A message from CaseRO's staff v2

Started by gmchrono, Jul 04, 2014, 02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmchrono

Hello. I'm sorry to make this post once again but, we as the staff team are done with yrvine's crap. the way things are going, he probably just wanted me to remove the post from RMS so he could leave without ruining his name. yrvine said there will will be a newer and better update for the server "CaseRO V7". i see how that helped. he hasn't been online since a week and updates are barely completed and we as GMs are suffering because of it.

Here's the 1st post regarding CaseRO.
I wanted to discuss regarding CaseRO's admin vanishing and it's past.

A message from the staff team.

Yrvine(admin) is someone that I respected a lot. He didn't seem like the person who would vanish when the server had it's worst days. At least he didn't do that few months ago when the server was facing hardships.

I will be giving out some server's secrets because I don't want to lie anymore. Arc our Co-Admin who was being paid 20% of the donation got inactive all of a sudden and yrvine said to him "if you do not work, I don't have a reason to pay you." And then the next day Arc dropped loads of things in-game and we were forced to cover it up by saying, it was a bug that was abused by a player.

Yrvine was frustrated and said he won't trust anyone with the server. He'll manage updating and bug fixes himself. That commitment didn't last for too long. He was forced to hire someone. The new Co-admin asked for 50% of the donation of this server. The next day, yrvine and that admin were no longer replying to us. Both of them vanished. It's been 2-3 days and we haven't got a reply since. The server has been down since 2 days.

We didn't know what to tell the players since the admin wasn't there to tell us what's going to happen next. Is he going to fix it or he's going stop it? We couldn't give any promises to the players. And we wanted to respect the admin and not say anything against the admin. So we waited for those 3 days and finally we started to wonder. Did the admin really ditch us? Left us to bear all this? That's when we made a post in the news section. the server suddenly got online itself, no idea how. probably host's PC restarted? but what does it matter? still no reply from the admin.

http://www.caseragnarok-boards.com/index.php?/topic/219-regarding-downtime/#entry2332

That post has been up since 20 hours and yet no reply from yrvine.

Also, let me tell you about me as a GM here.

I applied as a GM here only because I wanted to help the server. I was recommended by one of the co-admin. Guccivera. A person that I respected and still do. I wasn't expecting any salary whatsoever but he did tell me that when he started off as a support GM, he got paid 10$ a week and yrvine would pay me too. The server has gotten a lot of donations, so 10$ wouldn't be so hard to pay right? I become a GM because I wanted to help as I said before but I was promised that I would get paid. Every time I asked the admin for salary, he would make a reason to go afk or he would say "We didn't get enough donations" and go afk. I was active every single day monitoring BG for hours and doing my best as a Police GM.

If the admin was indeed busy IRL for whatever reason, I am truly sorry for making this post. I truly am. But if he indeed ditched us, I am glad I made this post.

Well, that's about it from my side. I'll give the rest of the staff this topic's link and they'll tell you their side of the story.

-   GM Chrono

I don't care if he removes me from the staff team after reading this. I'd rather not waste my time on a server with an admin like that. the only reason I'm still there is because of the players. I felt bad for all the players who are still there hoping yrvine will make things better.

No offense. everyone get's busy. but if he is busy, he shouldn't have made such promises. even the co-admin currently in the staff has no power to the server. even he's clueless.

Call me whatever you want, but i am done with this server.

gmchrono

An Update: Just yesterday, i made a post about yrvine. about him being a fraud and how he doesn't care at all about the server. i wake up today to see the forums is down. he just proved my point. he was probably watching the server with a different account and waiting for it to die.

He even removed my GM powers in-game.

I'm going to remake the whole topic here.

Hello CaseRO!

"It's time you move on. I know you must be having quite a few questions and one them probably is "where's the admin?" the answer is simple. he isn't here and he doesn't care. who cares if he's busy IRL? what kind of person cannot have 5 mins of his time to check up on his server? you all already know the reason why but you keep hoping it's not what you think. no more donations. why pay for a server that is dying? he clearly doesn't care.

I know how precious your characters and times spent on CaseRO is but, spending anymore time on this server isn't worth your time. there's quite a few servers out there who have a better admin than this."

Regarding server host, he never changed it. it was and always has been pony hosting.
http://web.archive.org/web/20140708063515/https://caseragnarok-boards.com/

http://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=case-ro.com&prog_id=GoDaddy&k=uLUu%2fdvCj+ZFaHd+bR8ITCeWp01I3an5v5+JSgFtYs0BPKMWj7U8RYwLkxaokmXD

Optimum

I rest my case - the one on your first thread. He just made the server to receive donations, just like his friend. Sorry you guys had to go through this too. Also, I knew it was too much of a coincidence that he came back after I slammed him and his friend, Evian, on your previous thread. Lel. Goodluck to you and your server my dude.

gmchrono

Hi. it's been a while and i haven't updated this thread at all. the reason being, I'd rather forget all this and move on and the other reason is, my comp died.  /sob

There's no point ruining one's own mood over something like this. server's come and go. I've played so many servers and GM-ed for quite a few servers too. they make you happy and when they close, you feel sad. but in just a month or so, that feeling goes away. sadly, it hurts even more when you play as a GM there as well and work so hard and yet get so little or nothing out of it. I wasn't expecting anything much though. as you can see, the main reason i joined the staff was to help the server. I love CaseRO and i will miss it. sure, one of the co-admin said about the salary thing, and the main admin ignored, but hey! s*** happens. I'd rather not think about this anymore.

If yrvine does make a new server again, i wish him good luck and it's players. without a doubt, i am sure quite a few players would still play it even though it's yrvine running it again. he might have made mistakes, done bad things or whatever and yet his server truly was fun.

