? You never mentioned a point other than we are irrelevant and saying nothing will change that. Niceeee... I guess this is how relevant people work.

That's why GM Tokei also hasn't replied right? He regards everyone else as "irrelevant" like you right and so he likes to always cheat people out of their fair values.

Okay, we'll keep that in mind. We will try to promote the server then of its "relevancy".

Your irrelevant follower here,
AriasIsMostRelevantGuy609

Donuts

So you keep on bumping your thread with unnecessary posts since it's dying huh?

From what I can see, this thread is now more on people harassing the top team's players than actually putting input regarding the event.
I doubt that people would react this way if the top team's players were different.

It's sad that lots of people have misconceptions about certain players, GMs, and guilds.

Just because of this, everything about the server became negative to you.
NovaRO must be your life for you to cause too much drama because of something so little.

Stop being salty. It clearly shows you are.

TreasureEyeland

Oh I'm sorry Mr. Donut, but I'm just a pleb guy here who's trying to voice out his concerns. You are probably part of the "Relevant gang" so I'll do the honors of replying to your statement point-per-point.

1) "So you keep on bumping your thread with unnecessary posts since its dying huh?"

Its dying? Erm, you know, The last reply was 3 seconds ago. It was your reply. Also, the issues aforementioned at the opening post are still running because no one from the other side has clearly put up a logical response to the arguments presented therein. Can you name one?

This site is nice enough to cater to Plebs like me who can't voice out their concerns because threads are locked by some GMs. Now would you still take that away from us?

2) "This thread is now more on people harassing the top team's players than actually putting input regarding the event."

Oh? And who was it that kept calling people "irrelevants" and "snakes"? You know, I actually admitted to being an irrelevant and pleb.

Oh, and I actually put few INPUT actually, you can see it at the opening post. You know, when I put my opening post at Word, it was short. Only 5 pages. The logical replies here to this issue by the other party/ies? Not even one sentence. Oh yeah, the insults they gave, like yours, was already 2 pages worth.

3) "I doubt that people would react this way if the top team's players were different."

Yeah, I also think that too. That's because no one else calls everyone an "irrelevant", no other team also has a GM that masquerades as a player, then shuns said practice at the AMA, and so on. Also, they don't have a GM named Tokei that will bend the rules for them. So yeah, I agree with you here.

4) "Just because of this, everything about the server became negative to you."

Yes, that's because one thing like this (that you are belittling) and the GMs cannot fix it properly. How else can we trust them of other things in the future, and bigger ones at that? And they're even being elitist about it.

5) "Stop being salty. It clearly shows you are."

Salty? Lol. You know, aside from "irrelevant", that's the favorite word of people who have run out of logic to argue against. You are salty also over my post, aren't you? Now I plead with you Mr. Donut: can you enlighten us by responding with relevant logic to any one of the arguments made by us at the opening post?

Enjoy your relevant night sir.

eatingmypopcorn

@Truthbeentold

I agree with you on every point related to the deeps event. However I think you are pointing the fingers to the wrong people. All the  unpleasant experiences that you are facing right now, I think they are just the symptoms of a bigger problem.

I had some really unpleasant problems lately on novaro ( not related to deeps event). Throughout my incidence, I fund that Tokei turns out to be the only GM who genuinely capable  of and willing to think objectively and understand complex problems that a normal player may have. He is also generous to offer time and efforts to help. In contrast, I felt that many other GMs  tend to adjudge things very quickly with very strong preconceptions. They don't really understand the essence of the problem and carry out actions based on the easiness, reputation and saving face. You know, gives those moments that make you think why am I even wasting my time speaking with these ducks.

If you look the all the bad reviews on RMS, Nova almost attacks back to all of them, regardless what the problems are. Discords and forums are heavily regulated by Nova and his boy scouts. If you try to raise different voices, you will get attacked, mocked or deleted. Nova and the team are also super sensitive to criticisms and dramas. They often use drastically measures to prevent short term damage to his reputation, rather than try to get through the mist  and locate the real problems of angry complains, think long term and really put efforts to fix things. 

I enjoy the good content that novaro offers so much, I really do. That is the reason I still play here on nova after I got so disappointed by the gms. welp I am just another ordinarily and irrelevant player. But it is the normal players that make up the majority, not the the PRIVILEGED FEW.  I do hope for the best of novaro, and wish someday the environment can get better.

ps: OP, you bought up many good points, and I think its better for you to just ignore people like arias. people dont really care about him TBO. Speak of him only makes it harder to see your point.

