Do Not Waste your time on Talonro

Started by Jorn11, Nov 08, 2017, 04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeePee

Quote from: blame20 on Nov 17, 2017, 11:27 PM
Recently, TalonRO is having many negative reviews. I wonder if there are many rule-breaking players recently or the server is causing some issues that I'm not aware of and unliking to current players.

Yeah, a salty person has been impersonating our players and writing bad reviews. Got multiple reports from our community about it, but not much we can do about it sadly.

Jorn11

Boreas scared to post pm chat log??? /heh /gg It seems now a days your using Gm cherri to earn $ 😂  As people not much interested to donate for your server this is new way of earning $??  /gg  xD

Emcee

Why is talon having negative reviews? They are like 11 years old. Cant hate on something legendary.

sand86id

Just dont deal with the GMs if you play @ Talon, they are not known for their friendliness. Not only can be rude, but are also far from helpful. If you ever lost a pet (which in the description is said that the particular pet won't run away), even if you have screenshots proving that you had owned it, they arent willing to recover it and will simply answer with a "no". When inquired further, he will be too lazy and just conveniently say that he doesnt have the "log". Idk how they will ever trace items if there are no logs.

Also, at this stage... i'd suggest you to better to quit. Because they do hold grudges.

QuoteYeah, a salty person has been impersonating our players and writing bad reviews. Got multiple reports from our community about it, but not much we can do about it sadly.
Pls Seyren, you know quite well how rude Boreas can be. LOL, now dont make up stories it's kinda laughable, and sad.

Aside from the GMs, the other features offered by this server are pretty nice though. Lots of customs, but can be said pretty balanced. Just do not deal with the GMs is all. I heard lots of tales of favoritism, but cant prove those as i wasnt "lucky" enough to encounter one. Only can share what i experienced during my days there. cYa

Kajuri

Quote from: Emcee on Dec 31, 2017, 09:13 PM
Why is talon having negative reviews? They are like 11 years old. Cant hate on something legendary.

Well the pay to win is legendary.

aerogaming

Quote from: Emcee on Dec 31, 2017, 09:13 PM

You can't please everyone  /heh

https://aerogaming.org
AeRO Gaming Artificial Entertainment

gandalfdwhite

To be honestly yes... Their GM some are taking too personaly . Last time my friend was getting bann for just putting deadbranch on public. Therefore in this server u need to be humble... This server gt value compare to others.. as it dont have bots... So if wanna play on this server u should calm down and be a good boy :)

azndvl614

GM Cherri is awful. I come back after a year and she's still there being passive aggressive and not treating players right if they want something or ask a question. I wrote a bad review BECAUSE of her and because of the lack of responses for my ticket its been two weeks. My accounts from AnimaRO are frozen and I can't use it. Also TalonRO used to be animaRO. So the team has time to reply to my negative review and telling me to make a support ticket but they can't even reply to my ticket I ALREADY MADE. Again I have to say, GM Cherri is horrible. Holding grudges against players is extremely unprofessional especially as a staff member for a server. Especially one that's lasted this long. Lastly, this GM has not done anything to ME personally but I've seen how she acts and I will be taking screenshots and posting my own forum post when I do end up with smart donkey answers and the 'oh well too bad' atttude.

Boreas

QuoteLastly, this GM has not done anything to ME personally but I've seen how she acts and I will be taking screenshots and posting my own forum post when I do end up with smart donkey answers and the 'oh well too bad' atttude.

Yes please, do that. I personally do not care at all what other people tell me about a third person as long as I have not dealt with him / her myself. If Cherri was that awful then you would see a lot more complaints about her, which is simply not the case. Just my point of view. :)

As for the rest, yes, I am not polite when I have to deal with scammers, people who have a reeally bad attitude (e.g. open a ticket with "WTF GM WHY DID YOU BAN ME YOU a******") or whoever else acts in a way that he simply does not deserve a better treatment from my side. I respond to hundreds of tickets every month, yet you only see ten complaints about me in six months. I would say that's a pretty good quota. Again, in 99% of the cases these negative reviews are crafted by people who were banned and holdl a grudge against TalonRO anyway. So who cares.

QuoteLast time my friend was getting bann for just putting deadbranch on public.

I am not even sure what this means. Nobody gets banned for deadbranching. We have disabled that item on most maps, if you can use them somewhere then it's alllowed. Refer to my point about Cherri, someone telling someone etc. s***. Plain and simple.

QuoteWell the pay to win is legendary.

Someone who doesn't know what "pay to win" means. Not gonna argue with you, sorry.

QuoteWhen inquired further, he will be too lazy and just conveniently say that he doesnt have the "log". Idk how they will ever trace items if there are no logs. Also, at this stage... i'd suggest you to better to quit. Because they do hold grudges.