I've helped the server in few ways myself. but players would think i did nothing. especially if they know who i am. that's about it. good luck to all you players. i hope you find a good server that you can call home.  /kis

gmchrono

that's his server?! lol. I was asked by that server's admin or player in CaseRO to join their staff team before it started. it must be someone else. but dat name LOL

Atchiro

I could be wrong but I went through the trouble of downloading it just to check, and both servers are far too similar. And yes, the name...

Optimum

Lmao it's funny because this reminded you of CaseRO but it honestly reminded me of EvianRO. The two idiot admins running around creating servers, collecting donations from people, and leaving the server to die without notice. Smh. The nerve.

Sethmetal Kukri

Chronos, I have no idea what Yrvine said to you to make you withdraw your first post about him, but seems to me that you were either a complete coward who was afraid of losing his GM position the moment Yrvine returned for a bit after you made the post, or you sincerely believed like a fool that the money grubbing admin was trying his best to keep the (dying) server alive.

You had the momentum going, you had support from Optimum's post about EvianRO's Admin and Case being friends and caring only about the donations, Case would sooner or later go down in flames and I thought I was able to finally see a GM with the backbone (yes, the rest of the GMs are just as coward as you were, and abusing forum moderator powers on players they were secretly unhappy with) but you...

Coward, or gullible fool, good luck with yourself.

gmchrono

You are accusing me of something. Tripper knows the reason why i asked him to remove the post. Yrvine asked me to remove the post and he also said that he would make the server better again. I see nothing wrong with that. he said that he was just away and wouldn't explain why. He just probably wanted me to remove the post and then leave. i don't know his real intentions. i do not care about my GM position for an admin like that. i don't have time for any admin like that. I only care about the players and the server itself. not the admin. and because i cared about the server, i believed him and gave him a chance. because that's what the players wanted. for the server to not die.

If you still believe i was being a coward because i was afraid of losing my GM position, so be it. i wasn't born to please you.

Sethmetal Kukri

Quote from: gmchrono on Jul 21, 2014, 04:20 PM
You are accusing me of something. Tripper knows the reason why i asked him to remove the post. Yrvine asked me to remove the post and he also said that he would make the server better again. I see nothing wrong with that. he said that he was just away and wouldn't explain why. He just probably wanted me to remove the post and then leave. i don't know his real intentions. i do not care about my GM position for an admin like that. i don't have time for any admin like that. I only care about the players and the server itself. not the admin. and because i cared about the server, i believed him and gave him a chance. because that's what the players wanted. for the server to not die.

If you still believe i was being a coward because i was afraid of losing my GM position, so be it. i wasn't born to please you.

You're just a fool then, I mean, even with Optimum's post, you weren't convinced enough? Were you just as delusional as many of the players that there was still hope for that server?

You GMs are all the same to me.

gmchrono

I'd rather not keep a grudge. if there's a way to fix things, I'll take it. even if it means i might get fooled. good luck with your attitude. you'll go far in life.

Sethmetal Kukri

Quote from: gmchrono on Jul 22, 2014, 05:52 AM
I'd rather not keep a grudge. if there's a way to fix things, I'll take it. even if it means i might get fooled. good luck with your attitude. you'll go far in life.

Grudge? Looks like you've mistaken here kid.

When you had the information first hand about Yrvine's intentions, what's the best thing you could've done? To make known the issue and to prevent players from feeding Yrvine anymore. I may have played on Case for 8 months, but I know nuts about what's going on behind the scenes, yet I could still figure out his intentions long before it died. You knew better, yet you allow the players' torture to go on instead of putting Yrvine's money leeching scheme to a stop.

My attitude? Lol, look at yours instead. You have much to learn from Yrvine's actions young padawan.

Optimum

To be fair, Sethmetal Kukri is nothing but right here. Before I get into it - I want to apologize in advance but here's what I think of it.. I gave you details and evidence that CaseRO had no hope. I told you what Evian did and honestly, it's almost the exact same with what was going on with CaseRO. That itself was a red flag. You should have known better and not come back when Yrvine coincidentally made a come back when I put him and his mate, Evian, on blast. You claim that you care about people, but do you really? If you truly cared - wouldn't you have informed them about what was really going on - share them what I shared to you? I doubt all your people saw what I wrote. Not everyone has an RMS forum account and even if they did, they wouldn't have seen it since my post wasn't even up for at least 24hours. If you cared like you said you did, you would have informed them. You would have blasted Yrvine's donkey in front of your server. Yes - I understand that your community had high hopes and wanted the server to live on, and so did you, but if you, or any other member of the staff, cared about them - you would have accepted the situation and told the server the truth about Yrvine and the players were getting f*** over. You guys shouldn't have given yourselves, and everyone else, false hope. I gave you everything you needed to know that you needed to back away from the server and warn the community. Even if it turned out that the server was in fact going to live on - an act of rebellion against Yrvine - to inform the server - shows nothing but the amount of care you truly had for the server and everyone in it, if you did care. I'm sorry he fooled you for the first time, but this time around, I can't help but agree that it's partially your fault that you had to go through it again. I know I sound like an a****** but I really don't believe you came back because you cared about the server or the people. I agree with Sethmetal Kukri that you cared more about your powers. You could have done a lot more if you did care about the server.

I hope you've learned a lot through this, especially about trust - even in the real world. Also prioritizing and determining what is actually important to you.

gmchrono

Like i said, stop accusing me of things. I did not care about my powers and never did. even when my powers were removed, i stayed online and comforted the players.  are you here just to bash me? because that's what it looks like. i honestly don't care if you don't believe me. like i said, i wasn't born to please you. have a good day.