NovaRO rant

Started by JuicyJuices, Apr 17, 2017, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Quote from: JuicyJuices on Apr 17, 2017, 10:34 AM
I am that kind of annoying customer that doesn't leave until he/she has an answer, and I think the customer has every right to do so.

You sound like the vermin I would insta ip ban if I owned a server.

PS: It's your job as a player to go over the suggestions sub forum and see if the same suggestion has already been suggested before instead of harassing GMs who've answered the same questions multiple of times. Suggestions that are denied are usually denied after a decent level of discussion and if you don't agree with what the majority has to say, then you best be looking for another place that'll be willing to tolerate your wordiness.
2k21 Return

JuicyJuices

QuotePS: It's your job as a player to go over the suggestions sub forum and see if the same suggestion has already been suggested before instead of harassing GMs who've answered the same questions multiple of times. Suggestions that are denied are usually denied after a decent level of discussion and if you don't agree with what the majority has to say, then you best be looking for another place that'll be willing to tolerate your wordiness.
And you seem to be assuming that the things I was seeking answers for were in the forums. They were not. I used to seek information from players and the forums first.

QuoteYou sound like the vermin I would insta ip ban if I owned a server.
I can see why you don't own one  /heh. I'll try to express my point with a real world example. Did you ever ask for a well done beef and the waiter delivered you a rare beef? Then you complained to the waiter, and the waiter couldn't solve your problem because apparently he thinks the rare beef is well done, then you asked for the manager? Do you know what happens if the manager ignores you? That's right, the customer leaves and tells everyone about the incident. The manager loses customers. Sounds familiar tough guy? My point is that the person responsible for the service can't ignore the customer, that's unprofessional and leads him to losing customers. "Stop complaining or asking me about your well done beef. I got a million other customers and other things to do. I don't have time for you and I can't solve your problem. I can't tell you anything about this particular meat...buy it and taste it yourself! I can't let you see what's going on in the kitchen or tell you how we prepare our meat, just sit down and make your order". You make a suggestion "hey, since you serve beef what about serving chicken as well?", the manager looks you in the eye and answers "No." then leaves. Now how would you feel? Not very good, I think, right? Amazing customer service, isn't it? Would you return to that particular restaurant, even if the food was amazing? Then you criticize the manager and he bans you from the restaurant  /heh !Hope you got a better understanding tough guy. Have a good one  /no1

SukiChii

From the little interactions I've had with Nova, he(?) seems like a nice person.
Also, excessive much? It's cool that you're diligent, but you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too diligent.
Did you want to be part of the staff or something?  /hmm

Kris

Quote from: JuicyJuices on Apr 17, 2017, 09:35 PM
I'll try to express my point with a real world example. Did you ever ask for a well done beef and the waiter delivered you a rare beef? Then you complained to the waiter, and the waiter couldn't solve your problem because

Two points to note before you go on about yet another cringe worthy real life example;

1. Kris doesn't complain
2. Kris doesn't go to peasant restaurants that are known to f*** up food orders
2k21 Return

JuicyJuices

QuoteTwo points to note before you go on about yet another cringe worthy real life example;
Well I'm trying to get my point across, sorry if you didn't like the example.

1. Kris doesn't complain
2. Kris doesn't go to peasant restaurants that are known to f*** up food orders
Well you're clearly a wise man. On a side note, it's funny that you refer to yourself in the third person  /heh

JuicyJuices

Quote from: SukiChii on Apr 17, 2017, 10:09 PM
From the little interactions I've had with Nova, he(?) seems like a nice person.
Also, excessive much? It's cool that you're diligent, but you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too diligent.
Did you want to be part of the staff or something?  /hmm
I am not being excessive. All the things the restaurant manager said is an analogy to what happened to me.
"Nova about the cramp card/galapago cap, its effect take into consideration this is a 10x server?" -> "Maybe. I can't check this for you, we don't check information for players". -> "but Nova I don't want to waste my time farming for something that I don't even know if it's worth it" -> "Stop complaining. I've had enough, I won't check this for you go play or whatever"(something alone the lines)
"Nova, I'm doing this refinement program, and would like to know the chance that a normal bradium/carnium downgrades 3 levels" -> "Stop asking me this. Can't show you how it works"
"Nova I want to buy rudolph hairband, but a player reported that it doesn't work and nobody confirmed his claim, and I want to know if it's currently working before I buy it. It costs 20m I don't want to simply buy it to see if it works" -> *gets ignored* *buys rudolph hairband* *rudolph hairband doesn't work* -> "well Nova since you didn't tell me if this equipment worked even if I insisted to know I decided to buy and it doesn't work. I want my money back." -> "too bad, we don't refund players. File a bug report so we can fix it"
And I could go on and on. Too bad I don't have the conversations with me, so I could be more accurate and give more examples. Before approaching Nova I would try asking the players and GMs, but similarly to the waiter who thinks the rare beef is well done, they couldn't solve my problem.
Basically, Nova refused to answer me...anything. It's not that I required Tokei's and Nova full's attention. It's much more simple. I had a problem, and was trying to solve it. The waiters couldn't solve it, so I sought the managers, who basically ignored me for the most part and refused to help.
No, I don't want to be part of the staff. This is the second time someone assumes this, and I can't see why? /hmm

Dekar

Quote from: JuicyJuices on Apr 18, 2017, 08:22 AM
No, I don't want to be part of the staff. This is the second time someone assumes this, and I can't see why? /hmm

Because of the way your actions appear to people.

