BlackoutRO

Started by Turok, Mar 14, 2010, 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turok

Well i recently joined an IRC of BlackoutRO http://blackout-gaming.net/chat when I asked a simple question about how to tell whos who if they use a number for a nick name, was called several names, (which i did not return the name calling or hateful replys) heres some screenshots you be the judge whether this is not either favourtism, bad judgement, or something else.....(personally i dont see why i was first kicked, then banned, i totally dont think i deserved it)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jz320p
http://www.sendspace.com/file/toiat7
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtb9o4
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ogsh73
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cvfy3u
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dmshha
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1p2mrd

as you will see my printscreens are somewhat messed for whatever damn reason, but i hope they make some sense at least.
also you will see how their general "attitude" was to me just because they believed me to not be a server player, (which i will not be any longer due to this type of gms attitude) oh in ss # 10 thats supposed to be "in cruises world" i was trying to be as polite as i could with how he was verbally attacking me. and even after all was said and done, they was still badmouthing me over the irc

Zarsheiy

First of all, please either use Imageshack/Photobucket or another specialized image uploader, or upload the images directly onto your post.  Not to be overly picky or anything, but it's a little annoying to have to go and specifically download each and every picture separately. (Plus, it seems like they're out of order in the download links you've provided. I know anybody can look at the screenshot numbers, but it'd be nice to at least get them posted where they can be viewed in sequential order.)

Let's see. The first thing you (I'm assuming you're Akon) say is that the bRO-numbers are "too many lazy people with no imaginations." From the get-go you seem to approach IRC with some level of hostility.  If you had taken the time to go through the server rules/forums, you would have quickly learned that "bRO-####" is the chat identity given to people using IRC through the in-game !chat command.  You could very well have tried !chat yourself and noticed that you too were identified as "bRO-####."  Instead, you immediately resort to insults aimed at something that, to be perfectly honest, isn't that big a leap in logic when you see the sheer number of bROs in the chat.  Since you had a name and were therefore in Mibbit/an IRC client, you would have noticed the amount of bROs.

Second of all, Cruise is quite often an donkey, but he doesn't act like one without good reason.  He called you an idiot after you called people lazy with no imaginations.  Rude on his part, yes, but he was only responding to what he probably perceived as you not caring enough about the chat to learn about its in-game functions.

Next, you tell everybody they have "waaaaaay too much time."  So far, I haven't really seen any effort on your part to be friendly with anybody.  You could have asked nicely what the bRO-numbers meant, and somebody would have told you, but you continue to denigrate others in the chat.  So maybe Cruise didn't use 100% proper English grammar in his explanation about them being abbreviations; instead of saying, "Oh, yeah, I know what you mean," you try to push the point across that his explanation was flawed.  Nobody's perfect.  And that certainly wouldn't endear you to anybody.

If I were in the chat, I would have done the exact same thing Cruise did in kicking you after you said "don't be h8in on a nigga."  I don't care what race, creed, or cultural identity you perceive yourself as, but by saying that to Cruise, you insinuate that he has some kind of personal racist/stereotypical/what-have-you vendetta against you.  You might not be an idiot, but your word choice certainly is, and I believe that he had every right to kick you--not just for offensive speech (IRC is a PG-13 chat), but for insulting Cruise on a personal level and elevating an argument that you really had no cause to start.  You then return to the chat, defend yourself using offensive language (again), and are promptly banned.

Maybe Cruise shouldn't have called you an idiot.  At the same time, I can't blame him for it considering the fact that from the first word we see in those screenshots, your intentions to pick a fight with somebody (whether on purpose or not) were quite clear.  And I agree with Cruise--DID you know what that chat was for?  It's specially programmed to allow in-game players to chat with IRC users without needing an IRC program open and having to alt-tab all the time.  If you want to become a respected member of bRO, at least look at the forums and try learning a thing or two before you accuse us of being "lazy people with no imaginations."