PPS: NOVARO, TIME TO TAKE SOME PR COURSES

Nithraniel

It's impressive how much time you spend making these replies, with tons of HTML tags and paragraph spacing, instead of using that energy elsewhere  /heh.
Take a few minutes to reread every post you've made, now let's set a situation, let's say you were right. Do you believe throwing so much hate at the staff, the players who disagree with you, and the server altogether, is going to help at all ? Excuse me but you just seem like the typical anonymous#43453265 who's having fun behind his computer trashing people because it's his fun time of the day, without giving a single care about how the people feel behind. Surely you do feel anger from how the event ended, it's your point of view, but I don't believe insulting every single person on this topic that does not agree with you is going to make it better, especially if you consider everybody that disagrees with you as someone corrupted who's tied to the GMs.
This topic in the end is mostly full of toxicity because of the players who weren't happy with the event and who were searching for a place to complain and try to kill the popularity of NovaRO. Let's not forget that there's like less than 20 persons on this topic, it doesn't represent the actual global opinion of the players on the server, which I believe, mostly found the event pretty nice, and who voiced their opinion whether it was good or bad while still being socially acceptable, which is not the case here.

Again, if you truly believe things have to change, this is truly not the right way to do it.

TreasureEyeland

Quote from: Nithraniel on Jul 09, 2019, 02:25 PM
It's impressive how much time you spend making these replies, with tons of HTML tags and paragraph spacing, instead of using that energy elsewhere  /heh.
Take a few minutes to reread every post you've made, now let's set a situation, let's say you were right. Do you believe throwing so much hate at the staff, the players who disagree with you, and the server altogether, is going to help at all ? Excuse me but you just seem like the typical anonymous#43453265 who's having fun behind his computer trashing people because it's his fun time of the day, without giving a single care about how the people feel behind. Surely you do feel anger from how the event ended, it's your point of view, but I don't believe insulting every single person on this topic that does not agree with you is going to make it better, especially if you consider everybody that disagrees with you as someone corrupted who's tied to the GMs.
This topic in the end is mostly full of toxicity because of the players who weren't happy with the event and who were searching for a place to complain and try to kill the popularity of NovaRO. Let's not forget that there's like less than 20 persons on this topic, it doesn't represent the actual global opinion of the players on the server, which I believe, mostly found the event pretty nice, and who voiced their opinion whether it was good or bad while still being socially acceptable, which is not the case here.

Again, if you truly believe things have to change, this is truly not the right way to do it.

Thanks man for appreciating the effort of a Plebian like me. You are the first one to actually throw a thought-out comment here.

But I have to disagree with you on a few points.

First of all, my aim is NOT to spread hate but TO BE HEARD and given regard the things I brought up at my post. And seeing as no one in the "relevant party" has made any response that will satisfy even the slightest of issues I raised, this thread still continues. I don't even hear a truly genuine apology from anyone (including that non-apology that labeled us as "cheaters" by this GM Tokei).

Also, apart from my opening post (which I will apologize for name-calling, I truly am sorry), the ones who have only hated are the one(s) calling everyone an "irrelevant", "snake", "salty" and other things you can look for in other posts in this site. As I said, I even admitted to being an "irrelevant".

And again you are right, this post will not represent the opinion of the global server, and that has never been any goal of mine because that's simply unrealistic. But to be heard by other people, that's enough for now.

Do you still like to play competitively or non-competitively in a server that will bend the rules for the parties it favors, to your detriment? Do you think the people who play this server will like that if that happens to them? I surely don't want them to suffer the way that we did. They're better off elsewhere if this is gonna continue. And mind you, it has continued for years already - reason why people are leaving. Not for these types of posts or even trollish rants, but for genuinely viable reasons which this post is reminding everyone about. No amount of new content or giving away of NP or whatever is gonna replace lost of trust brought about by ignorance, irresponsibility, and disregard for respect for other players, especially "irrelevant" ones like me. The GMs are satisfying the mass players with their paltry gifts but are denying some people basic decency. Do you want that type of governance? Imagine yourself in our situation. Now tell me, does that sound like discrimination to you or not?

Oh I truly believe things have to change sir. But how do we voice out our concerns when our GMs actually deletes posts from "irrelevants" like us, no matter how decently worded those were and block our modes and channels of replying?

Your comment sir is appreciated. I'm still awaiting other legitimate replies like yours.