By putting forth so much effort into finding so many little mistakes, it looks like you're trying to make yourself be seen as an asset to the administration team and do something they have not put the time/effort into do. Nothing is inherently wrong with that, but that's the way it comes across. Also, I don't know NovaRO's forum rules, but it seems to me that it would've seemed far less "spamy" if you had created a single thread in which to post all your description errors and just added them to that thread rather than creating a load of new, singular threads for each and every error.

Sachimi

Quote from: Tokeiburu on Apr 17, 2017, 10:00 AM
PS: I'm referring to this: http://imgur.com/a/asrJa

Holy s***, dude. That's seriously excessive. I hope to hell you don't play on Boreas' server, cuz he and the rest of the team don't need that kind of annoying crap any more than Nova did. You were extremely annoying and acted like an entitled brat tbh. You have no idea what being an admin is like, even though Nova and Boreas nicely explained why your behaviour was disruptive. Making an admin avoid their server's forum because of you? Damn, dude. You didn't just cross the line, you vaulted over it and then ran a few marathons extra.

Also, you have no rights. You have the privilege of playing on a server, but you do not have any right to play or anything else. This is the internet, not whatever specific country.

fluffrierre

The only thing I get from this is that you're incredibly self-absorbed to the point of annoyance.
First off, your suggestions are nothing but reverts of QoL convenience features. You assume that removing autoloot would make people make use of Greed while you forgot that only ONE class line has access to it, the rest through HBP which is not always an option, and handpicking items on the ground is such a drag and has always been for a decade and a half. Removing autoloot is straight stupid.
Then you assume that removing the healer would make it more fun because you have to use the inn and pay money. Excuse me, my guild base is not in Prontera. I don't want to walk half a god damned mile to heal myself then walk back to the warper. And when you die in gramps and need to come back quickly or else you'll be a few dozen mobs behind, that is simply nauseating and unthinkably annoying.
Finally you assume that removing @go would be okay because there are kafras and warper. At this point, to answer your "why not remove it", I propose a question: "why remove it?". It doesn't make a god damned difference except for inconvenience for the player.
That coupled with how much you spammed the "requires confirmation" on the bug report forum, "ahahahaha. No" is too good an answer for you.
Also, your comparison is completely off. This is equivalence of going to a restaurant that only sells medium steak and ask for a rare one, and when the owner says they don't sell it, you go on demanding a rare one. And as you are removed from the restaurant for being the immature little s*** you are, you go on Yelp and post a rant review only to get laughed at by other reviewers, still thinking you're superior with your "m-muh food analogies!". While you're doing this, there are users who love the medium steak Nova sells and will promptly, figuratively beat the s*** out of you had you managed to force Nova to sell rare steak instead of medium, all 1200 of them who immediately relog whenevet there's a server restart.
Not to mention that there is an option for your rare steak, just not the kind you like: don't use autoloot, don't use @go and don't use the healer yourself. But no, you want to shove your brand of steak down people's throats instead.

JuicyJuices

Ok so, I'd like this rant post to be closed. I regret my actions. Took me half a year to finally realize my stupidity and a******, I'm a slowpoke, but late is better than never.
The comparison I made is unfair, because Nova is not a company, I am not a customer. They don't have to help me when I need help, I am not entitled to anything. This isn't some game I've paid for to be entitled to complain and expect support whenever I need. All Nova does and they're administrators do is for free. I had lots of fun and didn't contribute a single cent. What an a****** I was, Jesus Christ. Looking back now, honestly, I don't know what the f*** was wrong with me. I did try to help, but I can see now that my attitude and words made me a colossal a****** in the end. I even made this stupid f*** rant thread that just added more insult to injury. I regret all of it. Just don't know what else to say. I'm necroing this thread to say that I am sorry, and for people who come read this rant, they should read this to see that this whole rant is invalid. Nova is in fact very f*** patient, he's like the opposite of what I've said. I am surprised I lasted so long, really. He gave me many chances and I blew each and every one of them rofl. Apparently I was thick headed and could only learn in the worst possible way. Yay. I kept bugging him and other admins and GM's time and time again. My last message to Nova I criticized him for cherry picking kRO features and ignoring others, saying that what he does is false propaganda lmao. As if I knew anything about balance and his reasons. You can see from the patch notes all the fixes and official content he implements and puts effort into. And somehow in my mind I was doing nothing wrong lol. I was an entitled, immature, annoying, nosy prick. I didn't mention he showed me a print screen of a small code snippet once to clarify something to me. Nova is the best admin you could ask for, his server is amazing and I hope it grows each day. I am utterly ashamed of my actions. I really am. Ugh. I hope I was the last person to write a stupid rant post about NovaRO, and if someone else decides to do it, they read this first and change their mind before being stupid like I was. I am sincerely sorry for all the trouble I've caused. Good bye.

MrSplashy

Finally a person who can mend his/her behavior and not act like a complete immature prick like others.  /sob

misterj

everything seemed all right at first with that apology, but by the end, it just became so damn weird. it sounds like he was forced to do it by a cult.

JuicyJuices

Quoteit sounds like he was forced to do it by a cult
Not sure why it's weird or whatever. I wasn't forced by anyone or anything. It's called having a guilty conscience. Making this apology is about the only thing I think I did right. I could've just let the post die I guess, it would have been less difficult than coming forward and apologizing. But it wouldn't be right, and since the rant is invalid, I don't want to plant evil seeds on the minds of new players who are unbiased. Every rant post is harmful for the server, even if it's retarded like this one. They could think maybe what I said is true to some extent or something. They could just see that it's a rant post and say "oh look another Nova rant post". Whatever.