That's really all I have to say.  Cruise was acting silly, you were too, but when you brought racial epithets and other accusatory messages in an attempt to insult and/or harm others, he had every right to kick you and ban you after a second offense.

Windstar

uh............imageshack or photobucket please
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Turok

first of all what i said was in no way insulting, if you percieve it to be so, then i guess you must whine over spilt milk? yes i am a bit off a sarcastic person, but i dont go around calling people retards, or idiots, or whatever else....  as for having general knowledge of the irc... duh.. i am in game watching the dialogues take place every freakin day??? i seen worse being said, no one getting kicked everyone all laughing shaking hands type thing, guess they all know each other tho.. so some stranger come in they gang up on.... real nice

and about the comment about no imagination... my irc nick did not show up as a number.... as i took the time to choose a name? yet im still ingame? hmm......... the basis you gav makes no sense to me pal, and yea i'll put these in image shack when i get time  <3 much love windstar

double acc

Zarsheiy

I said my peace, you said yours. I have no reason to argue or debate with you, because everybody has their own opinions about things and it would get nobody anywhere.

I hope you find a server that better agrees with you.

Edit: Bad English at 2 AM. Yay.

Turok

actually i have XD i was just on Bro out of "boredom" wanted to see if it was any good, but so far im severely dissapointed with it... only one gm is decent and thats GM Scythe....
actually think this server is worse then CRO was Windstar... wouldnt doubt that other then "favourtism" that their may be more corruption then we know of just yet....

Zarsheiy

Quotewouldnt doubt that other then "favourtism" that their may be more corruption then we know of just yet....

And now it seems like you're just trying to pick a fight again.  If you don't like the server, that's fine, but making baseless assumptions like that is really unnecessary (and, I have to say, really rude).

Seriously, just let it go.

Turok

Quote from: Zarsheiy on Mar 15, 2010, 09:57 AM
Quotewouldnt doubt that other then "favourtism" that their may be more corruption then we know of just yet....

And now it seems like you're just trying to pick a fight again.  If you don't like the server, that's fine, but making baseless assumptions like that is really unnecessary (and, I have to say, really rude).

Seriously, just let it go.

how exactly is it baseless? XD

Zarsheiy

You have no evidence of anything other than Cruise being an asshat. It's just stirring the pot.

You have a problem with the server. That's perfectly fine, no one server is going to be acceptable to all players--that's why so many are out there. But that doesn't mean you have to assume the server's corrupt to the core just because it didn't agree with you personally.

It's not that I don't agree with you that the situation could have been handled better, but I do disagree with the fact that you want to continue to slander the server when you even said you've already found one that's better for you.

Lucian

Quote from: Zarsheiy on Mar 15, 2010, 12:22 AM
First of all, please either use Imageshack/Photobucket or another specialized image uploader, or upload the images directly onto your post.  Not to be overly picky or anything, but it's a little annoying to have to go and specifically download each and every picture separately. (Plus, it seems like they're out of order in the download links you've provided. I know anybody can look at the screenshot numbers, but it'd be nice to at least get them posted where they can be viewed in sequential order.)

Let's see. The first thing you (I'm assuming you're Akon) say is that the bRO-numbers are "too many lazy people with no imaginations." From the get-go you seem to approach IRC with some level of hostility.  If you had taken the time to go through the server rules/forums, you would have quickly learned that "bRO-####" is the chat identity given to people using IRC through the in-game !chat command.  You could very well have tried !chat yourself and noticed that you too were identified as "bRO-####."  Instead, you immediately resort to insults aimed at something that, to be perfectly honest, isn't that big a leap in logic when you see the sheer number of bROs in the chat.  Since you had a name and were therefore in Mibbit/an IRC client, you would have noticed the amount of bROs.

Second of all, Cruise is quite often an donkey, but he doesn't act like one without good reason.  He called you an idiot after you called people lazy with no imaginations.  Rude on his part, yes, but he was only responding to what he probably perceived as you not caring enough about the chat to learn about its in-game functions.

