Guild packages

Started by Orange, Nov 19, 2016, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange

So I came back from a few year absence. When I was last playing it was the norm but I was playing on highrates only so I didn't really care. Guild packages seem to be on every sever now and they're gay as.  just wanted to take a minute to complain

What happened to farming gear? On server I was on the other day the guild package for a 15 person guild was valk set, 2 sunglasses[1], g pipe, WCP, 5x wool/tidal and like 500 blue pot/EDP/acid demo kit and more. Total value is about 200m. With 30 players it doubles and you get diab gears. This is on a midrate with nerfed droprates; after a few days of playing I was still only farming 1mil+ an hour, it will be weeks before I can start farming orleans glove. Not only do big guilds joining get handed this, they are the ones that will first day set up 6 characters to farm OG's all day, camp MvP's.

Isn't even the best(worst) guild package I seen, I've seen diab or valk set+diab, thara etc for every member of guild, basically a big f*** you to everyone that didn't join the server with a guild. A server I played on awhile back I joined with ~30 friends(of which only like 10 stuck longterm admittedly) and ended up running biggest guild on server; though we were mostly casual players. Big name guild along the lines of WPE joins a few months later and demand free itenz and zeny pls and literally get handed more value than I had aquired after a few months of play. First day level 50 guild. My first 10 years of RO they were nonexistent, s*** you'd have to go kill orc zombies when you started to get an emperium and everyone accepted it. I guess it fits with the server hopping and 6 month server mentality that seems to be around these days. Have guild packages become a requirement on servers to attract the cool kids or do other people dislike them also?

tl;dr "free itens can plx" is the biggest joke ever, asking a GM is even more laughable and everyone is going to tell you go f*** off and farm. Oh 15 people asked for free itens? time to bend over and @item the endgame loots for them
:3

EclipseToo

I agree. I think over the years it's gone from "hey that's neat!" to "I'm not joining with my guild unless we are heavily compensated for doing so." It's a shame that things have become this way. It could be because of the constant opening and closing of servers that makes players want end-game items from the start and no need to farm. It could also be that server owners are too afraid they won't have a population without loads of hand-outs.

snowblind