TalonRO Pay to Win

Started by azndvl614, Jan 15, 2018, 10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azndvl614

Pay 700 dollars, buy talon coin, convert to zeny, buy all items even super quest items or ingredients for any quest or anything you want fully geared. Want a leech? Pay 4 talon coins or even 3 you will get max lvl very quick. Got bored real quick what's the point of playing a 'legendary' server when you can just pay to buy everything.

Cressy

Geez, look if you have $700 to drop on a game, knock yourself out hey. I'm just going to farm in game, spend my $700 on real pets or something (I'd love a second cat), then after a couple of months I'll have the same gears as you PLUS a new cat to sleep on my lap while I am at the same level of end game as your broke self.

Yurneric

Quote from: azndvl614 on Jan 15, 2018, 10:29 AM
what's the point of playing a 'legendary' server when you can just pay to buy everything.
Can you buy friends there? Asking because I need friends. I have money. Let me know.

misterj

Quote from: azndvl614 on Jan 15, 2018, 10:29 AM
Pay 700 dollars, buy talon coin, convert to zeny, buy all items even super quest items or ingredients for any quest or anything you want fully geared. Want a leech? Pay 4 talon coins or even 3 you will get max lvl very quick. Got bored real quick what's the point of playing a 'legendary' server when you can just pay to buy everything.
whoa. big if true.

Boreas

If you have $700 to spend on a game then every game out there is pay to win. If I spend $700 on another Ragnarok server then I can just buy zeny from one of the twenty known websites out there and buy everything. Anyway, for the sake of it:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

And the example: "Dude, you've spent like 400 bucks on this game so you can beat everyone who hasn't spent any money. Pay-to-win noob!"

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else": Not true. The items you can buy for donation coins are not better, in fact the high end items cannot be bought for money. We have also stopped adding new items to the shop years ago, as such most of the current items cannot be bought either. Yes, you can buuy TCs and sell them for zeny, but somoene has to farm the zeny and someone has to actually craft the items so that you can buy them. The amount of money you'd have to spend on that is insane. Rich people can afford ewverything and will always find a way to get to their goal faster, no matter what kind of game that is.

"at a faster rate": Yesy, this one is true. You have to spend less time grinding, but at the same time you probably work harder or more to be able to afford the insane amount of USD you'd have to spend on the game. Not sure if that's the route I'd pick tbh.

"then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying": Most of the people who have the best gear never donated a single penny. That's a fact. Go to our forum and ask around, many players will tell you that they never spent a dollar on the server.

Anyway, trolls will troll and jelly people will be jelly. Our donation shop is not a secret, you can check it out even before downloading the server. If you do not like it then join a different server. I think everybody got the right to run his server the way he wants to, if you do not like it then olpen one yourself and pick a different approach. I wish you the best of luck with that! Cheers!

Innomite

What's new here? I only see a jealous kid who can't have his way because he doesn't have $700 to waste on a Ragnarok private server  /heh

For the love of Ragnarok Online!

SukiChii

Very few people are gonna drop that kinda moolah on a RO server. I mean there's people like that but come on.

I rate this rant 2/10 for effort and because I'm tired of TalonRO "drama".