I appreciate this site for giving plebs like me an opportunity to be heard. Your generosity is appreciated RMS.

TreasureEyeland

Quote from: eatingmypopcorn on Jul 09, 2019, 02:19 PM
@Truthbeentold

I agree with you on every point related to the deeps event. However I think you are pointing the fingers to the wrong people. All the  unpleasant experiences that you are facing right now, I think they are just the symptoms of a bigger problem.

I had some really unpleasant problems lately on novaro ( not related to deeps event). Throughout my incidence, I fund that Tokei turns out to be the only GM who genuinely capable  of and willing to think objectively and understand complex problems that a normal player may have. He is also generous to offer time and efforts to help. In contrast, I felt that many other GMs  tend to adjudge things very quickly with very strong preconceptions. They don't really understand the essence of the problem and carry out actions based on the easiness, reputation and saving face. You know, gives those moments that make you think why am I even wasting my time speaking with these ducks.

If you look the all the bad reviews on RMS, Nova almost attacks back to all of them, regardless what the problems are. Discords and forums are heavily regulated by Nova and his boy scouts. If you try to raise different voices, you will get attacked, mocked or deleted. Nova and the team are also super sensitive to criticisms and dramas. They often use drastically measures to prevent short term damage to his reputation, rather than try to get through the mist  and locate the real problems of angry complains, think long term and really put efforts to fix things. 

I enjoy the good content that novaro offers so much, I really do. That is the reason I still play here on nova after I got so disappointed by the gms. welp I am just another ordinarily and irrelevant player. But it is the normal players that make up the majority, not the the PRIVILEGED FEW.  I do hope for the best of novaro, and wish someday the environment can get better.

ps: OP, you bought up many good points, and I think its better for you to just ignore people like arias. people dont really care about him TBO. Speak of him only makes it harder to see your point.

PPS: NOVARO, TIME TO TAKE SOME PR COURSES

Brother, agreed and thanks for your post.

You brought many good legit points, and I agree +10000 with many things you said.

I will, however, just like to point a few things out.

First of all, Tokei has more or less abandoned "irrelevant" players here clearly for satisfying other parties' interests. And this has almost always been the case when those parties are involved.

Tokei may be "the only GM who is genuinely capable of and willing to think objectively and understand complex problems that a normal player may have," as you say, but he almost always NEVER chooses to do this when those other parties are involved.

You need not look far to see the evidence for this.

The fact that people like "Your Relevancy" here has been empowered for ~4 years now and has not had any long-term repercussions to his behavior is irrefutable evidence for Tokei's long-going contemptible bias. And he's even proud that he is his friend. Hahaha. You know what they say: tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.

Your Relevancy, as you say, is better ignored because quite frankly he does not bring anything to the table. But there is some merit to replying to people like Your Relevancy, Innomite, and Mr. Donut, because they represent quite frankly a humongous problem that has become the elephant in the room that many do not notice: Nova's elitism and ignorance of the masses. This may appear to be ironic, probably because of how they deviously market this server, but as long as people like these have enablers like Tokei and the other GM team, things will not become good for this server.

Cheap parlor tricks like giving paltry gifts don't and won't cut it out and won't compensate for the toxic culture that comes with every bad decision that empowers these people.

Someone must resign here.

Rags

there wouldn't be a novaro without tokei. although its a team effort, he's the mastermind behind much of its success. he knows his stuff.
perhaps the team has become a little complacent. so what.
a few recent mistakes/mishandlings out of the entire stream of content that has been output during the course of novaro's existence isn't necessary indicative of some encroaching demise or state of decay.
get over it. nobody is resigning. especially not tokei, and certainly not nova.
if u just wanna  be heard, or attempt to incite some sort of an uprising, so be it. but nothing's going to change in that regard.
if it's no longer ur cup of tea, there's plenty of other tea to try.

Thanos Friend of Thor

Quote from: TreasureEyeland on Jul 07, 2019, 12:37 PM
SOMEONE HAS TO RESIGN HERE.
Are you talking about some players? Because all the drama that exists from this event was created by them and their use of exploits.

What I really hated was GM Hector's incentive to pay to those bug abusers to get the rewards from the event. A few group of players abused exploits to become rich as hell without any effort while others play the game legit, report everything, and get a "GG WP s u c k e r".

The server is great and what Nova and his team bring to the RO Community is amazing but some players try really hard to ruin the fun.

yC

Locking this topic from people trying to add new drama into it, create your own topic if you have anything else to add.