Fake GM at Talis RO is scamming Steam codes from donators

Started by risarisarisa, Oct 29, 2014, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

risarisarisa

/omg

Ok, so first of all, I am not Daruku, I am his SO. He is currently reinstalling his windows OS on his computer.
We were really enjoying our time and have decided to settle here in TalisRO. To make our life a little easier with what time we get to play, Daruku donated a total 120$ over the past week.

We were on the server for a total of 3 or 4 days, and GM Talis privately contacted Daruku in game to offer him a GM position for the server....

They exchanged skype information, and continued after.

The conversation stretched to be like, an hour.

http://pastebin.com/JPz6jEnU
(His skype name was replaced with his main's IGN for privacy purposes)

Daruku admits he should have logged off skype as soon as he realized the teamviewer he just downloaded is a modified version.

Now, I don't know much about admin-ing in RO, but I highly doubt it ever associates with Steam that much. Refunding a paypal transaction is a matter of 1 click, and Talis wouldn't do it, and insists upon having Daru showing them 115$ worth of steam codes, which Talis said he will "refund".

The biggest contradiction that arose from the conversation was at the point where they clearly stated "I'm not asking for money, you will put your code in your own steam" and then later said "No no no stop dont put it on steam, show it to me I need to check it"

tl;dr Talis approached Daruku with promises of GM position and powers, turned around and bombarded him with a stream of suspicious instructions which eventually turned into a "Give me money or I will ban you" conversation.

In the end,
-Daruku's main account is now wiped due to being "disrespectful" to GMs.
-He eventually got his steam cards refunded (from the actual website that sells them, certainly NOT TalisRO)
-We were able to get physical evidence to expose Talis's malice and scams towards his players.

Nobody should play or support a server who's admin scams their players.

Edit: It seems like it's a trend... http://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/fantastikro-ragnarok-online/
Same exact download file, procedure, etc.

Though on Talis, it seems like it is the real GM-- Daru's account is wiped AND the GMs actually joined a full chatroom in game (past the limit) to ask for the Skype ID..

Not making accusations, but anyone can see it's the same person going around using the same scam.

Edit 2: Welp, seems like it actually was an GM impersonation going on in different servers. Well, now this thread is not in the right section.

Triper

Moved to the right section.

I don't want to sound bad but we're talking about Internet. First rule is to never trust anyone that you don't know, never download anything that you don't know from where it comes and, when in doubts, don't click.

I will just leave this here as a warn/reminder.
==edit==
Changed the name of the topic, as requested, to prevent wrong thoughts about the server.