Imposter OldRO

Started by IvoryMouse, Jun 17, 2015, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bue

Quote from: Irreverence on Jun 24, 2015, 01:46 PM
from 'oldRO impostor' post to 'this is what's wrong with your website' thread in under 5 posts, hahahaha.

Bue: free is considerably less than minimum wage. O_o

really speaks to the quality and i notice you still haven't fix any of problems yet. not a single one as far as I can tell

ekoh fixed his site quickly.

maybe ekoh is the real oldro.

Yozakura

Quote from: Irreverence on Jun 21, 2015, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't wish demise on other servers, just a bit of searching would have been nice ;(

You don't have to. Over my past month of searching for a server, I've seen at least three different servers with this exact website, the only difference is the name. They use the same images, fonts and exact same colors! Typical servers that wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks, whether you wish them demise or not lol.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Bue

Quote from: Yozakura on Jun 26, 2015, 03:29 PM
Typical servers that wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks.

Websites make a server look pretty and attractive on the outside.

A poorly build website always means a poorly managed server.

Because if you can't do simple work in a web environment, then you probably can't do any real work in the server environment neither.

Web development is like walking on sunshine.

Single threaded. Automatic memory management. Hierarchical structured. Dynamically typed.

Plenty of libraries, tools, and frameworks for everything.

Simple plain text protocols.

The easiest part of developing your own server is building the website.

Failing to do that, means you already failed!

Yozakura

Quote from: Bue on Jun 27, 2015, 02:53 AM
Websites make a server look pretty and attractive on the outside.

A poorly build website always means a poorly managed server.

Because if you can't do simple work in a web environment, then you probably can't do any real work in the server environment neither.

Web development is like walking on sunshine.

Single threaded. Automatic memory management. Hierarchical structured. Dynamically typed.

Plenty of libraries, tools, and frameworks for everything.

Simple plain text protocols.

The easiest part of developing your own server is building the website.

Failing to do that, means you already failed!

Precisely. Try going on the 'fake' oldRO website and click on forum, and see what happens.

...Yep.

This server will be a 404 before you know it.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Irreverence

Quote from: Bue on Jun 24, 2015, 10:04 PM
really speaks to the quality and i notice you still haven't fix any of problems yet. not a single one as far as I can tell

Nope, not a single one. 8^)

my webserver guy tells me the background pic has to be .png for transparency reasons.

eKoh

Well, that is one of the differences between .png and .jpg, that .png allows transparency.

But your webguy lies to you. You can put a white background on your main background and it looks perfectly fine. Look:

Spoiler

[close]

I have replaced the background.png with the background.jpg and it looks totally fine.

Irreverence your webguy is not a good one. I don't tell you because I want to be mean, it's just that I hate that people takes advantage because our lack of knowledge.
We are a Pre-Renewal Midrate. Looking for the most
competitive
scene in Pvp, Mvp, and Hunting!

Grand Opening this July 15th!
Visit Aria-RO.com

Irreverence

eh, it's not malicious. If you tell him that you can do it another way, he'll do it another way.

to give a bit of background, we don't do this for money, we do it for the spirit of a dead server, so it's not like we're scamming each other with nonsense. The dev of the cora system we use has been MIA for awhile, so we're kinda dead in the water for updates. But, if my webserver guy can learn and begin to develop for the website, then he will do so.

I appreciate the concern, but him and I have been friends through RO for like 7 years now, so it's not like we're just some random quacks.

I'll show him what you've just posted, and honestly, I appreciate the effort just to show me that. With how RO private servers are these days, random acts of kindness are rarely seen.

Nano

> implying a 255/99 custom high rate server has anything to do with "old ragnarok"

Irreverence

>implying the world "old" in "OldRO" applies to the rates and max level of official ragnarok.
>implying implications

annaquin

I have a feeling of the old "oldRO" is quite fake and lazy and the new "oldRO" motivated

Irreverence

You're more than welcome to feel that. /no1

annaquin

*No offense but...

What's the point to have WOE with the so few population ???

It seems nothing will change in both camp, fake server are fake...

1. you already opened a cash shop ?? greedy retard
2. your website is a perfect example of "not doing thing"
3. wiki and database ??? the hell you think you are ...
4. GTB 100% def magic ... woah .. ruined server
On Gravity's server, they can affort GTB reduce 100% magic because there is a very high population, so in WOE it won't matter you can tank magic damage because you won't tank anything else.
On low population, you can't let this card working at all, otherwise you simply cutting in half the game.

From my point of view, you don't know the game nor how to play competitive, so your thinking is based on feeling and whiners...
Anyway , good luck, experiences are always welcoming efforts.

Tom~

Quote from: annaquin on Jul 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
*No offense but...

Even small skirmishes can be fun-- of course, not on the same level as a full blown WoE, but still, fun.

If a big population was required to have WoE, there would be like 5 servers with WoE out there... and GvG is the only thing that is keeping this game alive.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Syniex

Quote from: annaquin on Jul 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
*No offense but...

It seems nothing will change in both camp, fake server are fake...

1. you already opened a cash shop ?? greedy retard
2. your website is a perfect example of "not doing thing"
3. wiki and database ??? the hell you think you are ...
4. GTB 100% def magic ... woah .. ruined server
On Gravity's server, they can affort GTB reduce 100% magic because there is a very high population, so in WOE it won't matter you can tank magic damage because you won't tank anything else.
On low population, you can't let this card working at all, otherwise you simply cutting in half the game.

From my point of view, you don't know the game nor how to play competitive, so your thinking is based on feeling and whiners...
Anyway , good luck, experiences are always welcoming efforts.
Intersting, i guess you never played the server?

annaquin

Ok you know that usually , I don't like wasting time, so I first worshipped your work and reactivity... so I went all the trouble to actually logged in ... and read your damn empty forum.