1. We really don't keep logs for months, simply because they grow too big.
2. There is no "my pet ran away" log and you probably didn't provide any helpful material (e.g. screenshots for example).
3. If you were banned in the past then I recommend that you look for another server, yes. Not because we hold a grudge but because chances are high that you break the same rules and get banned again. Better try your luck on a server which does not enforce any rules and you will be fine. Other than that I had people call me names who are still happily playing. If I really banned everybody for everything then you would see a lot more rants on RMS. Trust me.

QuoteWhy is talon having negative reviews? They are like 11 years old. Cant hate on something legendary.

People are jelly. Go figure. It's when you hate your neighbour for having an awesomely new car.

sand86id

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 11, 2018, 11:03 AM
1. We really don't keep logs for months, simply because they grow too big.
2. There is no "my pet ran away" log and you probably didn't provide any helpful material (e.g. screenshots for example).
3. If you were banned in the past then I recommend that you look for another server, yes. Not because we hold a grudge but because chances are high that you break the same rules and get banned again. Better try your luck on a server which does not enforce any rules and you will be fine. Other than that I had people call me names who are still happily playing. If I really banned everybody for everything then you would see a lot more rants on RMS. Trust me.

1. No, at the time.. the issue was reported IMMEDIATELY after the pet was lost.
2. Your way of handling the ticket is HORRIBLE.  I did provide the SS, but then your answer was a simple "No" and then closing the ticket w/o any explanation whatsoev. I had to open a new ticket to inquire further. But even then, you werent helpful at all. You arent really known for your helpfulness/friendliness, just accept that. You really dont need to try so hard to appear good. People who deal with you will soon find out sooner or later.
3. No, i wasnt banned. I was a good player, until I deal with the GM, which was a horrible experience and you do take your players for granted. It's your server afterall, you can do it however you please... including being rude, obnoxious, etc. I've moved on long time ago. No hard feelings, just stating what I experienced back then. cYa.

Boreas

tl;dr

"No hard feelings and I have moved on, but I am still posting this rant because I have not moved on and have hard feelings."

If you are unfriendly in your responses then I am as well. It's that simple. Dealing with hundreds of tickets, three people complaining is a perfect quota. I doubt even the big companies achieve over 95 percent customer satisfaction. Have a nice day!

azndvl614

GM Replies on this forum post is just evidence to show how the GMs deal with players that complain and need help 'tl'dr' yup.

Yurneric

Quote from: azndvl614 on Jan 15, 2018, 10:26 AM
GM Replies on this forum post is just evidence to show how the GMs deal with players that complain and need help 'tl'dr' yup.
I don't know man. People come in, complain and call Boreas all sorts of names, but never provided any screenshot of their claims.

I like "tl;dr" posts actually. Lets me skip all the useless and unnecessary drama, straight to the main point. Do you dislike "tl;dr" posts? Or are you a fan of keyboard drama?

Boreas

Quote from: azndvl614 on Jan 15, 2018, 10:26 AM

This topic is a rant, nobody is asking for help. This shows how I reply to such topics, yes. Well done sir.

Pomkeen

I've played on Talon for about 2-3 years and can say for certain that the staff is questionable the more you get to know them behind closed doors. Many people's first impression of the staff is that they exude professionalism, which is true in the sense that they're professional where they need to be such as the forums, but when integrating with the community it's pretty clear they're the guild drama scene you really don't want to imagine is running this server you play on and possibly invest money in via donations, which drives a lot of TalonRO.

I've made friends with a few of the staff - both present and past members - and have heard of internal fighting/drama, favoritism in the community, friends of the staff being hired only to never participate in any of the staff meetings or taking up their duty, and schemes to bring on staff members for other personal reasons rather than in the interest of the server.
These are only things I've heard, not witnessed, but they're the venting of my friends who live this/have lived this as GM, which is why I choose to believe this.

I also believe this from my personal experiences. Though I've never been punished or have been a victim of any mistreatment, I've witnessed a lot from the sidelines.
I've seen GMs abuse their position by tugging at the admins sleeve to punish people, running good people out of the community. A staff member blackmailing another member from their personal account for petty guild drama reasons. GMs revealing their identity both openly and "accidentally" to gain popularity in the community. Artists of the community venting about GMs hounding them for fanart. Truly helpful members of the community having their GM application turned down in favor of town idlers with little to no knowledge of the game.
The straw that broke the camel's back for me was seeing a female of the community openly bragging on the forums about drunk texting Boreas. At first I thought they were just blowing smoke, however fast forward a few months and said person is now a GM.
That just seems like incredibly inappropriate behavior of an admin and a member of the community. I've heard of other members of the staff not being so different.

While these are private servers run by a small team instead of a company with a hired staff, you still expect the staff to maintain some form of professionalism and desire to put the server first rather looking at it as an opportunity to have power.
The more I learned about the staff, the less I felt like a member of a community and the more I felt like a subject in their throne room. At the end of the day when the server is gone they will have nothing to show for it though. I've just brushed this server and went somewhere where the staff act like part of the community rather than above it. Many other good people have left for this reason. Unfortunately Talon's position in the low rate rankings allows for new players to go in unbeknownst to what kind of people loom over them.