Next, you tell everybody they have "waaaaaay too much time."  So far, I haven't really seen any effort on your part to be friendly with anybody.  You could have asked nicely what the bRO-numbers meant, and somebody would have told you, but you continue to denigrate others in the chat.  So maybe Cruise didn't use 100% proper English grammar in his explanation about them being abbreviations; instead of saying, "Oh, yeah, I know what you mean," you try to push the point across that his explanation was flawed.  Nobody's perfect.  And that certainly wouldn't endear you to anybody.

If I were in the chat, I would have done the exact same thing Cruise did in kicking you after you said "don't be h8in on a nigga."  I don't care what race, creed, or cultural identity you perceive yourself as, but by saying that to Cruise, you insinuate that he has some kind of personal racist/stereotypical/what-have-you vendetta against you.  You might not be an idiot, but your word choice certainly is, and I believe that he had every right to kick you--not just for offensive speech (IRC is a PG-13 chat), but for insulting Cruise on a personal level and elevating an argument that you really had no cause to start.  You then return to the chat, defend yourself using offensive language (again), and are promptly banned.

Maybe Cruise shouldn't have called you an idiot.  At the same time, I can't blame him for it considering the fact that from the first word we see in those screenshots, your intentions to pick a fight with somebody (whether on purpose or not) were quite clear.  And I agree with Cruise--DID you know what that chat was for?  It's specially programmed to allow in-game players to chat with IRC users without needing an IRC program open and having to alt-tab all the time.  If you want to become a respected member of bRO, at least look at the forums and try learning a thing or two before you accuse us of being "lazy people with no imaginations."

That's really all I have to say.  Cruise was acting silly, you were too, but when you brought racial epithets and other accusatory messages in an attempt to insult and/or harm others, he had every right to kick you and ban you after a second offense.
I'm not going to download screenshots, so please use Photobucket or something.

Turok

http://img36.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screenretributionhr007.jpg

and lol @ them saying i dont even play Bro when i was in game ROFL how FAIL!!!

Zarsheiy

Quote from: Turok on Mar 15, 2010, 08:20 PM

and lol @ them saying i dont even play Bro when i was in game ROFL how FAIL!!!

Actually, can you prove that the character you are playing in that screenshot is yours?  When someone is .kb (kickbanned), both their IRC nick and their in-game bRO-number are .kb'd. If you're still able to view IRC in those screenshots, that should mean that either you are not Akon, or you are not the player in that screenshot.

Turok

Quote from: Zarsheiy on Mar 15, 2010, 08:31 PM
Quote from: Turok on Mar 15, 2010, 08:20 PM

Actually, can you prove that the character you are playing in that screenshot is yours?  When someone is .kb (kickbanned), both their IRC nick and their in-game bRO-number are .kb'd. If you're still able to view IRC in those screenshots, that should mean that either you are not Akon, or you are not the player in that screenshot.
what should it matter? seems like you just trying to make exscuses for them now... point is the decision made to kick someone for the reasons they did, then to ban, meanwhile the other part of said issue gets to stay in irc and sit their mocking the unfortunate?
doest seem like this server is deserving of all the players it has.... also your brainstoming is flawwed as well... for lol i definitly was not banned ingame(maybe its due to the type of connection i have? lol)

Zarsheiy

No, actually, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly was going on. You seem to think I'm the Big Bad Wolf here, but I'm really not; I'm just trying to get a picture of a situation I wasn't around to witness. You'll notice that I absolved nobody completely of all blame, including my fellow Blackout players, and that I did admit that you may have been wronged before you began to retaliate.

Either way, given the attitude you're approaching me with, I don't think it's necessary or beneficial for me to reply here any longer.

I hope you enjoy your new server.

Turok

alright sorry my bad man, i took it wrong could you forgive me? ;-;